The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Some people sit on very high horses. Blind following the club isn't any better than having apparently his head stuck up a Messiah's arse.

Some people do as if the club can do no wrong and should get exculpated just for the greater good.

If the arbitration panel finds that Keegan is entitled to the money then he had every reason to sue the club (represented by its owner). Because if the club is going to get found guility of constructive dismissal then he it gets found guilty in shockingly mistreating its most important employee. In that case of gross misconduct I think this person is even more entitled to his compensation than a manager who gets the boot for his (arguably) poor performances.

And that has nothing to do with failing in the "love for the club". In the same way I think every fan who gets mistreated by the club has the right to seek legal actions and fight for his rights. Be it "Save our Seats" or - for example - because of an hypothetical accident and the club's liability for premises.

That's fair enough but on the flip side if Keegan doesn't get everything he's looking for, or if the panel finds in favour of Ashley then those on the other side of the fence will also have to get off their "high horse" and accept that Keegan shares some of the blame in this case. Let's see what happens.

Unless further evidence comes to light, a legal verdict on who should get compensation one way or the other isn't going to change my view on matters one bit, and I wouldn't expect any Keegan haters to change their minds either.

so if all the evidence (including all the stuff the cant say in public) proves keegan is in the wrong, you'll still say he's in the right?

how fucking childish  :lol:

And vice versa?

whoever "wins" is the person who is legally entitled to "win". the people deciding this know far more than we probably ever will so im with them.

If all the evidence (including all the stuff they can't say in public) proves Keegan is in the right, will you still say he's in the wrong?

Guest The Libertine

Some people sit on very high horses. Blind following the club isn't any better than having apparently his head stuck up a Messiah's arse.

Some people do as if the club can do no wrong and should get exculpated just for the greater good.

If the arbitration panel finds that Keegan is entitled to the money then he had every reason to sue the club (represented by its owner). Because if the club is going to get found guility of constructive dismissal then he it gets found guilty in shockingly mistreating its most important employee. In that case of gross misconduct I think this person is even more entitled to his compensation than a manager who gets the boot for his (arguably) poor performances.

And that has nothing to do with failing in the "love for the club". In the same way I think every fan who gets mistreated by the club has the right to seek legal actions and fight for his rights. Be it "Save our Seats" or - for example - because of an hypothetical accident and the club's liability for premises.

That's fair enough but on the flip side if Keegan doesn't get everything he's looking for, or if the panel finds in favour of Ashley then those on the other side of the fence will also have to get off their "high horse" and accept that Keegan shares some of the blame in this case. Let's see what happens.

Unless further evidence comes to light, a legal verdict on who should get compensation one way or the other isn't going to change my view on matters one bit, and I wouldn't expect any Keegan haters to change their minds either.

so if all the evidence (including all the stuff the cant say in public) proves keegan is in the wrong, you'll still say he's in the right?

how fucking childish  :lol:

And vice versa?

whoever "wins" is the person who is legally entitled to "win". the people deciding this know far more than we probably ever will so im with them.

If all the evidence (including all the stuff they cant say in public) proves keegan is in the right, will you still say he's in the wrong?

obviously not. my whole gripe with keegan is to do with why and when he quit. if the verdict sheds some light (official light, not newspaper gossip) on that then i'll be satisfied.

i dont hate keegan, i just want him to lose because it'll cost us a shit load of money.

obviously not. my whole gripe with keegan is to do with why and when he quit. if the verdict sheds some light (official light, not newspaper gossip) on that then i'll be satisfied.

i dont hate keegan, i just want him to lose because it'll cost us a shit load of money.

What about what Mike Ashley has cost us ? i.e. Premiership status.

the court case decides whether keegan is technically right to sue for constructive dismissal. no more, no less. people thinking this is going to deliver 'the truth' are a/ going to be disappointed as there's no such 'truth' only a collection of biased evidence from either party that will never fully come to light. too many people are conflating a specific legal judgement with the entire reality of what went on.

and b/ they are missing the point, which is a pragmatic one - keegan couldve pissed in Wise's tea but Ashley still shouldve backed him. it was never about finding out who was legally in the right but working out who would be best for the club. since he left we've gone down so we have that answer now (as if it was ever in question). ashley backed the wrong horse, with disasterous results.

anyway with the club releasing all these bizarre leaks it looks like they're back on with the mud-slinging campaign and trying to save face ahead of a negative result. personally i'd prefer us to not pay out but if we do the fault lies not with the person who makes the claim but the people who acted unprofessionally in the first place.

Guest The Libertine

i cant turn back the clock and hope we stay up but i can hope keegan gets no money from us.

the court case decides whether keegan is technically right to sue for constructive dismissal. no more, no less. people thinking this is going to deliver 'the truth' are a/ going to be disappointed as there's no such 'truth' only a collection of biased evidence from either party that will never fully come to light. too many people are conflating a specific legal judgement with the entire reality of what went on.

and b/ they are missing the point, which is a pragmatic one - keegan couldve pissed in Wise's tea but Ashley still shouldve backed him. it was never about finding out who was legally in the right but working out who would be best for the club. since he left we've gone down so we have that answer now (as if it was ever in question). ashley backed the wrong horse, with disasterous results.

anyway with the club releasing all these bizarre leaks it looks like they're back on with the mud-slinging campaign and trying to save face ahead of a negative result. personally i'd prefer us to not pay out but if we do the fault lies not with the person who makes the claim but the people who acted unprofessionally in the first place.

Well, KK's camp have been doing the  exact same thing.

Whoever wins, we lose.

http://politikana.com/images/medium/872-avp-poster.jpg

That's just what I don't get though. How do we lose if the club wins, whether that means we can still keep hold of some of the high earners like Taylor/Enrique for longer, or another obstacle to the clubs sale is removed, and the next lot has more money to play around with?

i cant turn back the clock and hope we stay up but i can hope keegan gets no money from us.

So basically you dont blame him for it then.

Staggering.

i dont hate keegan, i just want him to lose because it'll cost us a s*** load of money.

Staggering.

:laugh2:

Guest The Libertine

Staggering.

ffs. will the keegan bummers ever act their age?

i dont hate keegan, i just want him to lose because it'll cost us a s*** load of money.

Staggering.

Thats rich coming from you Fagertine.

Guest icemanblue

Staggering.

:lol:

Wowzer.

Guest The Libertine

Staggering.

homophobic abuse is also quite childish.

Staggering.

Your horse is so high you could conqure the Trojans.

Guest The Libertine

Staggering.

Your horse is so high you could conqure the Trojans.

ok?

Staggering.

I am just trying to see if you will ever be adult and honest enough to admit that you are a strong supporter of Mike Ashley.

Nothing childish in that.

Staggering.

I am just trying to see if you will ever be adult and honest enough to admit that you are a strong supporter of Mike Ashley.

Nothing childish in that.

He'll never admit it, his hatred for KK has blinded him.

Guest toonlass

I hope Keegan wins the case and screws Ashley for the full amount - he's entitled to it. 

None of the money would have been spent on players, in case no ones noticed ,we are are selling club, we dont buy players anymore.   

Even if Mike Ashley puts the club into administration because of it, as has been suggested in the .com article and we lose 10 points because of it?