Do we need to start protesting?

Guest neesy111

Protest won't force Ashley take a loss sale.  Relegation can.

Am i reading this right? You want to risk the future of the club just to force out the man who could change it all, even though he;s given us the best first team in 5 years?

If nothing is done by the time the window closes then fair enough. Just wait another two weeks if that's possible.

I agree, give them 2 weeks to solve this shite we are in then if not make the rest of the season very uncomfortable for them.

Protest won't force Ashley take a loss sale.  Relegation can.

Am i reading this right? You want to risk the future of the club just to force out the man who could change it all, even though he;s given us the best first team in 5 years?

Yet we're in our worst position as a club since gaining promotion in 1993.

Guest Chubby Jason

If we got Ashley to put the club back on the market I'd be happy tbh

It's still on the market, just no one wants to pay the ridiculous price the fat man has set.

Guest neesy111

And what would that achieve??? No one wants to buy the club in this economic climate.  

no one wanted to buy at ashley's selling price, big difference

And what would that achieve??? No one wants to buy the club in this economic climate.  

no one wanted to buy at ashley's selling price, big difference

He aint gonna reduce the price he is after for the club and there is nothing that we as fans can do about it. He has took the club off the market because he cant get the price he is after and all the protesting in the world wont make a difference. True fans support the club and give the players the backing they need. Confidence is at a all time low and mass protests against the board isnt going to have a positive effect. After all protesting makes the the club look like a laughing stock.

Only thing I'd protest about is giving Joe a long term contract. I'm not arsed about him being here until the end of the season (although I hate it) but when we give him a big deal based on fuck all, thats when I get pissed off.

Any other protests now would really make our relegation battle all the more difficult..

I don't have any confidence in Kinnear, but you are probably right because I don't have much confidence in our ability to attract a suitable replacement either.

What we need are two or three good signings to lift the team.  Not 17 year olds, not flair players.  Good players with experience at bad clubs and with the right sort of attitude in these sort of situations.  Go out and find some leaders.

just like the experienced players we have like butt and owen who are holding the team back

Believe it or not, there are better experienced players in the world than Nicky Butt. 

What I'm saying is that we don't need to be dropping foreign loan signings in at the deep end of a relegation battle.  I'd rather sign players who know what they are in for and know what it takes to battle for an equalizer on a freezing away day or hold on to a 1-0 lead in the last 10 minutes of a scrappy home game. 

It might force a reaction IE let's buy MBIA

How do we know that this Mbia is any good?? Its obvious that they havent got a clue who they want to buy. Its embarrasing but I will support the club no matter who is manager, chairman, director of football or owner. I will still be going to SJP when Ashley and his cronies are long gone.

I don't have any confidence in Kinnear, but you are probably right because I don't have much confidence in our ability to attract a suitable replacement either.

What we need are two or three good signings to lift the team.  Not 17 year olds, not flair players.  Good players with experience at bad clubs and with the right sort of attitude in these sort of situations.  Go out and find some leaders.

just like the experienced players we have like butt and owen who are holding the team back

Believe it or not, there are better experienced players in the world than Nicky Butt. 

What I'm saying is that we don't need to be dropping foreign loan signings in at the deep end of a relegation battle.  I'd rather sign players who know what they are in for and know what it takes to battle for an equalizer on a freezing away day or hold on to a 1-0 lead in the last 10 minutes of a scrappy home game. 

Who do you have in mind?

I'm actually sitting in the train station waiting to come home from the

Match and quite simply I'm embarrassd, yes it was more then terrible today but chanting for Keegan, shearer, ashley out, were shit and sick of it etc etc is quite simply pathetic, so many of our fans here today are fuckng kids without a clue.  I agree it's awefull but it's doing no good singing about how shit we are, Blackburn fans are standing laughing at us, not the team US. !!!!

Match and quite simply I'm embarrassd, yes it was more then terrible today but chanting for Keegan, shearer, ashley out, were shit and sick of it etc etc is quite simply pathetic, so many of our fans here today are fuckng kids without a clue.  I agree it's awefull but it's doing no good singing about how shit we are, Blackburn fans are standing laughing at us, not the team US. !!!!

You can't say that, it's apparently a good thing that the away fans were chanting for Keegan.

How come your post doesnt have that little logo that says your posting from a mobile device ?

How come your post doesnt have that little logo that says your posting from a mobile device ?

Probably on a Touch/iPhone.

I don't know. I think it's perfectly understandable why some people who are making a round trip of 250 miles in a day, like yourself, at considerable expense would want to express in a very vocal and public manner the full extent of their misery and displeasure at the way things are going. And whilst the Rovers fans will doubtless be have a great time laughing at Newcastle fans chanting on about Keegan and Shearer and Ashley Out and how sick they are of us being shit etc...that's only because they've been having a shockingly bad season themselves up until now...and a bit of schadenfreude always goes down well when things are as shite as they have been for them and are for us at the moment.

Match and quite simply I'm embarrassd, yes it was more then terrible today but chanting for Keegan, shearer, ashley out, were s*** and sick of it etc etc is quite simply pathetic, so many of our fans here today are fuckng kids without a clue.  I agree it's awefull but it's doing no good singing about how s*** we are, Blackburn fans are standing laughing at us, not the team US. !!!!

They have every right to react angrily.

Lying down and accepting this kind of dross is rank idiocy.

Match and quite simply I'm embarrassd, yes it was more then terrible today but chanting for Keegan, shearer, ashley out, were s*** and sick of it etc etc is quite simply pathetic, so many of our fans here today are fuckng kids without a clue.  I agree it's awefull but it's doing no good singing about how s*** we are, Blackburn fans are standing laughing at us, not the team US. !!!!

Any other team in the world dont stand for it.

Do Chelsea?  Liverpool?  Barcelona?  Roma?  When they perform under par, they want blood.  No set of supporters should just get on with it, especially with complete inept management of our side on and off the pitch.

What do you propose? Boycott? Protest? Sit in? Sit out? Stand up? Stand down? Making waves at this very fragile time could do more damage than good.