U23s & Academy

Skirge

Ben Tozer was interviewed in the programme the other night, and he mentioned Fabio Zamblera. I've totally forgot about him, wonder if we'll ship him off to Italy on loan before the end of the transfer window closes

Guest Heneage

In what context did he mention him, it wasn't one of them dodgy questions along the lines of "Who's the thickest?" like "Who's the shittest Italian Dennis wise signed?"

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Anyone going along on Saturday against Man City youth? We'll probably get beat like, Man City have an incredible youth setup.

Anyone going along on Saturday against Man City youth? We'll probably get beat like, Man City have an incredible youth setup.

I know Man City have a really good set up but you don't know what the current batch of players will be like,  put it this way if we play as bad as last week when we were stuffed by Watford then City will batter us, if we play like we did 2nd half against Villa then we may well win.

Chris have you any idea if the likes of  Ferguson, Vukcic, Soderberg, Morris, Dummett have gone off to play internationals?  losing the likes of them could make gettin a result a bit tricky!!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ferguson, McCrudden and McLoughlin have been called up to the N.Ireland U21/U19s, but looks like we have the rest of the decent lads! Not sure who'll play LW if Ferguson isn't around.

Everytime I see him play, he impresses me more and more. Never stops working, seems to drive forward and links up well with Inman and Vuckic.

Think i'll go if the weather's half decent. Will go to the correct venue this time. Official site says it's at 1st team training ground.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Newcastle United U18s 3 - 1 Man City U18s

(Inman, Airey, Ameobi)

Johnson

Newton---Tavernier---Henderson---Dummett

-------------------McLoughlin-----------------------

-------------Inman----McDermott-----------------

Adjei----------------------------------------Ameobi

------------------------Airey--------------------------

Newcastle scored after 10 minutes when Bradden Inman latched on to a through ball, his first touch took it around the keeper which left Inman with a simple tap in to make it 1-0. 5 minutes later Newcastle had scored again, Sammy Ameobi, playing on the left flank, dribbled inside and tried to have a shot. The shot was blocked and looped into the penalty area, where Phil Airey (with a rare outing up front) smashed the ball on the volley from 10 yards out to make it 2-0.

Newcastle's 'new' back four looked comfortable, though Man City often broke their offside trap but failed to finish. They scored around the half hour mark to make it 2-1, after a cross from the left wasn't cleared. Max Johnson thought the ball was being struck first time and was on the ground, the player controlled it and finished through a body of Newcastle defenders.

Newcastle scored their 3rd in the 2nd half, Phil Dummet crossing from a free kick which saw Sammy Ameobi tower above the rest and head it home.

I'll write more later, I'm off to get some food!

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

International call up?

Edit - Speaking of which, just seen Kadar has been told he can't go to the U20 World Cup. Any rumors about saying we will do the same for Ranger and Donaldson? All seems bit harsh on them but probably necessary, no thanks to Ashley and our squad size obviously.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

yes cracking result,  a coincidence that Tavernier was back in the team!?   How did Tav play Chris?

Noticed that the reserves play there first league game this coming Tuesday,  7pm ko at SJP.

Tav was alreet, was impressed with Conner Newton who I think should get a few more starts on the right to see if he can grow in confidence. Newton was a out of position a few times, and had a lot of work to do (Sammy Adjei rarely tracked back), but I thought he coped well. Looks a little more composed then Dummet at leftback, who at times looks a little gangly - but if he can fill out his frame should do well.

Very much doubt that Greg McDermott and Sammy Adjei will be asked to sign professional/extended contracts with the club. McDermott hardly touches the ball and rarely contributes to the game, and Adjei is pretty much the same.

Aye, I'll probably be at the reserves game on Tuesday, it still £3?

yes cracking result,  a coincidence that Tavernier was back in the team!?   How did Tav play Chris?

Noticed that the reserves play there first league game this coming Tuesday,  7pm ko at SJP.

Tav was alreet, was impressed with Conner Newton who I think should get a few more starts on the right to see if he can grow in confidence. Newton was a out of position a few times, and had a lot of work to do (Sammy Adjei rarely tracked back), but I thought he coped well. Looks a little more composed then Dummet at leftback, who at times looks a little gangly - but if he can fill out his frame should do well.

Very much doubt that Greg McDermott and Sammy Adjei will be asked to sign professional/extended contracts with the club. McDermott hardly touches the ball and rarely contributes to the game, and Adjei is pretty much the same.

Aye, I'll probably be at the reserves game on Tuesday, it still £3?

Reserves will be £3 or £1.50 concessions although its free with a season ticket