Our rugby team have shown they can do it - why not us ?

Guest Phil K

Corrections duly made . . .

NEWCASTLE FALCONS

Rugby Union. 

In the top league. Struggling.

NEWCASTLE EAGLES

Baketball. 

In the top league. CHAMPIONS and the 'Manchester United' of Basketball (win most things most seasons).

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Football (!). 

In the top league. Struggling.

NEWCASTLE VIPERS

Ice Hockey. 

In the top league.  Mid table.

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS

Speedway. 

In the Second top league (which is called the Premier League).  Average to struggling.

and nearby . . .

DURHAM CCC

Cricket. 

In the top league.  CHAMPIONS.

GATESHEAD THUNDER

Rugby League. 

In the second top league (the National League 1, Rugby League's equivalent of the championship) They are moving to Newcastle soon, seemingly.

Falcons are aguably the smallest club in the Guiness Premiership though in terms of support/turnover id be willing to bet. Its no coincedence their results have picked up since the internationals started again where unlike many others they don't lose very many players.

Rugby League is wank, team fucked off to Hull last time they were in the topflight (i think) and Thunder will never get a license to be in the Superleague as there is no promo/relegation for at least 4 yrs

Falcons are aguably the smallest club in the Guiness Premiership though in terms of support/turnover id be willing to bet. Its no coincedence their results have picked up since the internationals started again where unlike many others they don't lose very many players.

Rugby League is w***, team f***ed off to Hull last time they were in the topflight (i think) and Thunder will never get a license to be in the Superleague as there is no promo/relegation for at least 4 yrs

It is good to see our teams at the top and dominating their sport nationally.  We are currently doing it at the VERY TOP in Cricket and (particularly) Basketball - and not too long ago in Rugby Union.

The rest (esp NUFC) are sadly underachieving - at the moment.   Give us (another) five years though . . . . . .  (says Big Mike)

Not really sure what you're trying to say in relation to my point but its a boost for the region as a whole when all the teams are doing well. I used to go watch Durham a bit when i was a kid with my grandpa and its great to see them winning trophies considering how far behind they were when they became first class.

Not really sure what you're trying to say in relation to my point but its a boost for the region as a whole when all the teams are doing well. I used to go watch Durham a bit when i was a kid with my grandpa and its great to see them winning trophies considering how far behind they were when they became first class.

Got a little off point, saw the opportunity to list all of Newcastle's 'major sports' clubs and teams and compare their relative success. I suppose I am saying that 'if other clubs in Newcastle can do it, so can our football club' . . .

In Hayman & Wilko they have 2 of the highest paid club rugby paid players in the world. The Falcons have benefited from letting 2 of there 4 England internationals go as the back line was wiped out at times last season when England played. Dave Thompson (owner_ has done two talk ins recently & at one he said "the days of 5 top players & 10 rubbish players are over" they are looking for a more balanced team.

In Hayman & Wilko they have 2 of the highest paid club rugby paid players in the world. The Falcons have benefited from letting 2 of there 4 England internationals go as the back line was wiped out at times last season when England played. Dave Thompson (owner_ has done two talk ins recently & at one he said "the days of 5 top players & 10 rubbish players are over" they are looking for a more balanced team.

Hmm, wonder where they got that idea from? ;)

I have been reading some of the stuff from the Falcons owner on a Falcons messageboard  & saw this "Present grass pitch has moss/ fungus (?), which has been chemically treated. Falcons players have been given injections in case of adverse reactions to the treated grass" nee wonder we have not been playing at the KP of late.

I have been reading some of the stuff from the Falcons owner on a Falcons messageboard  & saw this "Present grass pitch has moss/ fungus (?), which has been chemically treated. Falcons players have been given injections in case of adverse reactions to the treated grass" nee wonder we have not been playing at the KP of late.

Blue Star have had to cancel several of their games because of it.