At present has Mike Ashley got your backing?

dcmk
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

By the way NE5, I voted no. Remember that in 5 years time when you claim I backed him like everyone else but you :)

Good for you.

Speaking of 5 years, Mike Ashley is 2 years into his "plan", which automatically brings success, far better than simply trying to buy good players as they become available, and so keep the ones you alread have happy and try to build on them.  So be patient.

By the way NE5, I voted no. Remember that in 5 years time when you claim I backed him like everyone else but you :)

no to what ?

Speaking of 5 years, Mike Ashley is 2 years into his "plan", which automatically brings success, far better than simply trying to buy good players as they become available, and so keep the ones you alread have happy and try to build on them.  So be patient.

No to the thread question? Keep up fella ;)

He has lost my support. He can regain it though.  He needs to admit his mistakes, get rid of Joe Kinnear and at very least reinvest the money we have made from the Milner, Given and N'Zogbia sales. Keep the scouting network, bringing in young talent is not that bad a plan, and reduce the wage bill by getting rid of players like Geremi, Butt, Viduka & Duff. As much as a good player I think Owen is I think he must go in the summer, his wages are massive and his injury record is shocking, its no good relying on a player that misses so much of the season.

no to what ?

yep, I changed it, but you didn't reply to the rest.

Keep up lad  ;D

He has lost my support. He can regain it though.  He needs to admit his mistakes, get rid of Joe Kinnear and at very least reinvest the money we have made from the Milner, Given and N'Zogbia sales. Keep the scouting network, bringing in young talent is not that bad a plan, and reduce the wage bill by getting rid of players like Geremi, Butt, Viduka & Duff. As much as a good player I think Owen is I think he must go in the summer, his wages are massive and his injury record is shocking, its no good relying on a player that misses so much of the season.

You'll have to keep dreaming, I'm afraid.

no to what ?

Keep up lad  ;D

:D

EDIT: Why are you talking to me about having patience with Ashley, when I've clearly just said I'm not backing him? ;)

You'll have to keep dreaming, I'm afraid.

Theres not much else I can do. I know its a fanciful idea, but if he did those things he could turn it around though I am not too hopeful on that..

:clap:

Guest Howaythetoon

so what we need to do is get behind the team. That's what football supporters are supposed to do.

Why do people persist in saying this, that's all we ever do regardless of the situation, that's all we have done and no doubt will always do. Its a pointless thing to say because it goes without saying surely.

so what we need to do is get behind the team. That's what football supporters are supposed to do.

Why do people persist in saying this, that's all we ever do regardless of the situation, that's all we have done and no doubt will always do. Its a pointless thing to say because it goes without saying surely.

I wish it did, but sadly not the case. You only have to sit next to some of the whinging tits at SJP to see that a lot of people are there to complain more than they are support.

Guest Darth Toon

I agree with that like - if anything the support the team has had has been absolutely fucking remarkable given the shit we've been forced to endure.

So why have you started a thread with 'Are we going to stand for this'?

So why have you started a thread with 'Are we going to stand for this'?

He'll cheer the players, but he needs a message board to vent his anger on.

no to what ?

Keep up lad  ;D

EDIT: Why are you talking to me about having patience with Ashley, when I've clearly just said I'm not backing him? ;)

why are you harping on to me when you have finally realised that he's taking the club nowhere ?

no to what ?

Keep up lad  ;D

why are you harping on to me when you have finally realised that he's taking the club nowhere ?

I was answering your question.

He's carried on taking the club where Fred was taking it. Congrats to you.

Guest Howaythetoon

I wish it did, but sadly not the case. You only have to sit next to some of the whinging tits at SJP to see that a lot of people are there to complain more than they are support.

You'll get that regardless of how well we are doing or whatever position the club is in, by and large however fans turn up and support the team without fail time and time again and Newcastle United itself has had some magnificent support of late, none more so than at home to Liverpool where every one of their 5 goals was greeted by a show of support for our players and our club.

Newcastle fans can do no more than what they are already doing, indeed there are good arguments to be had that the club and team doesn't deserve the level of support we dish out, although that's something I don't subscribe to and never will.

This has been our worst season in the Premier League with some shambolic happenings even by our standards yet if there is one thing that can be guaranteed it is the support of fans both in numbers and voice without fail home and away. 6,000 plus at Ewood Park, 47K at home on average. That is staggering support period.

Ashley gets no more backing from me.

I want him out as soon as possible, and if god forbid we do go down then the only pleasure I will have is seeing that fat sweaty twat loosing more millions.

This today is the lowest i've felt since I started supporting the club 30 years ago!  No hope or light at the end of the tunnel i'm afraid, and there's only one person to blame for it.

Lets hope we stay up, and he sells in the summer and we get somebody with proper ambition and a true vision for the club instead of somebody that couldn't give a shit.

GRADE A CUNT!

no to what ?

Keep up lad  ;D

He's carried on taking the club where Fred was taking it.

I don't think so. I don't think the Halls and Shepherd would have created a club where our best players all wanted out - 2 of them gone - and did absolutely jack shit to halt a relegation slide like that which we are in.

However, you can carry on ignoring what people other than yourself have seen in the past, and so can see the blindingly obvious - well the ones without their heads up their arse anyway.

no to what ?

Keep up lad  ;D

I don't think so. I don't think the Halls and Shepherd would have created a club where our best players all wanted out - 2 of them gone - and did absolutely jack s*** to halt a relegation slide like that which we are in.

However, you can carry on ignoring what people other than yourself have seen in the past, and so can see the blindingly obvious - well the ones without their heads up their arse anyway.

Well all Leeds players wanted out.  The Ridsdale era at it's finest had CL football, players happy, supporters happy, backing their manager and spending.

Then BOOM! 

no to what ?

Keep up lad  ;D

I don't think so. I don't think the Halls and Shepherd would have created a club where our best players all wanted out - 2 of them gone - and did absolutely jack s*** to halt a relegation slide like that which we are in.

Well all Leeds players wanted out.  The Ridsdale era at it's finest had CL football, players happy, supporters happy, backing their manager and spending.

Then BOOM! 

do you think that Leeds supporters would swap their european games for the last 10 years of a club like, say, Bolton ?

I can tell you with absolute certainty that they all loved that time, which goes without saying, just like we did too. You wouldn't swap that for semi-permanent relegation fights would you ? If you do, then stand by, because if we stay up next season will be just like this, and the next, and the next.

Success is what football is all about mate, its not about balancing books and being afraid of ambition, its about aiming for success and taking the knocks as well.

And - if anybody is taking us down like Leeds and sheffield Wednesday, its Mike Ashley.

no to what ?

Keep up lad  ;D

Then BOOM! 

do you think that Leeds supporters would swap their european games for the last 10 years of a club like, say, Bolton ?

I can tell you with absolute certainty that they all loved that time, which goes without saying, just like we did too. You wouldn't swap that for semi-permanent relegation fights would you ? If you do, then stand by, because if we stay up next season will be just like this, and the next, and the next.

Success is what football is all about mate, its not about balancing books and being afraid of ambition, its about aiming for success and taking the knocks as well.

And - if anybody is taking us down like Leeds and sheffield Wednesday, its Mike Ashley.

No one has heard of them since, we have had those times - and we are grateful but it was always going to end bad with Shepherd.  Newcastle could of been the new Leeds, we were gambling of getting into Europe each year. 

Ask a Leeds fan if they would want Ridsdale back.  Now what is your argument? that Shepherd is better than Ashley?

Well under Ashley we have our club.  If the club got relegated we will still be able to survive. 

Shepherd like it or not was not going to get us back up there.  He had expended all possible resources.

Why are we still being referred to as a 'minority' when over 50% of the people here are against Ashley?

I think the 10% or so supporting Ashley would roughly correspond to those with IQs under 80, and the 35% stupid enough to reserve judgement until February safely fill out 'below average intelligence but still functional' bracket.

Just goes to prove the old adage. You can't fool all of the people all of the time, but you can fool all the stupid ones most of the time. Ashley's been running Sportsdirect on that adage for years, so he should know.

I hate to say 'I told you so', but I told you so.

To those of you who feel the need to 're-assess' every time Ashley comes out with another empty promise, please be aware you are stupid, and he's taking you for a ride. There is overwhelming evidence that he paid far too much for the club, and is now determined to get his money back regardless of the impact to the club in the meantime.

Please do not embarrass yourselves any further by falling over yourselves to give him a chance when he makes an announcement in two months time that he recognises the squad needs improving, and will be acting in the summer.

Its all lies. Freddy & co. ripped him off and he'll burn this club to the ground if thats what it takes to get his money back.

no to what ?

Keep up lad  ;D

Then BOOM! 

No one has heard of them since, we have had those times - and we are grateful but it was always going to end bad with Shepherd.  Newcastle could of been the new Leeds, we were gambling of getting into Europe each year. 

Ask a Leeds fan if they would want Ridsdale back.  Now what is your argument? that Shepherd is better than Ashley?

Well under Ashley we have our club.  If the club got relegated we will still be able to survive. 

Shepherd like it or not was not going to get us back up there.  He had expended all possible resources.

No point cherry picking Leeds, for being the only side to collapse to such a degree in about 40 year .... still, whatever suits you. Point is that football is about success, if you don't attempt it - being one of the biggest clubs in the country with the 2nd biggest gate until the Emirates opened - you may as well give up.

Which appears to be what a lot of people appear to have done. Give up. I don't know why, maybe to try and demean or discredit the only board we had in 50 years that had ambition in keeping with what we ought to have.

Ashley is pointing us towards relegation, and administration by the way. Under him, we will never match the Halls and Shepherd's league positions and european qualifications.