Assuming we stay up...

Dave

Not confident at all ,bizarre transfer strategy that defies the way football clubs operate i.e all clubs pay in installments of various sizes while we buy the player outright which is all well and good but when we sell a player we let the buying club purchase the traditional way for example Given to Man city so we end up with very little outlay to re- finance a signing so do we miss out on quality players because of this or is Ashley going to stump up the cash ,imho this is suicide for our club and watch this space .

our choice of management running our club from above who are totally lacking in any experience of football and how it operates .

Our team management does not give me any confidence at all and do not believe that Ashley has any idea what a manager is or is he just looking for a yes man.If we are to get back in to europe etc we need a manager with experience and hunger not the emmbarresmnt we have now with no tact and acts like a docker on a bender .

The question is, do you risk playing Martins because he looks dangerous? Ultimately if both are fit, Owen imo will do more damage because he's more intelligent.

Very debatable iyam. I don't want to fall into the Owen vs Martins argument again, but you only have to look at our record without Oba to see that he's more influential on the pitch. He mightn't score as many goals, but in a 4-4-2, Owen's invisible unless he's poaching goals. In terms of adding to the team's play, i'd say Martins does more 'damage'.

But as has been said, i'd rather just have em both in the side.

In defence of Owen imho a midfield who can create openings would be a massive plus from open play.

The question is, do you risk playing Martins because he looks dangerous? Ultimately if both are fit, Owen imo will do more damage because he's more intelligent.

Very debatable iyam. I don't want to fall into the Owen vs Martins argument again, but you only have to look at our record without Oba to see that he's more influential on the pitch. He mightn't score as many goals, but in a 4-4-2, Owen's invisible unless he's poaching goals. In terms of adding to the team's play, i'd say Martins does more 'damage'.

In defence of Owen imho a midfield who can create openings would be a massive plus from open play.

We don't have one, which is why I'd rather have Martins who can do shit from out of nowhere.

Martins is NOT our best striker. We can't rely on his half a dozen stormers a season to keep us up, especially when he's just as bad as Owen on the sicknote front.

We've got to look at it this way - Owen is going, Viduka is going, Martins may go but he's not prolific even if he stays, Smith is a midfielder now, Carroll isn't good enough and Ameobi is....well, Ameobi.

The midfield and strikers could soon be a problem. For the first time in a long time our defence could be our strongest area.

1. That's a load of s***.

2. That's a load of absolute s***.

This "Martins only scores screamers and hardly any of them" business is particularly tiresome. He scores tap-ins, he scores headers, he scores typical centre forward's goals and yes, he scores the odd brilliant long ranger.

It's almost as if that goal at Spurs has gone down on his record as a bad thing - only at NUFC.

Not saying he doesn't score simple goals, he just doesn't do it enough if he wants to be considered a top class striker. His ability in front of goal isn't one of his main problems - his lack of pace and a footballing brain are.

Anyone who say's he is our best striker needs their head seeing to. Owen is world class and we'll not see his ilk at this club in a long time.

you're an absolute fucking joke, do you know that?

What makes Owen world class btw? his lack of pace, genuine skill, strength, a left foot?

We don't have one, which is why I'd rather have Martins who can do shit from out of nowhere.

Agreed on both accounts there...