the half way through the season who finishes where thread.

Guest optimistic nit

Guest optimistic nit

well the title pretty much explains it. no games except villa-hull and boro-arse until jan 10th, who will finish where?

Guest optimistic nit

top 3- liverpool manu and chelsea. that seems pretty much set in stone, as for who will win it, i dont have a clue, although if manu and chelsea don't step up their game it could well be the fecking scousers.

second 3- villa-arse-everton seem above the rest of us this season. i actually think villa will get cl qualification. they have some good players and i think the potential to add in january.

bottom 14. blackburn winning means that there are now only 10 points seperating 7th-20th. i don't think any of these clubs are immune from the drop personally.

i think blackburn and west brom, despite recent form, will both be in the bottom 6 come may (is that when the season ends?). they have 2 of the weakest squads in the division. hull seem to have the potential to crash and burn dramatically, but the points they have already picked up plus the fact that all the teams in the league are not immune from dropping points means imo they'll avoid the bottom 5 but will not be safe with 5 games to go.

bolton, fulham and wigan should all finish mid table imo. neither have all too good squads, there are many better in the bottom 14, but i still see them finishing higher than 'bigger' clubs because they dont seem to be wasting as many points as others in the league and they are getting points that you would not expect them to get.

citeh, spurs and us should all be safe, although i can see all 3 of us looking over our shoulders until a few games to go in the season. that said i can see this being the busiest january window yet, as every team has areas that they will want to stregnthen for the second half of the season, which should drive prices down, so all 3 of these clubs have the potential to improve and push for europe.

the final 4 places imo in the bottom 6 will be taken up by sunderland, stoke, pompey and west ham. west ham are in real trouble and i can see a nightmare second half of the season for them, pompey are in freefall and i think they may continue like that if they have to sell players like diarra and defoe plus maybe others. stoke and sunderland are just not very good.

as for who will get relegated, i'm not certain.

middlesbrough are very meh, not playing well at all but should finish saftely mid-table due to the ineptitude of the rest of us.

my table

chelsea

liverpool

manu

villa

everton

arsenal

fulham

wigan

bolton

middlesbrough

newcastle

spurs

hull

citeh

blackburn

sunderland

pompey

stoke

west ham

west brom

although i can potentially see bolton slipping quite a bit lower than that, and either us or much more likely spurs making some good buys in jan and pushing us up to compete with wigan and fulham. boro may be able to as well if they buy well in jan. i don't see citeh's season ending well however. not sure why though

Guest Geordiecunny

well the title pretty much explains my inability to spell. no games except villa-hull and boro-arse until jan 10th, who will finish where?

Guest optimistic nit

City are going to shoot up the league imo, they will vastly improve in the next 4 weeks

i think they are going to get a bit desperate myself. similar to sunderland, but in a more impressive style. they have a lot of money they want to spend but wont be able to get they players they want, so will overpay for mediocure players who aren't much use if you need to battle, and that could cause them to struggle.

Guest quklaani

I did this table about a week ago.  I honestly think you'll do much better than this, Everton too, but I just predicted each result on it's merits.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/Qu_klaani/untitled.jpg

Of course, look at the goal differences, I think I went a bit off there.  Also you'll all think my predictions for Sunderland are ridiculous, but they seem to have a relatively easy second half of the season.  Although it should be noted I made this prediction before their recent appointment.

Guest optimistic nit

I did this table about a week ago.  I honestly think you'll do much better than this, Everton too, but I just predicted each result on it's merits.

Of course, look at the goal differences, I think I went a bit off there.  Also you'll all think my predictions for Sunderland are ridiculous, but they seem to have a relatively easy second half of the season.  Although it should be noted I made this prediction before their recent appointment.

how can you have an easy half a season? ;)

No way will Hull get 6th and Everton 15th?!?!

1. Chelsea

2. Man United

3. Liverpool

4. Aston Villa

----------------------------

5. Arsenal

6. Everton

7. Wigan

8. Tottenham

9. Fulham

10. Middlesbrough

11. Man City

12. West Ham

13. Bolton

14. Hull

15. Newcastle

16. Blackburn

17. Portsmouth

18. Sunderland

19. Stoke

20. West Brom

*Pretty much all relative come the end of the season, could end up in any particular order really

Lmao. No seriously, that's some warped thinking predictions there.

Btw, i hope Everton actually fucking do something in Europe this time, instead of continuously wasting precious European spots. In spite of our general shiteness for the last few years, and i know you're not remembered for getting to the quarter finals - atleast we've actually 'flown the flag' to some extent in the noughties.

Btw, i hope Everton actually f***ing do something in Europe this time, instead of continuously wasting precious European spots. In spite of our general shiteness for the last few years, and i know you're not remembered for getting to the quarter finals - atleast we've actually 'flown the flag' to some extent in the noughties.

In fairness we did get pretty much the hardest draw possible this year, as they are proving by beating Sevilla, Stuttgart etc.

I'd say last 16 isn't too bad.  :snod:

Edit: Although we should have got further.

1. Man Utd

2. Liverpool

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Villa

6. Everton

7. Spurs

8.Fulham

9. Man City

10. West Ham

11. Wigan

12. Pompey

13. Newcastle

14. Hull

15. Bolton

16. Sunderland

17. Blackburn

18. Boro

19. Stoke

20. West Brom

I have no idea tbh, it could finish completly different. The table should nomally show near enough how things are going to finish, but i think even teams from 7th downwards could all go down

Guest quklaani

I'm fairly confident about the ones that matter, top 5 and bottom 3.  The rest as you'll see theres pretty much nothing in it, anyone could finish anywhere out of those teams.  I think the problem with Everton was I predicted they'd lose to the big sides (justifiable due to your terrible record in these games) and just kept guessing they'd draw the rest (which was down to laziness.)

edit:

Switching a couple for a more realistic prediction:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/Qu_klaani/untitled2.jpg

Notably theres not much difference in points needed to change your position.

Guest toonlass

Manure

Chelski

Liverpool

Villa

Arsenal

Everton

Wigan

Bolton

Newcastle

Fulham

Hull

Middlesbrough

Citeh

Spuds

Blackburn

Wet Spam

Pompey

Scum

Stoke

West brom

I'm fairly confident about the ones that matter, top 5 and bottom 3.  The rest as you'll see theres pretty much nothing in it, anyone could finish anywhere out of those teams.  I think the problem with Everton was I predicted they'd lose to the big sides (justifiable due to your terrible record in these games) and just kept guessing they'd draw the rest (which was down to laziness.)

edit:

Switching a couple for a more realistic prediction:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/Qu_klaani/untitled2.jpg

Notably theres not much difference in points needed to change your position.

I'm perhaps nitpicking but I find it impossible to believe there'll be a 14 point gap between 5th and 6th, regardless of who they are. (But maybe that's me thinking we won't be 4 points behind Villa at the end of the season nevermind 14).

1st -  Man Utd

2nd - Liverpool

3rd -  Chelsea

4th -  Arsenal

5th -  Aston Villa

6th -  Everton

7th -  Man City

--------

18th - Sunderland*

19th - Stoke City

20th - West Brom

*this position could easily end up being Portsmouth or West Ham depending on what happens in January