Non-allocated seating

James

Guest north shields lad

ive been a few matched in germany, mainly in Hannover, and the atmosphere for a normal league game is head and shoulders above anything in the premiership. Safe standing sections are the way ahead, although i dont agree with the mocrophone thing, wouldnt work at a club like Newcastle where we would all just argue and slag down whoever has the microphone.

I thing the thing that everton (i think it is) do, where people have had a chance to ask that they be placed in a certain block, where all the pissheads, singers, and old school go. The scouser that told me about it, said it has spread from one block of seats to 3 blocks within 2 seasons. We'd probably still have to much in fighting though, like all the stuff with the ultras and fans group. Thats the problem at newcastle, anyone tries to improve things they are shot down before it gets off the ground proper. Id rather go back to 1988 and a good 22000 hard core, with loads of singing.

Its simple really: Safe standing sections. We've already got a singing section and it has improved the atmosphere at SJP, even if its not a massive difference.

Why the FA wont listen to the fans is beyond me.....all they need to do is follow Germany's example of safe standing and we'll be in business. The Safe Standing would be a bit like non-allocated tickets. For the simple reaon that all the singers would go and apply to stand in the SS section, while all the singers would just huddle together in the non-alloctaed sections....except with more hassle! :iamatwat:

Safe Standing for me.

Guest toonlass

The thing with safe standing is that all that is remembered is crumbling terraces, penned in fans and crushes. The people who make these decisions are still in the 1980's and don't realise that times have moved on, and that standing can be safe.

Atmosphere comes with results, something to look forward to, someone in charge the fans respect, good football on the pitch.

People standing will have next to no effect at St James Park, it'll be the same as it is now. You're not suddenly more likely to sing if you're stood up.

Not really true i remember being at St James in the 80's and the place rocking and the dross that was on the pitch then was unreal

Atmosphere comes with results, something to look forward to, someone in charge the fans respect, good football on the pitch.

People standing will have next to no effect at St James Park, it'll be the same as it is now. You're not suddenly more likely to sing if you're stood up.

Not really true i remember being at St James in the 80's and the place rocking and the dross that was on the pitch then was unreal

it was rocking if you were in amongst it. the atmosphere was shit listening from the centre paddock on the occasions i took advantage of my uncles season ticket instead of paying for the gallowgate.

Come one time to Germany and then compare again the atmosphere with England after you were in a standing section...

The Bundesliga is generally known for good atmospheres though isn't it?

I just don't believe standing makes that much of a difference, maybe I missed out on the terraces in the 80s etc.

For me, as someone who stood in terraces as a kid, its not about the standing, there is a whole culture of positioning that will maximise the atmosphere in a way standing will not.Some lower league clubs don't have allocated seating in their seat stands, and the atmosphere is much better because of it.

Where did you stand in terraces as a kid? Aren't you about 22?

Come one time to Germany and then compare again the atmosphere with England after you were in a standing section...

I just don't believe standing makes that much of a difference, maybe I missed out on the terraces in the 80s etc.

For me, as someone who stood in terraces as a kid, its not about the standing, there is a whole culture of positioning that will maximise the atmosphere in a way standing will not.Some lower league clubs don't have allocated seating in their seat stands, and the atmosphere is much better because of it.

I used to live in Exeter for a while so went to watch their games.

I used to live in Exeter for a while so went to watch their games.

Pretty different to standing in a premiership ground though...