Smith v Butt - craptastic midfield contest

TRon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So without being kneejerk or stupidly over the top, how did Smith play tonight? Would it be wise to put Geremi/Guthrie in for  Hull.

He was less bad because he was less involved. For some reason Man United chose not to go through the middle a lot and to be honest Smith didn't have a lot to do. he put in one really good tackle and played a few simple passes without losing the ball.

Good assessment.  I just don't have any confidence in the guy. absolute crap and he obviously is lost.  He is no longer a forward nor is he a decent midfielder. Ferguson totally stuffed him up.  Smith's fault for choosing to go to Man U tbh.

Please sell him.

Guest Heneage

What I saw in this game is that both Smith and Geremi should start ahead of Butt.

Smith kept it simple and when he lost the ball was still quick enough to sprint in an effort to win it back.

Geremi might have 40 yr old legs, but they are no slower than Nicky Butt's and he's got a hell of a lot more to offer in in terms of vision and passing.

This.

I'd love to see Geremi be used until Nolan and Barton are fit, along side Guthrie we'd have a decent little midfield. From the snippets I saw and heard about last night it appears Geremi played well.

What I saw in this game is that both Smith and Geremi should start ahead of Butt.

Smith kept it simple and when he lost the ball was still quick enough to sprint in an effort to win it back.

Geremi might have 40 yr old legs, but they are no slower than Nicky Butt's and he's got a hell of a lot more to offer in in terms of vision and passing.

This.

<b>I'd love to see Geremi be used until Nolan and Barton are fit,</b> along side Guthrie we'd have a decent little midfield. From the snippets I saw and heard about last night it appears Geremi played well.

Agree for me his passing and delivery is far better then the other options thought he did reasonable well last night.

Can anyone explain to me just how Alan Smith can get paid to run around snapping people? (Including his own men) Absoutely shocking last night and I'd even go as far as saying I'd play Nicky Butt everytime over him.

Can anyone explain to me just how Alan Smith can get paid to run around snapping people? (Including his own men) Absoutely shocking last night and I'd even go as far as saying I'd play Nicky Butt everytime over him.

Of course you would Nicky. Look you are still a valuable squad member and we've given you a contract extension so just chill. Let the knee heal, no need to rush back...please!

This.

I'd love to see Geremi be used until Nolan and Barton are fit, along side Guthrie we'd have a decent little midfield. From the snippets I saw and heard about last night it appears Geremi played well.

Well, Hull is Nolan's last game out so I suppose we'd get to see that midfield for the grand total of one game.  :razz:

In all seriousness, I don't see Geremi as being a decent little anything, and thought he had a poor game on Wednesday. Him, Butt, and Smith are all horrible in their own ways. Hopefully Guthrie/Nolan/Barton will stay fit/not suspended for the rest of the year so we never have to see any of them again.

Of course you would Nicky. Look you are still a valuable squad member and we've given you a contract extension so just chill. Let the knee heal, no need to rush back...please!

So you were impressed by Smith on Wednesday were you? Deluded if you were.