Mike Ashley still showing up publicly at Newcastle

TRon

Can only be a positive thing in terms of reassuring players and coaching staff, although action is needed to convince.

Strikes me as he hasn't been able to put enough money into the squad during the window (for whatever reason) and he's doing his utmost to support the staff in gestures like this. He needs to keep it up, and the odd interview to let everyone know his plans or hopes wouldn't go amiss either.

Shame that he couldn't do these things sooner.

if he did it would be spun into it being a publicity stunt.

I'd be more than happy if Ashley came out and outlined his plans for the club. Although he did that in August and we found out that the majority of that was lies.

Does he really need to be at the training ground? He isn't a coach/physio/definitely not a dietician. I can't recall ever seeing other owners knocking about the training ground. Surely he & Llambias  should be looking for opportunities to move the club forward such as meeting with local business leaders etc etc.

For me its just a show to show he is back at the club but he has done that already by going to games.

Does he really need to be at the training ground? He isn't a coach/physio/definitely not a dietician. I can't recall ever seeing other owners knocking about the training ground. Surely he & Llambias  should be looking for opportunities to move the club forward such as meeting with local business leaders etc etc.

For me its just a show to show he is back at the club but he has done that already by going to games.

In a way that is true. But then again, if he admits to not knowing much about how football is run, then what better place to start than down by the training pitch? Plus, as has been mentioned, he's there to show support in the absence of JFK. Nowt wrong with that imo, and if my boss did that, I'd feel a lot better about it.

In a way that is true. But then again, if he admits to not knowing much about how football is run, then what better place to start than down by the training pitch? Plus, as has been mentioned, he's there to show support in the absence of JFK. Nowt wrong with that imo, and if my boss did that, I'd feel a lot better about it.

Can't disagree with that but i can't help thinking its just a good bit of PR from him.

Can't disagree with that but i can't help thinking its just a good bit of PR from him.

But you see, it doesn't matter what his motives are! He's getting himself to the training ground, and if he really is spending 3 days a week down there, it can only be a good thing in that it brings NUFC and the squad closer to him, and he can hopefully witness first hand our dire need for a bigger, better equipped squad. PR stunt or not, it's a good move.

Agreed that its a good that he back at the club in some capacity but he should leave to the football side to the football people as said they want to by Llambias and concentrate on sorting the rest of the clubs problems out. Of course, aside from the JFK being ill, he shouldn't need to do any of this if he & Llambias had acted better following all the previous shit thats happened.