Do we need to start protesting?

Guest neesy111

I'm actually sitting in the train station waiting to come home from the

Match and quite simply I'm embarrassd, yes it was more then terrible today but chanting for Keegan, shearer, ashley out, were s*** and sick of it etc etc is quite simply pathetic, so many of our fans here today are fuckng kids without a clue.  I agree it's awefull but it's doing no good singing about how s*** we are, Blackburn fans are standing laughing at us, not the team US. !!!!

They have every right to react angrily.

Lying down and accepting this kind of dross is rank idiocy.

What do you propose? Boycott? Protest? Sit in? Sit out? Stand up? Stand down? Making waves at this very fragile time could do more damage than good.

Don't talk such "Accept what you get" twaddle.

I always recall the way certain characters on here responded to press criticism of us walking out after the dreadful 1-1 game against relegated Wolves.

Much like what you're saying now. And haven't we got better since then ?

Man U fans did EXACTLY THE SAME after finishing SECOND a year later - and the press didn't attack them like they did us. They didn't attack them at all, actually - they thought they "had a right"

And how did Man U's "failing" team react to criticism from fans ? GUESS.

We take the garbage, mutter about it, then criticise each other for doing just that - mainly because the rags tell us to, and some do as they are told.

Guest Howaythetoon

I sense clear difference in opinions between those who've put money into the club, and those who haven't.

And those that attend and don't, and those born here or who live here and don't.

I sense clear difference in opinions between those who've put money into the club, and those who haven't.

Whether we've put money into the club or not I think we all want change, we all want things to change. There's nothing more frustrating than watching your team sink to this level.

But really what good can a protest do? The club is in such a delicate place at this time that kicking up a fuss could send it over the edge, that's why we're in such a tricky situation. Change at this time could do more harm than good and it's too much of a gamble to take.

What the team and the club need at this minute is our undivided support to see them through this season with their Premier League status intact. Then we can think about the change and how to go about it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Protests? Come off it lads. I think people really have lost sight of where we are at this moment in time.

We support a club that is unstable from the top all the way down to the bottom, we don't have a clue what the intentions of the board are this club and we have a manager with an uncertain future. Kevin Keegan is gone, get over it. All that is important now is we are neck high in the s*** and all the moaning, whinging and protesting in the world isn't going to change that.

We've just lost heavily to a team below us in the league managed by a man who most have come to despise. I'm fuming, but when the knee-jerking subsides most will relise we're in the same position we were in about three games ago. There is so little in this table that it only requires a couple of wins to go shooting up the table. And I know after a game we should of been getting points from it's hard to hear, but we are capable of picking up points elsewhere.

Yeah I want answers from the board, I want an improvement on Kinnear and I want the players to start playing for their club but crying and moaning outside St. James' Park isn't going to help that. The only way us the fans can help our current plight, is to cross our fingers and stay united. I want change I really do but that can wait until the summer. A massive upheaval right now is only going to make things worse. We need to get behind the lads and just hope they get their act together, I know it sounds daft right now but anything else is only going to add to this club's detriment.

What do you suggest fans do? And don't fucking say support the team, they do that anyway, without fail. Unless there wasn't over 30K at home to Hull or thousands at Ewood Park.

I'm not in favour of protests, not the kind witnessed at home to Hull last year anyway. Not because I disagree or anything like that, I just find them pointless unless there is some consistency.

But something needs done, something needs to happen and fast. If we rely on the owner and his merry men to do something about the state of affairs then we really are fucked.

Whether we've put money into the club or not I think we all want change, we all want things to change. There's nothing more frustrating than watching your team sink to this level.

But really what good can a protest do? The club is in such a delicate place at this time that kicking up a fuss could send it over the edge, that's why we're in such a tricky situation. Change at this time could do more harm than good and it's too much of a gamble to take.

What the team and the club need at this minute is our undivided support to see them through this season with their Premier League status intact. Then we can think about the change and how to go about it.

A protest no, but you can't deny the legitimacy of the crowd getting p***ed off - particularly away games. They've gone to great expense in terms of time, money and effort to be there.

People say expectations generally are lowering, but fans still seem to pick up on any little error a player makes, and it goes from there. Perhaps this needs to change.

But in the end, if a player turns up with a half-arsed attitude, then really, the quality of the support is unimportant.

Protests? Come off it lads. I think people really have lost sight of where we are at this moment in time.

We support a club that is unstable from the top all the way down to the bottom, we don't have a clue what the intentions of the board are this club and we have a manager with an uncertain future. Kevin Keegan is gone, get over it. All that is important now is we are neck high in the s*** and all the moaning, whinging and protesting in the world isn't going to change that.

We've just lost heavily to a team below us in the league managed by a man who most have come to despise. I'm fuming, but when the knee-jerking subsides most will relise we're in the same position we were in about three games ago. There is so little in this table that it only requires a couple of wins to go shooting up the table. And I know after a game we should of been getting points from it's hard to hear, but we are capable of picking up points elsewhere.

Yeah I want answers from the board, I want an improvement on Kinnear and I want the players to start playing for their club but crying and moaning outside St. James' Park isn't going to help that. The only way us the fans can help our current plight, is to cross our fingers and stay united. I want change I really do but that can wait until the summer. A massive upheaval right now is only going to make things worse. We need to get behind the lads and just hope they get their act together, I know it sounds daft right now but anything else is only going to add to this club's detriment.

What do you suggest fans do? And don't f***ing say support the team, they do that anyway, without fail. Unless there wasn't over 30K at home to Hull or thousands at Ewood Park.

I'm not in favour of protests, not the kind witnessed at home to Hull last year anyway. Not because I disagree or anything like that, I just find them pointless unless there is some consistency.

But something needs done, something needs to happen and fast. If we rely on the owner and his merry men to do something about the state of affairs then we really are f***ed.

Boycott? A properly arranged one, like I say make him lower any asking price.

At the very least there has to be some way to force him to sack Kinnear and shell out to get a proper manager.

Clearly, Kinnear is not the answer.

If he is, it must have been a f****** stupid question.

Protest won't force Ashley take a loss sale.  Relegation can.

Am i reading this right? You want to risk the future of the club just to force out the man who could change it all, even though he;s given us the best first team in 5 years?

Yet we're in our worst position as a club since gaining promotion in 1993.

So its isnt the best first team we've had in 5 years? Is that what you're saying?

Am i reading this right? You want to risk the future of the club just to force out the man who could change it all, even though he;s given us the best first team in 5 years?

What best first team in 5 years? The purely theoretical first team that never did anything of note? Some people made the same argument for Souness. And his first team was theoretically better anyway.

So its isnt the best first team we've had in 5 years? Is that what you're saying?

No because it's not better than the team we had in 2004.

Guest black n white

according to bobby moncur we had 5-6 thousand supporters down there today, the attendance was 25

what do you mean by undivided support

That's for those who just want "Ashley out'.  Protesting does no good at this moment.  It won't force Ashley to sell the club at a huge loss, instead further worsen the team's morale.

I want Ashley out tbh, but not now.  We must stay in Premiership till the economy recovers.

Id say it was mighty close, closer than it has been for 4 years at least.

Point pretty much stands still.

Right I'll do my best to address Lien and HTT's posts together.

I understand the fans anger I really do. I'm not exactly tickety-boo myself and I imagine paying to watch today must have increased that anger ten-fold. But on the other hand you've paid the money, you know the crack, you’re not going to get a quality performance from this bunch. We're currently on a poor run of form with an injury hit squad, yes I expect professionalism and effort from the players but it was clear today we just weren't going to get it and that's not good enough, especially if we went behind.

So as a fan sitting in the away end what do you do? Do you think to your self: "I know what will get the lads going, a good old chant about Dennis Wise" or do you turn the noise up a couple of notches and let the lads know we're still behind them. I completely understand why the former option was taken under the circumstances but do I agree with it? No, because it wasn't productive in the slightest.

Then that begs the question what can we as the fans do to let our hurt be known without upsetting the apple cart? Well that is an incredibly difficult question. Do we sit tight lipped and hope we see out the season or do we go in all guns blazing demanding an upheaval and change. Well I think most fans want the latter, but there is very little we can do without doing more damage than good and that's what's so frustrating. Any kind of change at this club is going to bring negatives at this time of the season. We all know Ashley is too thick skinned to change his approach, he's shown us that already, he has his methods and whether they're right or wrong it looks like he's sticking to them. Chanting at Ashley and the so Called "cockney mafia" isn't going to get us anywhere.

So what about Kinnear, hypothetically so we kick up a fuss and get him binned then what? Who would realistically want this job that is an improvement on Kinnear given the current circumstances? An owner who's got "looking to sell up when the price is right" written all over him, supposed limited control of transfers, a team that throws in the towel when things aren't going their way and a restless fan base. It really isn't that attractive. It's also worth noting we're in the middle of a transfer market which will have shut before the new man can take control.

So change isn't going to be easy it takes time for the dust to settle time we don't have. The fact is with returning players we still have a squad that is more than capable of finishing mid-table this season. The problem for me now is that since that Liverpool rape the player’s confidence is shot they just don't look up for it. So how can we, the fans help that? Like HTT we do have the support but we don't have the positive support. It's difficult in these dark times to motivate the fans, we need noise we need positive, productive chants that makes those players believe they can win any game. We need to stop jumping on their backs and start riling them up so they have the motivation even if they themselves or their manager can't produce it.

The damage is done, we've dug our hole and we need to climb out of it. All the negative chanting in the world might make the fans feel better, but it isn't going to change a thing apart from how deep that hole gets. Yes I'm hurting, and I want change, our club is a joke and it isn't good enough. But before we go demanding change at this very moment in time I think it's worth engaging our brains instead of our knees and we at least consider the short term consequences it will have on the team and our position in the league.

Id say it was mighty close, closer than it has been for 4 years at least.

Point pretty much stands still.

How does your point still stand when it isn't even the best for 5 years?

Guest LucaAltieri

And those that attend and don't, and those born here or who live here and don't.

And I sense a big difference in opinion amongst people who do attend. Amongst people who are local.

Do we really need to go down this bullshit route again?

Guest Howaythetoon

And I sense a big difference in opinion amongst people who do attend. Amongst people who are local.

Aye because a lot of the people it seems putting fans down are those that aren't even close to the scene so can't possibly relate to what people who are going, especially to away games, feel, nor appreciate the utterly abject vibe from within the city where the club is concerned. People are fucking sick of it all and it will boil over soon into something more gruesome than anything at the Hull match.

Guest black n white

Protesting caused part of this s****.

Not this again.

How did it help us? Bar scare off any potential successor?

Of all the s*** that is spouted on this board this is still the best one.

I f***ing love the idea that people who would spend hundreds of millions on a business would be put off by what were after all completely peaceful protests.

Guest LucaAltieri

Aye because a lot of the people it seems putting fans down are those that aren't even close to the scene so can't possibly relate to what people who are going, especially to away games, feel, nor appreciate the utterly abject vibe from within the city where the club is concerned. People are fucking sick of it all and it will boil over soon into something more gruesome than anything at the Hull match.

Nobody likes it. The disagreement is about how to deal with it.