The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Bottled Dog

exactly right. KK is suing the club, not Ashley and if he wins, it is going to be ultimately the club that suffers because Ashley will sell a player or two to pay if off in January.

KK is not stupid, He will know this and consequently, his beloved NUFC will suffer.

Personally, I think he will lose his case and the club may be reprieved from losing further players.

If players are sold in January, they will be sold regardless of the result of this case.

If Keegan wins and takes any money it will of course be used as an excuse.

I hope Keegan wins his case. For me its not against the club,.. but Ashleys regime.

we need regime change.

btw.

Keegan,.. won 55% of his games, best in our history.

I hope Keegan gets f*** all.

And I fail to understand anyone who wants him to take one single penny off the Club / Ashley.

Do folk really think that Ashley will foot the bill? Or will it be likely that any payout to Keegan will end any further loan players coming in or players being almost thrown out the door at any old price to cover the cost come the next transfer window?

f*** off Keegan. I hope you get what you deserve. Nowt.

Spot on, anyone who wants Keegan to win is not a fan of the club, but is an idiot Keegan supporter.

Typical pro ashley sympathiser and KK hater!

In WWII you would have been sniffing hitlers crotch.

Its not about wanting KK to win, its about getting to the truth.

You are so full of fuking s*** its unreal.

I'm wanting what's best for the club, and that is KK losing this court case. Truth comes second. KK 3rd.

I know all of that is the opposite way round for you and what matters is KK walking away with so much money it could destroy us getting back in to the prem after the gutless c*** walked out on us leading to our relegation, but there you go, not all of us live up KK's arse crack licking his insides out.

Have you been sniffing them cheap marker pens from Aldi again.

So you dont want to know WHY this whole sorry arsed saga started and the reason why we are in the championsip.  :dowie:

Bottled Dog

exactly right. KK is suing the club, not Ashley and if he wins, it is going to be ultimately the club that suffers because Ashley will sell a player or two to pay if off in January.

KK is not stupid, He will know this and consequently, his beloved NUFC will suffer.

Personally, I think he will lose his case and the club may be reprieved from losing further players.

If players are sold in January, they will be sold regardless of the result of this case.

you don't thin k the club losing a further 10mill will affect comings and goings ?

Spot on, anyone who wants Keegan to win is not a fan of the club, but is an idiot Keegan supporter.

Maybe people are scared that if Ashley wins, he might suddenly get a sudden surge of confidence and decide he is loved again and do a u-turn and decide not to sell.

Thats an absolutely horrific thought so to avoid him even getting close to that kind of mentality, it would be important for KK to win any case.

nobody is thinking that. certain people on here just want keegan to win so they can score a point. its really that simple.

Weak and lame, and expected from you.

You fully deserveone of these

:facepalm:.

i could use the same argument for you, silly sod.  :dowie:

nobody is thinking that. certain people on here just want Ashley to win so they can score a points. its really that simple

i'd call you a WUM but i think you're just THAT stupid and you actually believe this s*** you're spouting.

Eh?

You just made the most retarded comment EVER, i chaged it to ashley and pointed it right back at you.

What a clem.  :facepalm:

Guest The Libertine

Maybe people are scared that if Ashley wins, he might suddenly get a sudden surge of confidence and decide he is loved again and do a u-turn and decide not to sell.

Thats an absolutely horrific thought so to avoid him even getting close to that kind of mentality, it would be important for KK to win any case.

nobody is thinking that. certain people on here just want keegan to win so they can score a point. its really that simple.

I am not sure. I think people just have 100% confidence that KK will be proven to be the injured party.

which is a very, very naive viewpoint because we know next to nothing about the situation.

Like I said its a win either way as the club would never see the money in the first place.

FFS It's already the clubs money man! If he wins you will see a big minus in the accounts next year that will have to be recoved somehow.

How many more overpriced pints are you willing to down?

Like I said its a win either way as the club would never see the money in the first place.

FFS It's already the clubs money man! If he wins you will see a big minus in the accounts next year that will have to be recoved somehow.

How many more overpriced pints are you willing to down?

I dont buy pints at the match.

I am not sure. I think people just have 100% confidence that KK will be proven to be the injured party.

which is a very, very naive viewpoint because we know next to nothing about the situation.

No but as Gimp says, Ashley's actions and decisions following on from last September simply havent help support his side of the fight.

Guest The Libertine

nobody is thinking that. certain people on here just want Ashley to win so they can score a points. its really that simple

i'd call you a WUM but i think you're just THAT stupid and you actually believe this s*** you're spouting.

Eh?

You just made the most retarded comment EVER, i chaged it to ashley and pointed it right back at you.

people want THE FINANCIALLY CRIPPLED CLUB to win because we'll save (potentially) up to £10 million.

so like i said, you're actually THAT stupid.

because it's KK. if the roles were reversed and wise were the manager and KK the DoF many would still back keegan due to personalities.

Well yeah. Goes back again to people's gut instinct and who they trust to be the more committed to doing the best for NUFC. If you are able to look at KK in exactly the same way as Wise, Ashley etc then power to you. Personally I cant. I dont apologise for that to be honest - and yes I appreciate I may be following my heart more than my head.

Guest The Libertine

No but as Gimp says, Ashley's actions and decisions following on from last September simply havent help support his side of the fight.

and keegan has a much longer history of kicking up a fuss then fucking off.

Eh?

people want THE FINANCIALLY CRIPPLED CLUB to win because we'll save (potentially) up to £10 million.

KK must win for the sake of the club, you that stupid man?

Guest The Libertine

Eh?

KK must win for the sake of the club, you that stupid man?

so you are a WUM then.

Bottled Dog

How in the hell would "We have 10million pounds less money in the clubs coffers so we have £10 million less to spend on players/wages/etc be an excuse?

Would that not be....ummmmm...... a fact?  ???

I don't, I think he'll lose. Even though I think he was morally in the right to leave according to the situation as I understand it (and face it, we're not going to get any more clarity on events than we already have), I think like quayside said he may well lose because of the contract he signed which will be close to the "it is a fact" statement.

Guest Slippery Sam

It's sad that Keegan might take £9m out of our financially hit club. The club we love. And the club Keegan supposedly loves. I'm sure, after all, that those slagging Keegan are doing their utmost to help our financially hit club e.g. by buying season tickets and merchandise.

This is really not a case about taking sides. The entire future of the club may well be based on the outcome of this hearing. I would hazard a guess that the outcome of a sale of the club is largely based around whether the club has to pay Keegan 10 million or not.

A couple of points could also be discussed:

We are given to understand that Ashley is not going to put any further funding into the club. If he loses, who pays Keegan and where does the money come from? We are still largely way over the mark on salaries and with little opportunity to get rid of unwanted players, the only possibility is to sell wanted players. If Keegan wins, expect Taylor and Enrique to be sold by the end of January.

Also, by my recollection, Keegan has walked out on this club at least THREE times. Whatever reasons given, such as player purchases, stock market flotations, director of football interference, it seems to me that if he doesnt get his own way, the club has to suffer and ultimately, the fans.

In my opinion, for those fans who have given and still give this so called lover of NUFC 100% support, you really should be largely let down by him and what actions he has taken for his own vbenefit. Yes, I hope he loses because he just does not deserve to win. Simple as that. And before anyone accuses me of being an Ashley supporter, I would be more than happy to see the back of him too.

I don't, I think he'll lose. Even though I think he was morally in the right to leave according to the situation as I understand it (and face it, we're not going to get any more clarity on events than we already have), I think like quayside said he may well lose because of the contract he signed which will be close to the "it is a fact" statement.

You could very well be right UV.

I think your also absolutely bang on with your comment that we will never actually find out so this argument is going to go on indefinitely.

Still. Helps while away the hours.

Bottled Dog

I went to first match in 1971 with my dad.

i started going with my mates in 82, when keegan signed,.. its pretty much been my main interest in life ever since.

ive travel to many parts of the country in both divisions, i love the club.

Would I take 10 million quid off it if I deserved it.

fucking right i would.

can you honestly say you wouldnt. 

CP

Do you really think he deserves 10 million quid? Look at the big picture.

If

ok 10 mill is pushing it a bit.

3 million sounds more reasonable,.. but isnt that the way these things work,. claim high, and settle for something less?

plus we dont know what the club are claimimg back.