U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest WestEndRiot

Anyone know for definite the KO time for the u18's in the morning?

Official website says 11am, .com says 11am on the right hand side of the page but the story about it being rearranged says 1pm.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Sammy Adjei posted a video on his Facebook of him doing the 'Flip Flap' past a West Ham defender, it looks amazing. He's had a pretty decent few months so far, just needs to keep working hard.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=298118314153

And here's one of Ryan Page smashing home a freekick for the U16's

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1129465364641

the reserves are back in action on Monday night, playing at home to Leeds at Whitley park, 7pm, free entry to everyone.  Its months since they last played at home (think it was the game at SJP when Pancrate was on trial) and should be a decent game.  Also a chance that Barton may feature which would be canny bearing in mind the form of our midfielders at the minute.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

A few from the reserves have been told they are getting released at the end of the season. Lough and Danquah i've heard. 

Not surprising, both of those have failed to appear much at all this season, especially when Dummett will be pushing for the LB spot at Reserve level next year too.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The lads on fire, thats something like 10 goals in 8 games (guessing), might go and actually work that one out! Sammy Ameobi is going to find it tough to get back in the Youth Side at this rate.

Just got back,  good 2 nil win and decent game on an awful pitch.  Airey scoring twice but could easily have had 5,  he missed two one on ones and hit the post with a header from 6 yards in the second half.  He should actually have scored 10 seconds before he got his first after been sent clear by Fergusons thru ball he hit the post.  From the resulting goal kick, which was duffed by the keeper he was sent clean thru and this time thumped it home.

It was also announced at the match that the quarter final of the youth cup is going to be played a week on Thursday, 25th Feb at SJP with a 7pm kick off.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It was also announced at the match that the quarter final of the youth cup is going to be played a week on Thursday, 25th Feb at SJP with a 7pm kick off.

Sweet, I'll be there. If anyone from here fancies meeting up and getting seats close to each other, I'm all for that. Great to see young Ferguson getting into the action again, he's hardly been used at youth level this season (due to age restrictions), which is a shame as he's a great little player to watch on the wing.

Sweet, I'll be there. If anyone from here fancies meeting up and getting seats close to each other, I'm all for that. Great to see young Ferguson getting into the action again, he's hardly been used at youth level this season (due to age restrictions), which is a shame as he's a great little player to watch on the wing.

Fergie played well tonight,  bizarrely started the game in centre midfield with Paddy Mclaughlin on the left wing before they switched back to their normal positions after about 20 mins.  I thought Paddy was having a good game but he was subbed for Inman on the hour mark.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Fergie played well tonight,  bizarrely started the game in centre midfield with Paddy Mclaughlin on the left wing before they switched back to their normal positions after about 20 mins.  I thought Paddy was having a good game but he was subbed for Inman on the hour mark.

Aye that does sound odd. Paddy's looked good in the center whenever I've seen, very tidy and sensible and breaks up the opposition attack well. Can't imagine how Fergie would do there, I mean he's not as good at LB as he is LW.

Looks like Godsmark, Ngo Baheng and Callum Morris will be leaving in the summer too.

Yes looks like Godsmark, Lough and Danquah have already been told they can go,  no real loss,  Godsmark is too small and lightweight,  Lough is a steady left back but not quite good enough and Danquah is all fancy flicks and no end product, probably great in 5 a sides! 

BAheng and Morris are both coming to the end of their contracts, both tricky ones,  Baheng has been unlucky with injuries and while he likes a flick and a step over too much like his mate Danquah he maybe worth keeping for another year and Morris rarely gets a look in but has broken in the Ireland under 20 or 21's and seems to have done ok for them.  I think i'd be tempted to give him another season as well and bin Tozer instead who is going backwards.

Guest Heneage

Looks like Godsmark, Ngo Baheng and Callum Morris will be leaving in the summer too.

Baheng was talking about wanting a loan to France for next year.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

NUFC.com have the KO time for the Q.Final game against Crystal Palace as 3pm. 3pm on a Thursday? Its almost as if they don't want an attendance! Thankfully I finish work at 3, and its only around the corner from the Stadium so should be able to get there for most of the 1st half and beyond.

NUFC.com have the KO time for the Q.Final game against Crystal Palace as 3pm. 3pm on a Thursday? Its almost as if they don't want an attendance! Thankfully I finish work at 3, and its only around the corner from the Stadium so should be able to get there for most of the 1st half and beyond.

7pm kick off mate.

.com are wrong.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

7pm kick off mate.

.com are wrong.

Phew, that'll save some frantic strange shuffle jogging through town to get to the match on time. Been nearly three months since the last youth game :(

7pm kick off mate.

.com are wrong.

Phew, that'll save some frantic strange shuffle jogging through town to get to the match on time. Been nearly three months since the last youth game :(

And you call yourself our FM scout?! :frantic:

:razz:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

7pm kick off mate.

.com are wrong.

And you call yourself our FM scout?! :frantic:

:razz:

I use a random number generator!

Good win for the young uns yesterday away at Derby, won 4-1,  Mcdermott with 3 and the new lad from the Faroes with the goals,  perfect warm up for the big FA youth cup quarter final on Thursday night at SJP.

Slightly off-topic but for anyone knowledgeable in the subject, whatever happened to Mark Walton?  I remember him being a huge deal 3 or 4 years ago; ripped the net off the posts with a goal in some tourney in Italy iirc.  Looked like he would make the step up and then he literally disappeared.