Newcastle United Finances - 2008 Accounts Recently Filed

quayside

Guest fading star

Look fading star, you have taken a beating off someone who knows what they are talking about. You might as well just say "aye I was wrong" and let it go, rather than continue to make a tit of yourself.

I couldn’t give a s*** if LLLO was the head of the IMF. This isn’t a question of debit and credit columns, it’s a question of strategy.

Unbeleivable. So you're saying he should of left the 3rd party debt alone, and then invested £100m into the first team?

No. I’m saying restructuring the debt was the absolute minimum requirement, and that Ashley has milked the ‘I saved the club thing’ to death.

Look fading star, you have taken a beating off someone who knows what they are talking about. You might as well just say "aye I was wrong" and let it go, rather than continue to make a tit of yourself.

I couldn’t give a s*** if LLLO was the head of the IMF. This isn’t a question of debit and credit columns, it’s a question of strategy.

Unbeleivable. So you're saying he should of left the 3rd party debt alone, and then invested £100m into the first team?

No. I’m saying restructuring the debt was the absolute minimum requirement, and that Ashley has milked the ‘I saved the club thing’ to death.

He never fucking says anything.   mackems.gif

Guest toonlass

:spit:

Restructuring the debt was a massive requirement, seeing that it was compulsary if John Hall sold the club. Jeez are you really this thick, or just pretending? If you want to go and support a club that just throws money around then go and buy a Chelsea or Man Citeh shirt. I am not a big Mike Ashley fan, but the club was going to the wall. If you want to keep deluding yourself then go ahead, but you are making a tit of yourself in the process on here.

I couldnt give a s*** if LLLO was the head of the IMF. This isnt a question of debit and credit columns, its a question of strategy.

No. Im saying restructuring the debt was the absolute minimum requirement, and that Ashley has milked the I saved the club thing to death.

So on top of the £100m he's pumped into the club - how much should he provide in terms of transfer funds, hypothetically spekaing of course? (Assuming of course that he does have £600m just sitting in his bank account)

Guest fading star

He never f***ing says anything.   mackems.gif

No, but his henchmen never stop mentioning it.

I couldn?t give a s*** if LLLO was the head of the IMF. This isn?t a question of debit and credit columns, it?s a question of strategy.

No. I?m saying restructuring the debt was the absolute minimum requirement, and that Ashley has milked the ?I saved the club thing? to death.

Wise and Llambias never say anything either.

So on top of the £100m he's pumped into the club - how much should he provide in terms of transfer funds, hypothetically spekaing of course? (Assuming of course that he does have £600m just sitting in his bank account)

According to the accounts he loaned the club £100 million then added another £10 million.

Guest fading star

We didn’t ask him to buy the club. If he won’t put in the investment levels needed to turn things around then he might as well fuck off. Any business can borrow some more money and slash it’s wage bill, the problem is they tend to go out of business very quickly.

According to the accounts he loaned the club £100 million then added another £10 million.

So on top of the £110m he's pumped into the club - how much should he provide in terms of transfer funds, hypothetically spekaing of course? (Assuming of course that he does have £600m just sitting in his bank account)

:pow:

Guest fading star

I couldn?t give a s*** if LLLO was the head of the IMF. This isn?t a question of debit and credit columns, it?s a question of strategy.

No. I?m saying restructuring the debt was the absolute minimum requirement, and that Ashley has milked the ?I saved the club thing? to death.

Your point being?

We didnt ask him to buy the club. If he wont put in the investment levels needed to turn things around then he might as well f*** off. Any business can borrow some more money and slash its wage bill, the problem is they tend to go out of business very quickly.

A couple of things, firstly we all want more investment on new players but the reality is that we're not in a position to throw money around.

Where do you think we would be now if the club hadn't changed hands when it did?  Just remember the state of our financial situation and the economic climate.

So on top of the £110m he's pumped into the club - how much should he provide in terms of transfer funds, hypothetically spekaing of course? (Assuming of course that he does have £600m just sitting in his bank account)

If he's worth the reported £800 million and £240 million is tied to the club and he's also got a substantial financial interest in SD then I think his actual liquid assets are going to be relatively small.

We didnt ask him to buy the club. If he wont put in the investment levels needed to turn things around then he might as well f*** off. Any business can borrow some more money and slash its wage bill, the problem is they tend to go out of business very quickly.

This is like Snakes and Ladders, he hasn't got the money he had when he bought the club.

If he's worth the reported £800 million and £240 million is tied to the club and he's also got a substantial financial interest in SD then I think his actual liquid assets are going to be relatively small.

Oh I know that, but fading star doesnt, I was just asking how he'd of done things, assuming as he does that theres £600m sitting in his bank account.

Your point being?

:lol:

Read the quote pyramid.

We didn’t ask him to buy the club. If he won’t put in the investment levels needed to turn things around then he might as well fuck off. Any business can borrow some more money and slash it’s wage bill, the problem is they tend to go out of business very quickly.

Unless they're football clubs, apparently; the banks won't foreclose on them because of "brand loyalty".

Thats not what i asked.

How would you of run the club in the exact same situation?

Guest fading star

Keep your hair on

As I’ve already said….  £25-30m this summer would have done the trick. The squad Keegan inherited contained some quality but lacked balance and confidence, but by the end of the season were playing good football and winning games. If Kev had been allowed to bring in a left back and central midfielder of his choice the squad would have been a lot stronger, and he would have probably accepted the arrival of Xisco and not fallen out with the cockney mafia. 

For £25m Ashley could have had stability, unity and a squad capable of finishing comfortably in the top half. The extra money from a higher league placing could be worth £3-4m, the longer runs in the cup another £3-4m, sneaking a UEFA cup place another £2-3m, the better attendances next season £5-10m.

It might not have worked out exactly like that but it’s wrong to say spending nowt and hoping for the best is the only way to respond to NUFC’s financial problem.

An extra £10m-15m extra for Fat Sam to spend might have been the best option. He’s got a proven record of doing a good job on a shoestring, perhaps an extra £10m would have got him Curtis David instead of Rosenthal for example. As it was Ashley decided to spend £5m sacking him.

Guest fading star

Your point being?

:lol:

Read the quote pyramid.

And Mort, Joe and Harris?

Guest fading star

We didn’t ask him to buy the club. If he won’t put in the investment levels needed to turn things around then he might as well f*** off. Any business can borrow some more money and slash it’s wage bill, the problem is they tend to go out of business very quickly.

Unless they're football clubs, apparently; the banks won't foreclose on them because of "brand loyalty".

That’s right. You might be a bit stupid but you get there eventually.

We didn’t ask him to buy the club. If he won’t put in the investment levels needed to turn things around then he might as well f*** off. Any business can borrow some more money and slash it’s wage bill, the problem is they tend to go out of business very quickly.

That’s right. You might be a bit stupid but you get there eventually.

:hunter:

And Mort, Joe and Harris?

Mort left the club 8 months ago and hasn't really commented since then, the other two have mentioned it a couple of times, that's hardly "never stop mentioning it."