the half way through the season who finishes where thread.

Guest optimistic nit

well pompey and west ham could definitely be in freefall after the january window. and if boro sell downing, wigan sell heskey and blackburn sell santa cruz, theyll be in trouble too (although I think Blackburn would use that money well). Hull's bubble will burst, Man City will buy themselves up the league and Villa definitely wont get top 4.

1  Man United

2  Chelsea

3  Liverpool

4  Arsenal

5  Everton

6  Aston Villa

7  Man City

8  Fulham

9  Bolton

10  Spurs

11  Hull

12  Newcastle

13  Blackburn

14  Portsmouth

15  West Ham

16  Boro

17  Sunderland

18  Wigan

19  Stoke

20  West Brom

Despite there being a lot of troubled teams this year, I struggled to pick a third team to go down. tbh, i dont really think wigan will. thats what we'll have to be careful of.

man united- think quality will prevail and they win the league

pool  - not much seperating 2 and 3 but liverpool wont keep it up i dont think to win. chelsea drop too many points at home, and

chelsea  - wont keep winning away from home that and scolaris first season. maybe next year if they dont fire him.

villa- quite a few points ahead of arsenal i think.

arsenal- marginally ahead of everton.

everton- home record will improve and they finish the season strongly.

wigan- very impressed with these 2 managers, particularly hodgson as fulham are generally quite entertaining. both have a

fulham - very strong defence and fulham will start to score away from home.

man city- too good to be in the position they are in. will spend big in january.

spurs- ditto.

newcastle- we'll get a few modest buys in january and will finish mid table again.

bolton- starting to play better football and still seem quite resiliant.

hull city- bubble has burst, but their earlier points will keep them up, and they will still pick up points to stay up with room to spare.

west ham- cant see them going down, even if their manager is unproven.

middlesbrough- will be close, maybe downing will leave. some teams will be worse.

blackburn-  big sam will keep them up in dull style, for them to become one of the most hated teams. not much in it.

west brom- theres always a team staying up on goal difference on the last day, à la fulham and west ham. have a good manager.

stoke - no goal scorers, can see them drawing at home, losing narrowly away. will be happy to see shot of them.

portsmouth - seem to be in freefall and James not playing well. defoe or crouch might leave. not looking good. no faith in adams.

s'land - no faith in sbragia, not that good a squad. maybe 20th is a bit harsh on them but i dont think theyll be marooned like derby or watford.

i really do like that this seems to be a really competitive season, realistically anyone from 7th to 20th could stay up or go down. what do you all think?

• 4 months later...