Liverpool v Newcastle 4-3 match to be restaged.

Optimistic Nut

Surely the only point of restaging it would be so we could actually win the fucking title?

Big bag of retrospective, backwards-looking, sentimental "stuck-in-a-moment-you-can't-get-out-of" bollocks.

Would've been better if they re-created each team properly.

Again, if James & Asprilla aren't playing, that would mean Tony Warner and Kitson would play...how's that better than seeing Cole, Shearer & Grobelaar?

James and Asprilla played though. ???

Isn't that his point? Wouldn't be able to get those two to take part, so it should logically be those who were on the bench behind them if it's to be a true re-creation?

I might have got it horribly wrong though :lol:

Ah right gotcha.

Tony Warner won't play either way as he is still a pro.

So where does Paul Bracewell fit into the equation?

Surely there are some people kicking about from 96/97 encounter than some mackem.

Guest firetotheworks

Big bag of retrospective, backwards-looking, sentimental "stuck-in-a-moment-you-can't-get-out-of" bollocks.

For charity...

If it weren't for that I could understand your cynicism.

...and if it wasn't the best game the premier leagues ever seen. It would be a joke if it wasnt for charity.

I f***ing hate being reminded of this f***ing match. Have a charity football by all means but to re-create one of the most, if not THE most, depressing moment in my football supporting life  :angry:

I'd hope more for a "Barnes...Rush...Barnes...still John Barnes...Collymore CLOSING IN *snap* WHAT A LEG BREAKING TACKLE BY PEACOCK"

The neutrals might have loved it, but to me it was a disaster - a game we should have won.

Once Tino put us 3-2 up with that stunning, bent shot around Grobbelaar, we should have been capable of shutting up shop and taking the sting out of them ; we may even have caught them again on the break late in the game..

Defence entirely to blame, with bad marking for Collymore at far post, and on Fowler for their 3rd from corner(Elliott lost him..) - we lost our shape and the weaknesses in the side exposed.

Had we won that match, I am sure Man U would have died..Fergie later admitted that he was willing Liverpool on, and I quote ' Us Red teams have always been better than the rest and I wanted them to do us a favour'.... probably the best example of 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' that I've ever heard, because usually, Man U & Liverpool hate each other.

The sight of us winning such a game at Anfield would have changed football - because we lost, people began to see us as continual blowers, and so it has remained.

Incidentally, Cole & Shearer shouldn't really take part, as neither were playing for us then.

Guest Slippery Sam

Wasn't it Neil Ruddock who smashed Pedro's face in (the first time) with his elbow at St James' ???

An ideal chance to recreate that piece of football finesse, mr Ruddock.

I wont be going - if indeed it does take place.

Wasn't it Neil Ruddock who smashed Pedro's face in (the first time) with his elbow at St James' ???

An ideal chance to recreate that piece of football finesse, mr Ruddock.

I wont be going - if indeed it does take place.

It was in a pre-season match at Anfield after Beardsley had just signed for us from Everton - he didn't play again for about 7 weeks.

Never liked Ruddock and wouldn't be surprised if there was some intent....