Luque: 3 starts - 3 goals

Guest Knightrider

Guest Invicta_Toon

he's not a striker and he's not a winger

therefore he has to be part of a 4-3-3 formation

and Luque does not justify changing the teams formation just to accomodate him

Pardon me.

I can't beleive the number of Luque hateing retards out here. Give the man a break man he just scored the winning goal for us! We can't be more ingrateful can we? He's not Scotty Parker so stop expecting him to track back and make sliding tackles you morons! You don't find Pires or Van Pirse doing that shite do you?

Guest kinaldo

Worth remembering that Luque can't be anywhere near match fit, think he's plyed like one reserve game so far. Nice goal and decent performance all things considered. He doesn't deserve to be completely frozen out from what I've seen.

he needs to show willingness to get involved, i was a big fan of luque and stood by him most the way, but just what you see of ihm when he's off the ball is absolutely pathetic, shocking and is a disgrace. this is why many people disagree with you and don't get off his back as he scored the winnign goal. if martins scored he'd be getting praised as you'd see his work rate would of been alot better than luque's.

ARE YOU FOR REAL MATE ??? I mean who give's a flying f*ck if a striker is showing how much sweat he has in his shirt as long as he does the job !!! AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT A STRIKERS JOB IS ??? TO SCORE YES TO SCORE...

I don't give a crap how fast Martins runs or how much sweat Duff poors on the ground as long as they keep their inabilty to score then they are NOT GOOD ENOUGH...

People used to bag Dyer and Bellamy not for lack of effort but for lack of scoring...

BTW, Luque's personality is different to others we had before...He is not the type of player who is proactive and energetic. NO he is not like that, he is more the cool skillful technical player who will create magic from nowhere someone like Laurant Robert if your remember him...How much we miss Rorbert's magic when he could come up with a goal when leased expected like what happened tonight...

Also people need to remember, If it wasn't for Milner's great volley (i.e. service) Luque wouldn't have had the chance to score...So we need to remember that forward players need good quality service...and I don't think we had that many tonight and Luque took one...

I really thought Luque had a decent game tonight! and I wouldn't say he's lazy, just a conserver of energy he uses his speed when it's needed, if you saw the long diagonal pass Solano sent off Luque chased that down and nobody from our side was  expecting him to do that so when he played it back nobody was ready for it, he did what he was suppose to do he held the ball reasonbly well! considering this is not his natural game. He just looks lazy, but for me when he needs to he'll chase and harrass, I just think he asseses a situation far better than we give him credit for why waste energy when you know you aren't going to get the ball.

Glad that Luque scored but in the overall picture, it does not really matter. Roeder said that this is his big chance, and now that he has taken it, Roeder will just reward him the way he previously did, by dropping him to the bench (if he is lucky)!

Glad that Luque scored but in the overall picture, it does not really matter. Roeder said that this is his big chance, and now that he has taken it, Roeder will just reward him the way he previously did, by dropping him to the bench (if he is lucky)!

Glenny boy deserves to be shot if he does that! I don't see any reason why Luque deserves to be bench for the next game.

So like a 4-3-3 type formation? Reminiscent of Chelsea's Robben---Drogba---Cole type thing last season?

And you know what...That is exactly the formation that Spain used to play when Luque was in the squad...He used to pushed to the left of a 4-3-3 formation and he did well...Not surprised at all that we can't get the best out of him with a 4-5-1 formation and him being the lonely head at the top...

I read something quite startling today - Luque has started 11 games for Newcastle United.

I love the way how people have formed well based, factual opinions on a player who's had less than a dozen starts in his time here.

Very true, but that cuts both ways.

How do you mean?

Some people have formed opinions that he's the greatest striker ever on the same lack of appearances.

To be fair, I think most people who defend Luque against the bashers have NOT claimed that he is the greatest striker ever...Totally not true...Most of us were and still are getting pissed off at some idiots who can decided to write off a 9.5 million pound player after only his first start against Man U...Ameobi and to a less degree Martins and Duff are still being supported even after all the chances they had and not done much at all...

It is all about scoring goals and assissting others to score too...If a striker can do that then he should be OK...He doesn't have to be running like a headless chicken so as to get the knod for next game ahead of someone else...

He is clearly unfit, no one can deny that.

Still he scored the goal and keep the goal in poccession quite well.

This guy has really good positioning and finishing, he just lack of fitness and support.

Luque has scored 1 goal by taking the only chance in last game,

while Martins, Duff, etc fucked all chances in about 3-4 games. Fact.

Luque: 3 starts - 3 goals

Which 3 starts are these?

Couldn't be arsed to read the topic in full, but iirc his only goals for us are against Lillestrom, Palermo and S*nd*rl*nd (didn't start?). If anyone is counting his goal against Celtic in the testimonial then that's hilarious.

Hopefully this is the start of something special, I won't be holding my breath though. I would genuinely love him to be a great player for us, and tonight was an improvement on what I've seen before, but I'm just not sure I can ever see him justifying his price tag.

Guest SeattleToon

Give the guy a break....he gets his first start in several months and buries the one big chance he gets, and in an away match against the co-leaders of Serie A, no less. Shola and Martins probably would have headed it over, and Rossi would never have gotten his head on it.

I only ask one thing of a striker, and that is to put whatever chances he gets in the back of the net. Anything else he does is a bonus. So stop complaining and whining about all the things Luque didn't do and be happy he buried the chance Milner provided him with.

It's not just the fact that he's playing as the lone striker, doesn't link up play well, or doesn't create enough chances.

It's the lack of passion in his game. He seems disinterested in what's going on, won't battle/give enough effort to win the ball.

Its only when he shows an edge and hunger in his game that the fans will get behind him.

Give the guy a break....he gets his first start in several months and buries the one big chance he gets, and in an away match against the co-leaders of Serie A, no less. Shola and Martins probably would have headed it over, and Rossi would never have gotten his head on it.

I only ask one thing of a striker, and that is to put whatever chances he gets in the back of the net. Anything else he does is a bonus. So stop complaining and whining about all the things Luque didn't do and be happy he buried the chance Milner provided him with.

Exactly...Duff, Martins and Ameobi would had done fcuk all with the chances they had in front of goal all this season and Luque gets one chance and he scores but still people don't want to see his face in the team...UNfuckingBELIVABLE...

Guest Ridzuan

I think it is acceptable.He has work really hard behind the scene to get his first team chance but for some reason,Glenn cannot see this.I really hope Luque will start playing for us more regularly because I think he deserve more than what he is getting now.

I wouldn't say he's lazy, just a conserver of energy

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote of the year.

You've got nothing else to say abou the topic ??? I am sure you would have been one of the first here if not being the thread starter if Luque had NOT scored tonight to mouth off against him..

Quote of the year.

You've got nothing else to say abou the topic ??? I am sure you would have been one of the first here if not being the thread starter if Luque had NOT scored tonight to mouth off against him..

For some reason my little robotic friend is very very quiet on the subject both here and on TT.  ;)

Guest damiantylai

I dont think Id be too far from the truth in saying Owen doesnt do much for the team except score.  That game against west brom or birmingham (where he scored that cracking volley) he  scored two goals and thats about all he did.  Luque did exactly what owen would have done today - score and nothing else.  Owen would have been hailed a hero, Luque should too.

Guest Gemmill

Quote of the year.

Jesus Christ lad, he scored a goal for Newcastle.  I'm pleased.  I still don't think he's much cop, and he did nothing last night to suggest that he is.  No doubt you saw some AMAZING things in his performance though.

Guest Gemmill

Quote of the year.

For some reason my little robotic friend is very very quiet on the subject both here and on TT.  ;)

bluebigrazz.gif  I'm not quiet on the topic anywhere.  :cool:  The bloke scored a goal, I'm not gonna take a huff about it, cos I actually would like to see him succeed.  Your argument was that we should have brought him on at the weekend against Charlton - on the basis of last night's performance, he doesn't look to me like someone who would change much of anything coming off the bench.

I've said all along that I hoped he would prove me wrong.  I just don't think he has yet.

Quote of the year.

Jesus Christ lad, he scored a goal for Newcastle.  I'm pleased.  I still don't think he's much cop, and he did nothing last night to suggest that he is.  No doubt you saw some AMAZING things in his performance though.

I didn't say that I saw him doing AMAZING things as I didn't watch the match (Set the mobile phone alarm to 6:45 PM instead of AM errrrr...)

Do you think Luque should play on Saturday ?