U23s & Academy

Skirge

Newcastle's U18s are currently competing in a tournament staged in the Bosnian town of Foca and still on course to defend the "Football Friends" title that they won in 2009.

United began their 2010 campaign against FK Sarajevo on Friday night in style, with an emphatic 6-0 victory.

That set up a semi-final meeting on Saturday night with Red Star Belgrade, which the young Magpies won 3-2. The Serbians took a 6th minute lead only to be quickly pegged back by a goal from Paul Dummett.

Efforts from Dan Taylor on 60 and 62 minutes then gave United the lead, with Red Star reducing the arrears ten minutes from full time but having a player dismissed.

The final this evening (Sunday) then pits Newcastle against a team from the Croatian city of Zagreb

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Seems to have scored a few goals lately, which is never a bad thing. The few outings I've seen him play, he's been a lone striker up front with long balls hoofed to him as a targetman. Seems to do well, bit of a big lad though.

In other news:

Paddy McLaughlin was offered a 1 year pro extension.

Daniel Leadbitter and Matthew Grieves have been offered 6 months extensions (so last chance to impress I guess).

and Aaron Spear has injured his knee.

Guest Know_All

nice lad too, but will probably get released at the end of the season.

can't see many of the current first years getting taken on as pro's

Spear, Alnwick, Vukic already have contracts, maybe Nuzzi might get one but not many more.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not sure, but this guy is pretty annoying. He's like Sky Sports Gossip column, with his rhetorical questions at the end of his naff statements.  :facepalm:

Grieves also went on holiday with Nolan, any co-incidence of him getting 6 more months???? When he couldn't even get in the reserves??? Suspicious :shifty:

He has been out with a knock for a long while, I guess they are giving him 6 months to see him in games.

Grieves also went on holiday with Nolan, any co-incidence of him getting 6 more months???? When he couldn't even get in the reserves??? Suspicious :shifty:

He has been out with a knock for a long while, I guess they are giving him 6 months to see him in games.

You'd expect someone who knows everything to know something like that. :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That'd be the sensible answer, as Daniel Leadbitter has had never ending injuries too, but then who are we to question Know_All.

mmm i never realised this a was little closed forum,  i just thought it was the thread where people can find out what how reserve and youth team are doing.  silly me.

what's the name of that little ginger radgie who always hangs about the reserve and youth team matches, always telling people what he thinks, seems to have a chip on his shoulder about not making it as a pro...?

Guest Know_All

That'd be the sensible answer, as Daniel Leadbitter has had never ending injuries too, but then who are we to question Know_All.

you've seen the games so what do you think ?

Is he worth another 6 months?

Is Dan Ledbitter for that matter when we know who's coming through?

Sensible answers only please

Not sure, but this guy is pretty annoying. He's like Sky Sports Gossip column, with his rhetorical questions at the end of his naff statements.  :facepalm:

But correct statements

sorry to jump into you little closed forum where no one else is allowed to know more than you guys

:idiot2:

Basically, you know one of the U18s.  :lol:

what's the name of that little ginger radgie who always hangs about the reserve and youth team matches, always telling people what he thinks, seems to have a chip on his shoulder about not making it as a pro...?

Nicky Butt?Matty Pattison,Charles Kennedy?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Still doesn't make them naff and pointless, and you're welcome to post, its not a closed forum. But the way you post is just open to people to assume you're a total bell end. No one else stands on a chair and shouts as loud as they can proclaiming they know the inside workings of Newcastle United. Those with genuine 'knowledge' share it openly and fairly and don't look for any forum acclaim.

See: thespence, binnsy

you've seen the games so what do you think ?

Is he worth another 6 months?

Is Dan Ledbitter for that matter when we know who's coming through?

Sensible answers only please

Daniel Leadbitter? I'd personally say yes. He's had horrid injuries throughout his youth development and is a really pleasant kid to talk to, unlike others. 6 months to gain some fitness and fish for a pro deal is more then welcome. If anything else its a way for him to prove to other club's scouts what he has if things don't work out at Newcastle.

Greg?

:lol:

Nah, that really irritating one, struts about as though he's still part of the academy team, even though he didn't get offered a deal. Blames it on 'injuries' and 'bad luck'...

Guest Know_All

I agree with the Leadbitter comment but injuries are coming too fast, a young pro cant really earn a contract if he's always on the physio's table

So Grieves?

What do you think?