Liverpool pathetic fans

Guest BooBoo

Its probably harder to support and motivate a team when they are pulverizing the opposition.  If it was more of a contest im certain they would of been better.

I can understand what your trying to achieve as its been a pretty s*** day, but your attentions should be on our club for now.  Because we arent up there with them and majority believe we should be, its natural to be jealous and want to knock them for something.

Surely your argument is invalid given that they were silent at 0-0 and not much louder at 1-0, 2-0 and 2-1 and the reality that Newcastle's away support would at least twice as loud at 5-0 down, 3-0 down, 0-0, 2-0 up etc, especially if they were contending for a champions league position, let alone the league title.

I wish that lot in the corner would stop singing "Your support is f***ing s***" to every set of fans.  No they weren't particularly vocal, but at least they stopped us having an embarrassing set of empty seats.  It once had an effect, at the semi final in Cardiff (the first time I remember hearing it), but for god's sake, stop!  It's crap, it makes us look like idiots and it's unnecessarily antagonistic. They were winning 5-1, ripping us, are top of the league, and we have the owen situation and i never heard them attack us.

I liked 'your support is f***king s***'. Simplistic, but highly appropriate and if you compare the numbers that left early at the Pompey away game and how much earlier they left, the numbers that remained was impressive even with the number they had in our end.

To totally disregard any posts previous let me have my two penneth.

Lets put it one way, our support was good for the first 20minutes.  I enjoyed the atmosphere and thought we outsung the other team.  Events on the pitch took a downturn, we began to become less 'united' in our support.  The Liverpool fans still remained relatively quiet.

Now, I know the argument of 'were winning, we dont need to shout and scream' can sometimes come into play, but howay...

Imagine this scenario:

The year is 95, we are playing Liverpool Away, the scoreline is 5 -1 to us.  We are top of the league at Christmas with a 3 point lead.

What would the atmosphere be like?

Picture it?  Good?

Now picture their fans today.

Silent, minus 4 minutes after each goal.  

Results and performances on the pitch go hand in hand with the atmosphere, but a team pushing for 1st spot come the end of the season, in the champions league and looking very strong could have, and should have had a very very strong support, or at least some atmosphere.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Blackburn managed to create more noise than these lot.

All I'm trying to highlight in the above is the fact that, yes, we were getting absolutely raped on the pitch...but to drown out a team that are top of the league, in the champions league and are winning 5-1 is brilliant.

:clap:

Thank you NUFC and Singing Section for reminding me of what it means to SUPPORT my team no matter how much of a disgrace we are on the field.  

Supporters are the life and soul of NUFC, and no matter how s**** we are, we (personally speaking) showed how much we care today.

Excellent post.

Sorry for so many consecutive posts, but going to make one more. If this criticism of Liverpool's support is jealously, then how come we don't have a thread like this every time we get hammered at home?

Guest Man in Black

Lets put it one way, our support was good for the first 20minutes.  I enjoyed the atmosphere and thought we outsung the other team.  Events on the pitch took a downturn, we began to become less 'united' in our support.  The Liverpool fans still remained relatively quiet.

Now, I know the argument of 'were winning, we dont need to shout and scream' can sometimes come into play, but howay...

Imagine this scenario:

The year is 95, we are playing Liverpool Away, the scoreline is 5 -1 to us.  We are top of the league at Christmas with a 3 point lead.

Picture it?  Good?

Results and performances on the pitch go hand in hand with the atmosphere, but a team pushing for 1st spot come the end of the season, in the champions league and looking very strong could have, and should have had a very very strong support, or at least some atmosphere.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Blackburn managed to create more noise than these lot.

All I'm trying to highlight in the above is the fact that, yes, we were getting absolutely raped on the pitch...but to drown out a team that are top of the league, in the champions league and are winning 5-1 is brilliant.

Thank you NUFC and Singing Section for reminding me of what it means to SUPPORT my team no matter how much of a disgrace we are on the field.  

Supporters are the life and soul of NUFC, and no matter how s**** we are, we (personally speaking) showed how much we care today.

a bit embarrassing that. infact, this whole thread is cringeworthy. lets be honest, the standards Newcastle set and Liverpool set are worlds apart. battering a team fighting relegation 5-1 away is hardly anything to get excited about.  we could have banged in 10 and you lot couldnt have had any complaints. so forgive us for not getting as excited as you lot might be if you had beaten us 5-1 away to go top(a laughable notion anyway).

maybe to create more of an atmosphere you could have all swirled around your free scarves. the ones the club gave you to try and create an atmosphere. If i were following the toon i'd be spending less time worrying about the singing from a bunch of hungover and freezing cold away fans, and more about getting 40 odd points so you will still be in the division next season, because to be quite honest, you lot were the worst team we have played this season

battering a team fighting relegation 5-1 away is hardly anything to get excited about.

Arrogant nonsense. This "fighting relegation" thing is debatable too since we're one of many clubs in that position at the moment. You must not get excited about beating a lot of teams if that is the case.

a bit embarrassing that. infact, this whole thread is cringeworthy. lets be honest, the standards Newcastle set and Liverpool set are worlds apart. battering a team fighting relegation 5-1 away is hardly anything to get excited about.  we could have banged in 10 and you lot couldnt have had any complaints. so forgive us for not getting as excited as you lot might be if you had beaten us 5-1 away to go top(a laughable notion anyway).

maybe to create more of an atmosphere you could have all swirled around your free scarves. the ones the club gave you to try and create an atmosphere. If i were following the toon i'd be spending less time worrying about the singing from a bunch of hungover and freezing cold away fans, and more about getting 40 odd points so you will still be in the division next season, because to be quite honest, you lot were the worst team we have played this season

Agree stopped reading after the first pathetic post.

Well you obviously didn't as you wouldn't have read his post .  :snod:

Imagine this scenario:

Picture it?  Good?

Sorry mate, I'm certinally not embarressed by what I wrote, infact if you read what I actually said its far from saying anything about how 'we are worlds apart', merely highlights how well I thought (given the circumstances) our fans got behind the team.

To use the excuse of cold & hungover and also you lot 'slaughtering' us, as causing you guys a reason not to sing, then I really dont know what you want out of football?

Christ, I'm pretty sure if we were 5-1 up away from home then we would be going mental.  

Also, to then generally start taking the piss because of free scarves (we waved them like twice?), stating we are the worst team you have played and about us "Should be worrying about our league status" rather than being in this division is just crazy.  I never mentioned anything to of the sorts in my previous post.

Did I touch a nerve or was I merely stating an eyewitness account of both sets of fans.

:idiot2:

Now please.  Lets move on ey? ey? ey? ey?

Haven't read the whole of the other 5 pages worth.  :thup:

But just a pathetic subject slagging other clubs support off to be honest.

Guest Jawesome

Haven't read the whole of the other 5 pages worth.  :thup:

But just a pathetic subject slagging other clubs support off to be honest.

I 100% agree with the bin dipper on this one.

Imagine this scenario:

Picture it?  Good?

We're louder than that regardless of the cirumstances away from home. How often does a title contending club's away support at a good ground get outsung by the home fans? You were seriously outdone there, and it's a 1.05 shot that we'll outsing you at your place.

How exactly were our standards in 1995 (the year of Matty's comparative scenario), world's apart from yours now? We made a better Premiership title challenge then than you ever have.

God, I thought our support was a bit disappointing at the 3-0 loss at Anfield last season, but it was definitely much better than yours a couple of days ago.

I'm not being funny here. Our support away to Hartlepool pre season was better than yours on Sunday, and we won 4-1, which makes it harder to sing in your eyes.

What do Newcastle fans have to sing about? We've been dismal since 2004. Your excuse is you have nothing to get excited about. What the hell do we have to get excited about?

If you want to hear a proper away support that knows how to sing when they're battering a far inferior team then get yourself a ticket for the Newcastle v Man Utd game at St. James's Park.

battering a team fighting relegation 5-1 away is hardly anything to get excited about.

Arrogant nonsense. This "fighting relegation" thing is debatable too since we're one of many clubs in that position at the moment. You must not get excited about beating a lot of teams if that is the case.

It's YOU that is arrogant(about how wonderful NUFC fans are) - he's quite right, we probably WERE the worst team they've played all season, and we ARE fighting relegation, whether you choose to stick your head in the sand or not ; you should be looking at the club for all its faults, not having a go at other clubs who make ours look like an over 50's amateur outfit - on AND off the field.....

It's YOU that is arrogant(about how wonderful NUFC fans are) - he's quite right, we probably WERE the worst team they've played all season, and we ARE fighting relegation, whether you choose to stick your head in the sand or not ; you should be looking at the club for all its faults, not having a go at other clubs who make ours look like an over 50's amateur outfit - on AND off the field.....

Maybe they don't get excited about beating us 5-1. I think it's unlikely given that it's a significant result in their pursuit of the title and Liverpool were trading at 1.8 at betfair to beat us, which implies they only had a 55.5% chance of winning. The real important point is that creating atmosphere isn't about getting excited. Man. Utd.'s fans aren't quiet when they're battering a far inferior side. They're never quiet because they've got such a passionate following. It's not all about the result for them. We're similar. Newcastle fans pretty much always sing persistently and reasonably loudly away from home regardless of circumstances.

Eh?

Where have I been "sticking my head in the sand" in regards to our club? I've been as critical as anyone. In fact where have I said anything good or bad about our fans in this thread?

We probably were the worst team they've played all season and I've said elsewhere that that was the worst we've been in a very long time. I didn't say we're not fighting relegation - I said in terms of the teams around us, there are so many because it is so tight - and thus Liverpool fans must not get excited very often if what he was saying is the case (i.e. when they beat the teams around us).

Learn to read posts in context next time. I'm not the only one calling him arrogant either.

Maybe they don't get excited about beating us 5-1. I think it's unlikely given that it's a significant result in their pursuit of the title and Liverpool were trading at 1.8 at betfair to beat us, which implies they only had a 55.5% chance of winning.

What rubbish not a signifciant result,every result is ffs!If we even managed a draw United would go top if they won there games in handSo would you say the fact Liverpool dropped points at home to Stoke,Fulham,West Ham and Hull.

Maybe they don't get excited about beating us 5-1. I think it's unlikely given that it's a significant result in their pursuit of the title and Liverpool were trading at 1.8 at betfair to beat us, which implies they only had a 55.5% chance of winning.

What rubbish not a signifciant result,every result is ffs!If we even managed a draw United would go top if they won there games in handSo would you say the fact Liverpool dropped points at home to Stoke,Fulham,West Ham and Hull.

Like I said, according to the Betfair (a betting exchange where the general public make bets with each other) market , Liverpool only had a 55.5% chance of winning that game, implying it was a very significant result in their pursuit of the league title.

Sunday did a lot to strengthen my faith in the standard of our support. On the basis of my experience and what I can generally gather, the top 5 Premiership supports at the moment in order of quality are:

1. Man Utd

2. Stoke

3. Newcastle

4. Sunderland

5. Hull

When we're beating Liverpool on the pitch we can start criticising their supporters.

Really never understood this criticism of away fans thing, it's not as if their play suffered as a result yesterday.

I think its as a result of for years away fans having a go at home fans for their s*** support "Your supposed to be at home!" etc. etc.

Now, it has got to the point where home atmospheres everywhere are pretty s*** that a teams away fans are the yardstick for how good their support is.

Liverpools were s***, that is why they are being critisized.

Or we could just not give a crap how loud or not their fans are and just concentrate on supporting our own team.

Say what you like about Liverpool fans (and yes they are often quiet) but when they do sing, they sing about THEIR OWN CLUB and don't just come here to abuse us like most. A novel idea. Do you think "Your support is f*ckin s**t" inspires your own team? No, its just pathetic "look how great we are and how crap your fans are" bravado.

Liverpool's away support was no different on Sunday, to 3, 5-10 years ago. We didn't give them stick about it then because we were getting behind our own team but now we seem more interested by how loud the other lot are, than backing our own team. I for one couldn't give a f*ck how loud Liverpool fans are. Who cares?

I don't think we can have too much of a go, with the amount of booing we did, when they came here last season either, when they were actually quite loud. We were even joining in with "Big Sam for England".

Like I said, according to the Betfair (a betting exchange where the general public make bets with each other) market , Liverpool only had a 55.5% chance of winning that game, implying it was a very significant result in their pursuit of the league title.

Evermind me im dying with flu  :-[

When we're beating Liverpool on the pitch we can start criticising their supporters.

Really never understood this criticism of away fans thing, it's not as if their play suffered as a result yesterday.

I think its as a result of for years away fans having a go at home fans for their s*** support "Your supposed to be at home!" etc. etc.

Now, it has got to the point where home atmospheres everywhere are pretty s*** that a teams away fans are the yardstick for how good their support is.

Liverpools were s***, that is why they are being critisized.

Or we could just not give a crap how loud or not their fans are and just concentrate on supporting our own team.

Say what you like about Liverpool fans (and yes they are often quiet) but when they do sing, they sing about THEIR OWN CLUB and don't just come here to abuse us like most. A novel idea. Do you think "Your support is f*ckin s**t" inspires your own team? No, its just pathetic "look how great we are and how crap your fans are" bravado.

Liverpool's away support was no different on Sunday, to 3, 5-10 years ago. We didn't give them stick about it then because we were getting behind our own team but now we seem more interested by how loud the other lot are, than backing our own team. I for one couldn't give a f*ck how loud Liverpool fans are. Who cares?

I don't think we can have too much of a go, with the amount of booing we did, when they came here last season either, when they were actually quite loud. We were even joining in with "Big Sam for England".

Something that's even worse than giving your team stick, is sitting there like a muppet. When we got hammered 4-1 at home to Pompey last season, we gave our own players a lot of abuse, but at least we showed plenty of passion. Better than just being a set of spectators that don't really care. I wouldn't even bother going if there was never any noise.

That's a fair point that we shouldn't care about other team's support and should concentrate on our own, but I'm not against promoting ourselves in retaliation to all the grief other sets of fans like to direct at us. Liverpool fans included. They tend to be quite arrogant and like reminding us how we've 'never won fuck all'.