Do we need to start protesting?

Guest neesy111

Guest Gemmill

I actually agree with HTT. I'm probably the only Toon fan in a 100 mile radius.  I'll never understand what it's like to be in Newcastle as everyone around me is devastated by bad news after bad news after bad news, watching the entire city sink into depression. Whatever pain and anger I'm feeling right now, I'm sure you're feeling more.

That's not why I think protesting during the match is a bad idea though.

Nah it's bollocks.

I am local and I don't fall into a downward spiral of depression when we lose. Half my mates aren't even Newcastle fans.

Also, while living in London and Italy I got equally as pissed off when we lost.

The 'local thing' is just used by those who want to make their opinions seem more valid than the people they disagree with.

Who was it before who basically said it was acceptable if you chinned your lass whenever we lose? :lol:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,19943.0.html

It's in the Hall of Fame!

I just want a bit of communication from those who Kinnear reports into. That's not much to ask is it?

Dont forget Big Mike is going to tell us everything once the window closes.

If there is actually a big grandstand Mike Ashley "statement" at the end of the window, I'll eat my hat.

I'll eat two if we end up liking anything he said.

Can't be anywhere near as bad as the drivel they spouted at the end of the last transfer window.

I actually agree with HTT. I'm probably the only Toon fan in a 100 mile radius.  I'll never understand what it's like to be in Newcastle as everyone around me is devastated by bad news after bad news after bad news, watching the entire city sink into depression. Whatever pain and anger I'm feeling right now, I'm sure you're feeling more.

Nah it's bollocks.

I am local and I don't fall into a downward spiral of depression when we lose. Half my mates aren't even Newcastle fans.

Also, while living in London and Italy I got equally as pissed off when we lost.

The 'local thing' is just used by those who want to make their opinions seem more valid than the people they disagree with.

Who was it before who basically said it was acceptable if you chinned your lass whenever we lose? :lol:

Stevieintoon, I believe. :lol:

EDIT: Bollocks, I should have read ALL the replies including Gemmill's before I chipped in. :blush: :doh:

Guest Howaythetoon

Nah it's bollocks.

Its not bollocks. Those who don't go or don't even live here can't possibly share what those who do are feeling on a daily basis where NUFC is concerned, much less question those feelings whatever they are and how they are expressed, be it via demonstrations, booing, boycotting or ranting and raving on here.

Nah it's bollocks.

Its not bollocks. Those who don't go or don't even live here can't possibly share what those who do are feeling on a daily basis where NUFC is concerned, much less question those feelings whatever they are and how they are expressed, be it via demonstrations, booing, boycotting or ranting and raving on here.

That part I disagree vehemently with.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nah it's bollocks.

You can question the implications of such gestures, but you can't condemn someone for taking such a course of action. Not from hundreds or thousands of miles away anyway.

i think the only protest, that clubs ever fear, is fans staying away, and as things are going, the crowds will dwindle, then ashley may be forced to act.

Three seasons for me. I'd still go anyway mind.

Best in 4 years then? January 05, the window we signed Boumsong and Babayaro.

Id still argue that this first team would give the SBR 04 team a run for its money. My opinion anyway.

What? Shearer/Bellamy vs. some striker combo that just doesn't work particularly well? Robert vs. whatever winger we have who can't shoot or pass (all of them), our current spineless midfield vs Gary Speed in combination with Jenas, Dyer, Bowyer, and so on? That's a team with a hell of a lot more fight in them, and many many more goals. The current team wouldn't stand a chance. All we have is a theoretically better back 4, injuries permitting. In reality, the current team has let in 37 goals so far this season, whereas Woodgate et al conceded 40 in total the whole season.

We may have a first team that may look better on paper, if you disregard the fact that we don't have a single player who can shoot from outside the box, not a single player with decent off the ball movement, not a single player with any aggression up front, no one to hold up the ball, and no one to go on runs so that the ball can be successfully laid off again. We've got a bunch of decent players, but our first team is shit.

Nah it's bollocks.

You can question the implications of such gestures, but you can't condemn someone for taking such a course of action. Not from hundreds or thousands of miles away anyway.

What's the difference? I just think it's a bad idea. What does "condemn" even mean in this context?

Guest LucaAltieri

Nah it's bollocks.

Rubbish. People living elsewhere could allow NUFC to be the focal point of their lives and go through the same emotions as someone who has stood in the gallowgate for the last 20 years. If they allow themselves to place such importance on it they will feel exactly the same.

Equally, people living in Newcastle might not give a fuck one way or the other whether or not the team loses if they have no interest.

The way you paint it you make it sound like the whole city has to break out the prozac when we lose a game, which we all know is simply not the case.

if people protest it's about time they protested in the right place to be honest, where the players and mike ashley leave not at the old entrance.

Nah it's bollocks.

You make it sound as if everyone in Newcastle shares the same opinion. This is just sanctimonious BS in my view. I've sat to some right plebs at St James who IMO don't have a clue about football. Just because they have bought a ticket doesn't automatically make them more passionate or knowledgeable. Some of them sit through a game like they were at church tbh.

Id still argue that this first team would give the SBR 04 team a run for its money. My opinion anyway.

What? Shearer/Bellamy vs. some striker combo that just doesn't work particularly well? Robert vs. whatever winger we have who can't shoot or pass (all of them), our current spineless midfield vs Gary Speed in combination with Jenas, Dyer, Bowyer, and so on? That's a team with a hell of a lot more fight in them, and many many more goals. The current team wouldn't stand a chance. All we have is a theoretically better back 4, injuries permitting. In reality, the current team has let in 37 goals so far this season, whereas Woodgate et al conceded 40 in total the whole season.

We may have a first team that may look better on paper, if you disregard the fact that we don't have a single player who can shoot from outside the box, not a single player with decent off the ball movement, not a single player with any aggression up front, no one to hold up the ball, and no one to go on runs so that the ball can be successfully laid off again. We've got a bunch of decent players, but our first team is shit.

I can only judge the team on indivisdual merit. We had a fantqastically balanced side in 04 but i do think there are some quality players here.

Bellamy vs Martins

Shearer vs Owen

Jonas vs Solano

Zog vs Robert

Speed vs Barton

Guthrie vs Jenas/Dyer

Colo  vs Woodgate

Bassong vs Bramble

etc etc

If we had a proper manager we'd be doing fine.

If you can only judge a team on merit of its individuals, you can't judge a team at all. Shearer, for instance, scored 22 league goals in 2003/2004, while "individually" not being the great player he once was. He still contributed more to NUFC that season than Owen has done in his whole career. Why? Because he had Bellamy to make runs, Robert to cross the ball, Speed and Jenas to support from midfield, etc.

The current first team has loads of individual quality, it just lacks the qualities needed for being a good team. There's no one to create chances, for instance.

Struggling to see what good would come from protesting any further. It would be like trying to put out a fire by throwing petrol on it.

It's hard to stick by this club sometimes but going down would be the worst possible scenario and the players need 100% support, even though some of them don't really deserve it. The club comes first.

if people protest it's about time they protested in the right place to be honest, where the players and mike ashley leave not at the old entrance.

Speaking for myself, having lived away from the area for long periods (but back on Tyneside now), I get much more emotional about the team here than when I lived elsewhere.  I guess it is because the gloom and doom can be hard to escape from - everyone I know will talk about NUFC to me but when I lived elsewhere, NUFC were hardly discussed as no-one else was interested.  (I cannot remember being so depressed about the team when we were poor in the 70s and 80s or maybe it is down to how far and so quickly we have fallen).

But I accept that there are a lot of people up here for whom it makes little difference personally but I do think when the team does badly that it affects the morale of the city.

At the very least there has to be some way to force him to sack Kinnear and shell out to get a proper manager.

no one wanted the job before Kinnear, what makes you think someone will want it now?

The sad thing is that the full blooded support that I saw today at Blackburn, doesn't seem to do anything for the players. Many of them are beyond caring.

I think that's a feature of many teams in the Premiership - money has now corrupted the game so much that there isn't a single team who fans haven't got a gripe about at least a few of their players seemingly only being in it for the money. Fingers crossed though, perhaps a change in culture in Premiership football is just around the corner?

On the other hand, you could say the fact the players don't seem to care is more simply just down to a culture of shite management at our club and is symptomatic of a deeper malaise which precedes even Ashley's time here.

GM - I think it goes back to the latter day of SBR's reign. The antics of Dyer (when he refused to play RW and throwing the captains armband) were a turning point for me. Since then we've seen players come and go when it's clear all they have come for is the cash.

In saying that - the owner has to take responsibility too. If the rumours are true about them all being put of for sale at the end of last August, is it any wonder most of them are hacked off? Still got to be professional mind - they are paid well enough for it. And that includes our captain, who's lack of effort in recent games has been notable.....

if it were true that they are only here for the money (which it is to a point) surely the same must be said for most every player at most clubs. i really don't think kenwynne jones would turn down one of the big boys if they cam knocking,bellamy is kicking up,barry wanted to leave,berbatov got his way.

very naive to think the players we have had newcastle at the top of their list.

We may have a first team that may look better on paper, if you disregard the fact that we don't have a single player who can shoot from outside the box, not a single player with decent off the ball movement, not a single player with any aggression up front, no one to hold up the ball, and no one to go on runs so that the ball can be successfully laid off again. We've got a bunch of decent players, but our first team is s***.

Agree completely with the first section placed in bold, but disagree with the second point.

On a side note the w***/cult hero status afforded to Guiterrez currently, when compared to the love-hate version given to Robert - ie. a match-winner - borders on embarassing imo.

Jonas isn't fit to lace Robert's boots imo.................. but it does help being a 'Webster Signing', for a minimal fee, whose imminent arrival was at the time kept out of the press.

Protests? Come off it lads. I think people really have lost sight of where we are at this moment in time.

We support a club that is unstable from the top all the way down to the bottom, we don't have a clue what the intentions of the board are this club and we have a manager with an uncertain future. Kevin Keegan is gone, get over it. All that is important now is we are neck high in the s*** and all the moaning, whinging and protesting in the world isn't going to change that.

We've just lost heavily to a team below us in the league managed by a man who most have come to despise. I'm fuming, but when the knee-jerking subsides most will relise we're in the same position we were in about three games ago. There is so little in this table that it only requires a couple of wins to go shooting up the table. And I know after a game we should of been getting points from it's hard to hear, but we are capable of picking up points elsewhere.

Yeah I want answers from the board, I want an improvement on Kinnear and I want the players to start playing for their club but crying and moaning outside St. James' Park isn't going to help that. The only way us the fans can help our current plight, is to cross our fingers and stay united. I want change I really do but that can wait until the summer. A massive upheaval right now is only going to make things worse. We need to get behind the lads and just hope they get their act together, I know it sounds daft right now but anything else is only going to add to this club's detriment.

First sensible post so far :clap: