Do we need to start protesting?

Guest neesy111

GM - I think it goes back to the latter day of SBR's reign. The antics of Dyer (when he refused to play RW and throwing the captains armband) were a turning point for me. Since then we've seen players come and go when it's clear all they have come for is the cash.

In saying that - the owner has to take responsibility too. If the rumours are true about them all being put of for sale at the end of last August, is it any wonder most of them are hacked off? Still got to be professional mind - they are paid well enough for it. And that includes our captain, who's lack of effort in recent games has been notable.....

Another good post, BG - I also was sickened by Dyer's antics at Boro and players like him have ruined the game for me....the club, though, are just as responsible as the players if they were prepared to sell them all at the start of the season; its no wonder the best ones want to be away - its a shambles..

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I can only judge the team on indivisdual merit. We had a fantqastically balanced side in 04 but i do think there are some quality players here.

Bellamy FAR BETTER vs Martins

Shearer FAR BETTER vs Owen

Jonas vs BETTER Solano

Zog vs FAR BETTER Robert

Speed FAR BETTER vs Barton

Guthrie vs BETTER Jenas/Dyer

Colo  vs BETTER Woodgate

Bassong vs BETTER Bramble

People might say Bassong is better than Bramble because he's flavour of the month, for me Bramble edges it. Bassong makes errors too and is VERY clumsy making challenges in the box, hence giving away penalties like it's no tomorrow.

Regardless of this, I think Bassong is the only player there you can argue is better than his contemporary from the SBR team.

My approach would be to let Ashley know that regardless of what happens in the rest of this season, whether it be relegation or 10th, there will be a sustained boycott next season until he sells the club. If this means he has to take a loss so be it, he's got nothing if people don't turn up anyway so he'll either get X amount or fuck all. In my opinion, even if we pull some unlikely signings out the bag in the next couple of weeks and over the summer, he can't run this club. What has gone on this season with everyone, including the manager and the players, not having a clue what is going on is nothing short of a disgrace.

I know this won't happen as some people still seem happy to give him as much time as he needs to get us into even more trouble.

Who to?  And for what price?

He is not going to sell the club at a loss, it's a completely unrealistic expectation, no one is going to sell an asset for a loss if they can avoid it.

The club need much better communication with the fans.  If NUSC didn't have such an anti-Ashley stance they would be the perfect group for this, a group of supporters who would be able to tell the board how unhappy the fans are.

Protesting against the managing director (who has a much greater input on the day-to-day mismanaging of the club) makes sense.

Protesting against the clueless fuckwit of a manager makes sense.

Protesting to make Ashley sell the club at a loss is a waste of time.

Well there is no way he can make a profit currently and the only way to do so would be to qualify to europe in the near future, that isn't likely to happen. I think if he had a team playing in front of an empty stadium next season, and it is made clear that there is only nobody there because of the owner, he would be forced to sell and somebody would be getting a bargain. Would he rather get £100 million or nothing?

It's a sad state of affairs but can anyone see a future for us the way things are going at the moment? The other options are carrying on supporting like we always have, and has made no difference, or protesting like little pussies by carrying a banner and a few chants against him.

I think something should try & be arranged.

In terms of the impact on players, I think that playing in front of less people would actually take some pressure off them.

Guest toonlass

You are joking yeah? We have 40 thousand plus fans who can't sing at a football match they have known about for months in advance! Do you really think that anyone apart from the Toon "we are hard teenagers us like" Ultras are going to turn up to a protest, and at least half of them wouldn't have a clue what they are protesting for, they just see a big gang, the Tyne Tees cameras and think, "We could be on the telly, lets spout some abuse!" And what are you protesting for? For Ashley to leave? And if no-one wants to buy then what? Ashley says "Fuck it, I'm off" and lets us rot (much like what is happening now), what good has a protest done, apart from get some spotty unemployed charva's from Byker on Look North?