Harper for England? ... in the future maybe

nobby_solano

I see him getting a chance possibly but for 2 reasons:

1) He'd have to have played a long run of games with solid performances - plus nufc would have to be winning more games i'm sure.

2) It'd depend on the current england keepers and their forum or injury situation

Good luck to him.

I think he'll play for England. James is knocking on 40 (and has had a poor season compared to his last few), Carson is abysmal, Kirkland's not much better, Joe Hart is out on his ear at City and Capello doesn't seem to fancy Green. I don't think Harper's a poorer keeper than any of them regardless (other than probably James when he's on form and not making ricks).

He's 34 next month, how many players make international debuts after that time?

He could have been England's no.1 by now if Robson had stuck with him in 2000-01

Or if he decided to move on.

Or if Given decided to move on.

You can get odds of 14/1 for Harper to get capped before the end of the year 2010, for me, that's worth three or four quid.

So what you're saying is Shay should have left earlier so Harper could have played for England? ;)

I think he'll play for England. James is knocking on 40 (and has had a poor season compared to his last few), Carson is abysmal, Kirkland's not much better, Joe Hart is out on his ear at City and Capello doesn't seem to fancy Green. I don't think Harper's a poorer keeper than any of them regardless (other than probably James when he's on form and not making ricks).

Agree. He'll get a few games if only for lack of viable alternatives.