Assess Our Squad - Transfer Window Over

kane2005

Would be 'spot on' if it wasn't a completely made up load of horse shit.

FFS, some of the criticism on here is going way too far at the moment, I know people are annoyed but it's beyond a joke.

We're inviting bids for players on the most wages/most sell on value, whilst getting in cheap replacements and offering new contracts to dross.

What do you expect us to think - that we're making a final push for the title?

You're blind if you can't see an obvious pattern emerging.

FFS, some of the criticism on here is going way too far at the moment, I know people are annoyed but it's beyond a joke.

We're inviting bids for players on the most wages/most sell on value, whilst getting in cheap replacements and offering new contracts to dross.

Your general point isn't a bad one, but you've just done what everyone has been doing recently and taken it too far, listing 'Ashley's plan' that you have no idea of and saying we're planning to offload players where there's no evidence whatsoever.

The squad is only as strong as its weakest player and we are relying on a bench full of kids due to injuries which is not good enough. I think the rest of our season depends on our injured player to provide some quality into the team. Its a shame that the season is so close this year as normally you will see that players with the clubs down the bottom of the table unite and get some decent results (WBA when they stayed up a few years ago and West Ham a couple of season ago), but its going to be close to call with a lot of teams in the same boat.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Your general point isn't a bad one, but you've just done what everyone has been doing recently and taken it too far, listing 'Ashley's plan' that you have no idea of and saying we're planning to offload players where there's no evidence whatsoever.

S.S.R already answered that one.

without Martins we have not one player capable of causing serious problems in the final third. The midfield has ZERO creativity and the wingers are average on their best day. The defence whilst solid enough is one injury (Bassong) away from total collapse (L'pool)

and, our manager is clearly incapable of getting the best out of these players. Worrying as fuck

Just looking at our squad, I'm trying to assess what our playing style will be for the remainder of the season? Pass and move seems out as I don't think Butt and Nolan are mobile enough to make that work. Maybe a 4-3-3 with lovenkrands and Oba off Viduka/Smith. Defend deep and launch the ball long and hope one of the nippier forwards get on the end of it.

Guest neesy111

If enrique play's like he did on sunday, could wing back's be the option with ryan taylor in the team now, this would allow no duff in the team and jonas could play in that free role behind the strikers, just a thought?

If enrique play's like he did on sunday, could wing back's be the option with ryan taylor in the team now, this would allow no duff in the team and jonas could play in that free role behind the strikers, just a thought?

I dont trust really Kinnear's ability to organise players into a formation most will be unfamiliar with tbh

but might be worth a try anyway, cant get much worse