U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

he was meant to be released, must have had a change of heart,  i still don't think he'll make it though.

Yeah he was informed he could start looking for another club, but he's still under got a year or so left of his pro deal with the Toon, so I guess they'll use him if it suits them. He's too small for the big leagues though and not much more to his game then being able to run really fast.

Alan O'Brien MKII by the sound of things.

O'Brien was a much better player.

IF he had some form of crossing ability he would have been a top premiership player imo.  Could beat people for fun then went to cross and and it would never stay in play.

nah.. he wasn't that good at dribbling. Just kicked the ball and ran after it.. I haven't seen much of him of course, but I remember plenty of occasions when he'd run head down straight out of play..

I never said he had dribbling ability and like you said he just knocked it and ran past them.  It worked well though apart from his crossing.

People would catch on quick though, and his one 'ability' would be gone. Way too many speed demons with little ability playing football these days :(

Guest Stephen927

he was meant to be released, must have had a change of heart,  i still don't think he'll make it though.

Yeah he was informed he could start looking for another club, but he's still under got a year or so left of his pro deal with the Toon, so I guess they'll use him if it suits them. He's too small for the big leagues though and not much more to his game then being able to run really fast.

Alan O'Brien MKII by the sound of things.

O'Brien was a much better player.

IF he had some form of crossing ability he would have been a top premiership player imo.  Could beat people for fun then went to cross and and it would never stay in play.

nah.. he wasn't that good at dribbling. Just kicked the ball and ran after it.. I haven't seen much of him of course, but I remember plenty of occasions when he'd run head down straight out of play..

I never said he had dribbling ability and like you said he just knocked it and ran past them.  It worked well though apart from his crossing.

People would catch on quick though, and his one 'ability' would be gone. Way too many speed demons with little ability playing football these days :(

Compared to someone like Figo who had truly fantastic control and even in his 30s with little pace could beat a man for fun.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Anyone see much of Aaron Spear at all?

To be honest, I haven't seen him play at all, but should get a chance over the next month or so as he'll be in our U-18's now.

didn't see any games but read a couple of reports, Nile played 90 mins, got booked, think he may have been too physical for the Swiss defence,  he played the full game while Welbeck and Delfounso, who were upfront with him got subbed and heard Vukcic played well for Slovenia.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

didn't see any games but read a couple of reports, Nile played 90 mins, got booked, think he may have been too physical for the Swiss defence,  he played the full game while Welbeck and Delfounso, who were upfront with him got subbed and heard Vukcic played well for Slovenia.

Was at the forefront of everything his team did and seems to have a canny freekick/corner on him. His brother wasn't too bad either.

Was at the forefront of everything his team did and seems to have a canny freekick/corner on him. His brother wasn't too bad either.

I don't think there'd be any harm in signing his brother, read a lot of good reports about him and it'd keep Haris happy too.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He was playing CB, but the commentators said he was naturally a midfielder like his Brother. Have to say, was impressed with him at CB, seemed to have a bit of pace and could put a tackle in, still had his midfield ability too. Yet, its all subjective as its only one match at U19 level against the Ukraine, so its not really a level to judge him fairly.

Squad versus Whitle Bay tonight includes:

Krul, Forster, Tavernier, Lough, Leadbitter, Morris, Tozer, Grieve, Ferguson, McLaughlin, McDermott, Adjei, McCrudden, Donaldson, Baheng, Danquah, Zamblera, Sammy Ameobi.

anyone know how much it costs to get into Whitley Bay tonight?

Not sure, but getting out alive will cost alot more!

http://www.cyber-cinema.com/reprint/warriors.jpg

:knuppel:

binnsy, would have thought a few quid.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Squad versus Whitle Bay tonight includes:

Krul, Forster, Tavernier, Lough, Leadbitter, Morris, Tozer, Grieve, Ferguson, McLaughlin, McDermott, Adjei, McCrudden, Donaldson, Baheng, Danquah, Zamblera, Sammy Ameobi.

Crap, I thought we had released him. Funny story about Leadbitter, well kind of.

I was working at GAME at the time, and this young chap comes up to the counter to buy Fifa. I ask him if he has his Game's reward card, and sadly he doesn't, he's left it at home. So I ask for his postcode and name and he replies:

"Daniel Leadbitter"

"Where do I know that name from." I ask to myself out loud, as if it was a name from some ancient world of mysteries, then I remembered. "Oh yeah. Do you play for the Newcastle United youth team?"

"Yeah, how do you know that?!"

"Ah." I replied, leaving it an unknown mystery for the young guy to hold onto for the rest of his life that he was recognised. "Hope you make it to the big leagues." I said as he left with a huge grin on his face.

I didn't have the heart to tell him why I remembered his name, that morning I had just released him from his Newcastle contract on Football Manager. It could have ruined him if I had told him that. Seemed a canny lad like, but this was about 3 years ago so anything could have changed since then.