U23s & Academy

Skirge

Newton played well 1st time I have seen him in central position but he always been a good passer of the ball may lack the legs to get around the pitch at senior level.

Palace must have the only group of black teenagers in London who lack a cutting edge

Stand outs for me were Newton, Alnwick and also Dummett, defended solidly and a superb assist for the 3rd goal.  Adjei is frustrating, 2 nice goals but his final pass was lacking for me. 

Ameobi, as I said before, absolute manure.  There was a spell late in the game where we must have put together a string of about 30 passes, and you just knew that as soon as it got to him it would end.  It did.

Gotta say the one thing that impressed me tonight was the efficiency inwhich we passed the ball about (Ameobi aside). Been to youth games in the past and the standard was very poor, this was refreshingly decent though.

Onwards to the semis!

Gotta say the one thing that impressed me tonight was the efficiency inwhich we passed the ball about (Ameobi aside). Been to youth games in the past and the standard was very poor, this was refreshingly decent though.

Onwards to the semis!

Not the direction you always want to see the ball going but there passing from left to right & vice versa was very good.

Onwards to the semis!

Not the direction you always want to see the ball going but there passing from left to right & vice versa was very good.

Yeah, I'm not saying we were playing really dynamic stuff - but compared to youth games I've seen in the past it was a good standard and very watchable.

Onwards to the semis!

Yeah, I'm not saying we were playing really dynamic stuff - but compared to youth games I've seen in the past it was a good standard and very watchable.

To the f***ing 1st team man!!!

Stand outs for me were Newton, Alnwick and also Dummett, defended solidly and a superb assist for the 3rd goal.  Adjei is frustrating, 2 nice goals but his final pass was lacking for me. 

Ameobi, as I said before, absolute manure.  There was a spell late in the game where we must have put together a string of about 30 passes, and you just knew that as soon as it got to him it would end.  It did.

:lol:

Bold is true. Looks canny.

Standouts for me:  Adjei, Newton, Dummett and I was also impressed with Tavernier. 

The whole team works quite well as a group, and I think Newton makes the thing tick.  He sits in the Smith position and has great application, and he also gets into great positions driving forward.

Adjei looks tidy, it'll be interesting to see if he can step up in the long run.

Dummett was outstanding in the air, and very tidy again.

Ameobi looked devoid of fitness, and I think he's just back from injury so perhaps that explains it.  He's quite like Shola.  Lanky, and has a few deft touches but his movement and final ball are poor.

Really enjoyed the match, and will definitely attend the semi. 

Chris, that was actually the worst game i've seen Tavernier have in a year and half!

Thought Newton was tremendous along with Dummett and Alnwick pulled off some good saves.  Inman was quiet but still showed his quality in possession and hardly misplaced a pass all game.

Sami Ameobi looked like a player who was making his first start in months after being injured.

Also thought the team shape was excellent,  4 3 3, but plenty of movement and interchanging, Newton holds in midfield, Inman was playing off the striker and Mcdermott in between them.  Makes a change watching a Newcastle team with a mobile midfield.

I wonder if Vukcic will get back in time to play in the semis.....or even the final!

Guest The Enforcer

I thought Tavernier struggled a little bit with his passing, but generally did quite well. I agree, Newton and Dummet were great.

Roll on the semi final.

Do we know anything about either Villa or Fulham, is one side preferable to the other?

i don't know anything about Fulham but i know Villa are one of them clubs, like Everton & Man City that always has a good youth team, they have an excellent academy set up.  They beat us 2-1 really early in the season but i think we are playing much better now.

Newcastle are at home in the 2nd leg,  whoever we play we are away first.  I remember a few years ago we played Ipswich in the league play offs, went down there for the first game and were torn apart by Darren Ambrose and Darren Bent, think they both scored two each and we lost 4-0,  we then won the home game but had give us too much to do after the first game.  Hopefully we won't do anything daft like that again!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Link doesn't work for me  ???

I have a NUFCtv sub as well, hmm, what does he look like?