Joe Kinnear or Relegation: you make the call

oldtype
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oldtype, you're banging on about giving Kinnear a 3 year contract, if we stay up, and lose our opening 7/8 games next season, do you think Ashley will keep standing by him?

Yes he'd have to pay out, something he'd be reluctant to do, but theres no guarantee Kinnear will be here 3 years, man!

See Otter's post for the best answer.

Understand the sentiment but no-one is going to openly accept relegation!

For the past while Ive been dreading our situation and really am starting to consider our premiership status(particularly when I look at fixture lists!)

Myhope was/is that we stay up (just) and somehow, either through sale of ownership or fat mike seeing sense, get Steve Bruce in we really will have a chance to move on as a club.

However I have now convincedmyself that even if we wereto go down, Bruce would still come to us.

He knows how big this club is and justhow much it means to the fans and city asa whole, he has taken Wigan as far as he can imo and would perhaps see this as his last chance to manage us, his boyhood club.

Yes you couldask why would he drop a division, but why stay in the prem with a team bringing in home crowds of 12 odd thousand when you could drop down a division, play in a 52000 seater stadium and potentially win a trophy, thus writing yourself into folklore!

I know some might say winning the championship isnt a big deal, but if we were there next season it would mean everything!

Thats my positive thinking all used up, meanwhile back in reality we all know the future is  :kinnear:    :weep:

Guest Wally_McFool

Steve Bruce coming in and JFK and the comedy club leaving is as good as it will get in the immediate future.

It is my sincere belief that a 3-year contract for Joe Kinnear would be more damaging for this club than relegation (and in any case, will most likely be accompanied by relegation next year as an immediate result). If you want to chalk that off as me being foreign, fine, whatever suits your xenophobic worldview. But that's my opinion and I stand by it.

It is my sincere belief that your opinion is so misguided and out of touch with the reality of relegation that this thread, as earlier posters have suggested, is practically nailed on to be the Worst Thread Of 2009 on N-O.  :aww: