He's only a poor little Hammer!

Incognito

Bitter and twisted??????

My Posts: 1912

Location: Waiting for a win, hoping for a takeover, praying for a miracle.

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'They only took x amount of fans'...'Palermo played a weakened team'...'lucky old Roeder'...blah blah blah. Any excuse will do to justify why Newcastle beat a team that we couldn't eh? Were Newcastle at full strength? Did they have amazing support to spur them on?

Well, f*ck it. I'm not bitter, and credit where it's due, so well done Newcastle.

Bitter and twisted??????

Whoops wrong Hammer opinion..

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:

Wish they had played that side against us!

Oh and Newcastle only took 180/300 fans out to Palermo? What a joke.

Famous Toon Army? 

We took around about 3,000 fans (me being one of them) out to Palermo.

yeh there support was a joke. the commentators made me laugh oh they are such good fans! F*cking disgrace we took 10 times more fans then them

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:01 am Post subject:

'They only took x amount of fans'...'Palermo played a weakened team'...'lucky old Roeder'...blah blah blah. Any excuse will do to justify why Newcastle beat a team that we couldn't eh? Were Newcastle at full strength? Did they have amazing support to spur them on?

Well, f*ck it. I'm not bitter, and credit where it's due, so well done Newcastle.

PaulTheHammer

My Posts: 1466

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:   

I hate Rodent with a passion and now he is heading for getting one up on us. Still the longer they are in Europe, the greater of their league form continuing to dip.

Sad cockney Tw.....

Guest Ridzuan

Its a typical attitude of a soreloser.But well,what can we do.Whether Palermo play a weakened team or whether we were lucky,one thing which remain the same is that we won and there is nothing that the little guy could say or do to change that.

I don't think you can compare a teams first appearance in Europe for years (how many did we take to Antwerp again?) and a "run of the mill" trip for seasoned campaigners. I think most people now look to the "big" games and especially limit themselves to places you can get to on a budget airline.

A mate of mine who has gone absolutely everywhere since 94 booked up but then bottled it after the WH stories - I thought he was being a tad soft but I think he's earned that right.

I can perfectly understand people not wanting to go tbh. And that goes for both the shoeless and the shoed.

I know.  I'm not willing to risk my life for a match, so if i thought i was in danger, i wouldnt go.  West ham were obviously going to have more fans, it was a one off special occasion for them.  Their first in ages and their last in ages.

I bet alot of wives after they saw the sunday sun were saying "youre not going to that" and im sure it didnt exactly compell others.

Guest Imperio

We can only play against who they put out, so whether or not we were lucky to beat them or whatever is undecided, we weren't exactly full strength either.

Sounds to me like they are just bitter. It was always going to be a tough game for us as from stories I've heard it is quite a hostile environment. Any away game is hard but to go over there, put in a solid performance and keep our 100% UEFA Cup record is amazing.

Sour grapes tbh.

If their lads hadn't started bother over there in the first place, maybe we wouldnt have been so worried about going over and would have got a larger turnout.

Guest 3-1 NYD

How many did we have in Milan? 12 thou?14 thou?

Those Essex tramps would'nt even take half that number!

Also, who failed to sell out their allocation the last time they played @ SJP.Thats right, The Iron Hoofs!

West 'Am are the new Man Citeh, i.e. they believe that they're the best fans in the world. Cor blimey guvnor, stuck with them through thick 'n' thin. Bunch of tumour boys if you ask me.

For those of you who were'nt @ the Boleyn for the Toon game, whilst their grandads army were berating Roeder for his 'wave' at the same time only a handful of their following deigned to applaud Shay Given off the pitch after he'd been crocked by Harewood.

I hope that we afford them a decent 'welcome' in January. Indeed, we should break with our current tradition of allowing away fans  (Mackems/Beasts excluded)from drinking on our patch should they decide to come 'norf.C*nts!

Guest optimistic nit

It's all well and good having a go at the Hammers but at the end of the day our turnout last night was piss poor.

I was there and it was a bit embarrassing to be honest. Fair play to everyone who turned up but it shows how much of a joke our support is at the minute. All the shoes off tossbags obviously shat themselves and are content to go to the games when they can turn up, act like twats and know nothing's gonna happen.

These should be the type of games that everyone turns out to. I don't want to get involved in any bother but it adds to the atmosphere when you can't swan around as if you own the place like we tend to do at Wigan, Blackburn et al. Only real places nowadays where you can't take the piss is Spurs and Old Trafford to some extent.

At the end of the day, OUR lads we're playing away in europe, in a hostile environment, in a competition which we try our bollocks off to get into every season and only 167 people turned up to support them.

I'm not condoning Palermo by any means, the place was a ****ing dump, but our support was shit last night, not from the people who were there but those who couldn't be arsed to go.

discounting the fact that hammers came on to here specifically saying dont go or you will be ambushed by thousands of palermo fans. i can perfectly understand people not wanting bricks and bottles thrown at them to be perfectly honest.

Guest 3-1 NYD

It's all well and good having a go at the Hammers but at the end of the day our turnout last night was piss poor.

I was there and it was a bit embarrassing to be honest. Fair play to everyone who turned up but it shows how much of a joke our support is at the minute. All the shoes off tossbags obviously shat themselves and are content to go to the games when they can turn up, act like twats and know nothing's gonna happen.

These should be the type of games that everyone turns out to. I don't want to get involved in any bother but it adds to the atmosphere when you can't swan around as if you own the place like we tend to do at Wigan, Blackburn et al. Only real places nowadays where you can't take the piss is Spurs and Old Trafford to some extent.

At the end of the day, OUR lads we're playing away in europe, in a hostile environment, in a competition which we try our bollocks off to get into every season and only 167 people turned up to support them.

I'm not condoning Palermo by any means, the place was a ****ing dump, but our support was shit last night, not from the people who were there but those who couldn't be arsed to go.

Obviously not everyone's as minted as you mate. See you in Frankfurt?

Guest 3-1 NYD

the one set of fans i have come to truely dispise, being down here in london, they honestly love themselves

Couldn't agree with you more mate,they are the most fickle around. Not long ago they wanted Pardew out, now he's a god. Roeder is hated by them because he got them relegated. Lyall is fondly cherished by them even though he got them relegated twice!!Couldn't sell out at St James' last season either! Hope they get relegated.

You do the math!

Guest Geordie_Paul

I couldn't go but i gotta admit i was disappointed with the turnout like. I suppose though the threat of being lynched mite have stopped them. Either way i could still hear them singing on the tele  tongue.gif :lol:

Hope to see a wicked turn out at the Sheffield game and get reet behind the team!!!

Bitter and twisted??????

BILLYTRAY is your avator picture REAL?

Dear All,

sorry to butt in. I am a Palermo fan and live in Palermo. I was at the game yesterday. Given that Italian teams have won by using the same tactics you did yesterday, I will not complain but just congratulate you. We were not cynical enough and did not take our chances. Some of ouor players did not perform very well. On the other hand I was very impressed with your team, weakened by injuries more than ours.

I have read your and other NC forums in the days coming the match. I must say that it has been extremely difficult for me not to intervene. There were only 167 NC supporters yesterday in Palermo. This was clearly a consequence of the campaign started by the WH supporters after the PA-WH game. I have to be honest I think this has been the most disappointing thing for me. Reading that women and kids were cowardly attacked in the streets...thousands of WH fans stabbed by people on mopheads... What a joke! That is just laughable. You are welcome to believe the story you like. The WH fans', the police story and its account of 6 policemen and Palermitans against only 2 WH fans injured, or something in the middle.

Clearly there have been problems and everybody will say the the others started it. But the stories I read are just laughable. I am not here to give a true account but I am sure any intelligent person could imagine how things must have gone. I can only witness for what I saw. Thousand of English people going around Palermo happily and with no problem whatsoever. That despite for the first time in Palermo's history after the WWII there were scenes of war in the city centre. I personally was very happy to help out two families get into the stadium with me, to sit next to me and watch the game in absolute peace and smiles from everybody. The following days I saw the WH fans who stayed happy and enjoying themselves on the beach and in bars. Just look on the net for pics and videos they made and you will be able to see with your eyes. The problem is that this is the silent majority.

I know that not all Palermo fans are saints. I know also that not all WH fans are saints. Here I want to witness for all the decent, friendly and nice Palermo fans who were radiant to see a team like Newcastle to come and play in our home turf, after years and years of lower league football. To those NCU fans like us I say congratulations for yesterday, I hope your luck turns in the Premiership and hopefully we'll meet again in the competition in the future.       

Bitter and twisted??????

yeah it was in the journal about 2 month ago

Dear All,

sorry to butt in. I am a Palermo fan and live in Palermo. I was at the game yesterday. Given that Italian teams have won by using the same tactics you did yesterday, I will not complain but just congratulate you. We were not cynical enough and did not take our chances. Some of ouor players did not perform very well. On the other hand I was very impressed with your team, weakened by injuries more than ours.

I have read your and other NC forums in the days coming the match. I must say that it has been extremely difficult for me not to intervene. There were only 167 NC supporters yesterday in Palermo. This was clearly a consequence of the campaign started by the WH supporters after the PA-WH game. I have to be honest I think this has been the most disappointing thing for me. Reading that women and kids were cowardly attacked in the streets...thousands of WH fans stabbed by people on mopheads... What a joke! That is just laughable. You are welcome to believe the story you like. The WH fans', the police story and its account of 6 policemen and Palermitans against only 2 WH fans injured, or something in the middle.

Clearly there have been problems and everybody will say the the others started it. But the stories I read are just laughable. I am not here to give a true account but I am sure any intelligent person could imagine how things must have gone. I can only witness for what I saw. Thousand of English people going around Palermo happily and with no problem whatsoever. That despite for the first time in Palermo's history after the WWII there were scenes of war in the city centre. I personally was very happy to help out two families get into the stadium with me, to sit next to me and watch the game in absolute peace and smiles from everybody. The following days I saw the WH fans who stayed happy and enjoying themselves on the beach and in bars. Just look on the net for pics and videos they made and you will be able to see with your eyes. The problem is that this is the silent majority.

I know that not all Palermo fans are saints. I know also that not all WH fans are saints. Here I want to witness for all the decent, friendly and nice Palermo fans who were radiant to see a team like Newcastle to come and play in our home turf, after years and years of lower league football. To those NCU fans like us I say congratulations for yesterday, I hope your luck turns in the Premiership and hopefully we'll meet again in the competition in the future.       

laughing my tits off with the second paragraph ,you can just picture it hard core hooligans armed with mamas handy cleaning aids.

Bitter and twisted??????

Yes i think so.it aint me though!