Roy Keane - 'Heartless'

Guest johnson293

Guest johnson293

Roy Keane once again proves he doesn't care what he says, and about who...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/02/22/ex-sunderland-boss-roy-keane-launches-stunning-attack-115875-21143196/

Roy Keane has broken his silence on his departure from Sunderland by launching a typically outspoken attack.

He had harsh words for his former manager Sir Alex Ferguson, Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn, owner Ellis Short - and took a cruel swipe at former Black Cats defender Clive Clarke.

It is the Irishman's tirade about Clarke - the 29-year-old released by Sunderland for health reasons last year after suffering a heart attack while playing on loan at Leicester two years ago - that will stun the rest of football.

Clarke spoke out about Keane when his two-year reign on Wearside came to an end in December, claiming Keane had lost the dressing-room.

Keane hit back yesterday and said: "He went on loan to Coventry and, on a night we got beaten in the cup to Luton the staff came in and said, 'Clive Clarke has had a heart attack at Leicester'.

"I said, 'Is he OK? I'm shocked they found one, you could never tell by the way he plays'."

Keane told an Irish newspaper: "Alex Ferguson, my old manager, says, 'You never know what he is going to do next'. What did he think I was going to do? Go backpacking around Mexico? I have five kids. Football is in my blood! I'd just had enough at Sunderland. Things had changed. End of bloody story."

Keane lifted the lid on his final exit from Sunderland, which began when Texasbased Short bought a 30 per cent holding in the club.

Keane said he feared the dynamicswerechanging when he and chairman Niall Quinn went down to London for two meetings with Short.

Keane was convinced Short thought from the beginning Keanewasnot the manager for him. There was more concern when Quinn said to him the players needed to come into work with a smile on their faces.

Keane pointed out that when he walked into the job, putting a smile on faces was the last thing that was required of him.

He suggested that if they wanted their well-paid superstars to be smiling, they should employ a comedian such as Roy Chubby Brown.

Keane believed Short had been making his opinions known to Quinn and felt that the alarm bells were ringing for him.

The beginning of the end came, Keane claimed, with a demand to know where he had been one day and a request that he be available at all times.

Then there were accusations about how often he came in and about moving his family up to Wearside. As Keane pointed out, neither Quinn nor Stone lived in the North-East.

He insisted he was always flexible and would be happy to relocate anywhere. And he would be happy to take charge of a Championship club.

Quinn claimed last night that the club had Short to thank for signings such as Djibril Cisse, Steed Malbranque and Anton Ferdinand.

"Without Ellis Short we would not be in the position we are today," said Quinn.

;D  :idiot2:

Kinnear would probably have said "What? Clive Heart's had a clarke attack?"

As opposed to Sir Bobby, who would probably have said, "What? Carl Cort's had a heart attack?"

Or opposed to Chris Hughton, who would probably have said... absolutely nothing of note, as usual

Guest Heneage

Well there goes that job at the UN as head of diplomacy.

While it's a nasty and heartless (pardon the pun) thing to say, part of me can't help but admire his honesty, he does call a spade a spade and doesn't care how he's viewed.

Guest diddimz

Well there goes that job at the UN as head of diplomacy.

While it's a nasty and heartless (pardon the pun) thing to say, part of me can't help but admire his honesty, he does call a spade a spade and doesn't care how he's viewed.

Thats it, I really can't stand the bloke, but he is one of the few honest people left in the game even when it's not the most popular of things to say.