Joe Kinnear or Relegation: you make the call

oldtype
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't believe some people would see the club they love relegated just because the manager is shite. As most have said on here releagtion needs to be avoided at all cost. Keeping hold of Kinnear is not one of my wish but I'd rather see him at the helm rather than play in the Championship next season.

Crazy...

I see a lot of people just don't understand what this thread is about.

Nevertheless, I stand by my position. Given a hypothetical choice, I would rather be relegated with the promise of having a new manager than stay up and keep Kinnear for three years.

Nevertheless, I stand by my position. Given a hypothetical choice, I would rather be relegated with the promise of having a new manager than stay up and keep Kinnear for three years.

I think we understand exactly what this thread is about, that's why we think it's mental!

:lol:

Because having a better manager in exchange for a lower league is somehow a good thing. A good manager wouldn't guarantee we'd come straight back up.

But hey, anything to get that waster JFK out of the club.

I will say this - if we get relegated and stick with Kinnear, then Ashley et al will have truly lost it and deserve to spend the rest of their days in an institution. They'll be as mental as the OP is.

Are you old and senile?

Guest BooBoo

I'm sorry but the drivel laden opening post could only come from someone from outside the area- yep i know, local club for local people etc etc. The post shows a shocking lack of understanding over the importance of NUFC to the City and region.

It shows an astonishing naivety over the effects relegation would have. Not just the mood of the city and its supporters (very few of whom actually deserve to be watching shite week in week out) but local pubs, restaraunts, hotels and all the other business that thrive on match days would suffer as attendances dropped.

It really beggars beliefe that someone would happily endure that to just get rid of one bad manager.

I'm sorry but the drivel laden opening post could only come from someone from outside the area- yep i know, local club for local people etc etc. The post shows a shocking lack of understanding over the importance of NUFC to the City and region.

It shows an astonishing naivety over the effects relegation would have. Not just the mood of the city and its supporters (very few of whom actually deserve to be watching s**** week in week out) but local pubs, restaraunts, hotels and all the other business that thrive on match days would suffer as attendances dropped.

It really beggars beliefe that someone would happily endure that to just get rid of one bad manager.

It is my sincere belief that a 3-year contract for Joe Kinnear would be more damaging for this club than relegation (and in any case, will most likely be accompanied by relegation next year as an immediate result). If you want to chalk that off as me being foreign, fine, whatever suits your xenophobic worldview. But that's my opinion and I stand by it.

Oldtype just seems to have lost it as of late.

is actually a fairly accurate assessment of the situation.  :sadnod:

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd only take relegation if it meant a complete clear out of owner, DOF, MD, manager and a good number of the wasters in our team to be replaced by people who have a clue about football and the club. Kinnear is a symptom not a cause. There would be every chance of him getting the chop if by mid point next season we were fighting relegation anyway.

Guest Howaythetoon

Relegation for this club would be a disaster of epic proportions, but need not be the end of the world importantly. The reason why some clubs don't come back up again for a while or drop down further is down to poor management. The very thing that could well take us down. If we are to survive good management at all levels is needed to make sure we don't eventually go down which we will with Kinnear on board for another season. If that happens - Kinnear comes back and gets a new contract - then I can't see a future for us under Mike Ashley and co because to do so would make the Souness appointment seem like a good one, that's how bad a decision it would be. Sadly I can actually see him being welcomed back with open arms and given a new deal by the powers that be, they really are that deluded and clueless.

I'd only take relegation if it meant a complete clear out of owner, DOF, MD, manager and a good number of the wasters in our team to be replaced by people who have a clue about football and the club. Kinnear is a symptom not a cause. There would be every chance of him getting the chop if by mid point next season we were fighting relegation anyway.

[first sentance] We'd all take relegation if it meant getting in a brilliant owner who could afford to put in more money than Ashley, understood football more than him and could spot a top manager (and if we got promoted the next season). I don't think that's how relegation works though.

Keeping Kinnear is certain relegation within the term of his contract. There's no point avoiding relegation this season if it's coming anyway next year.

So the options are relegation or the threat of relegation over the next 3 years?  Why would anyone choose certain relegation over possible relegation?  ???

Keeping Kinnear is certain relegation within the term of his contract. There's no point avoiding relegation this season if it's coming anyway next year.

So the options are relegation or the threat of relegation over the next 3 years?  Why would anyone choose certain relegation over possible relegation?  ???

that's a strange one. the worst that can happen under kinnear is relegation so let's get relegated so we can avoid it.

even if we stay up and he gets the three-year contract, there's still the chance of change in the future when we inevitably under-perform, i'd rather switch managers from a position of relative strength in the premiership than from a dire position of crisis and weakness in the championship.

I would take relegation over a Kinnear contract as once relegated we can always climb back under a new regime but with Kinnear and the present muppets remaining in power we will be in Ever Decreasing Circles of a downward type. Been there and got the T Shirt through dire teams and dire management throughout the 70's early 80', late 90's and now,from Westwood, to Ashley via  Stan seynour jnr and Mckeag  to Liambias, crap managers from  Lee,  Dinnis, McGarry, Charlton , Ossie, Mcfaul, Souness, Gullit, Daglish and look at the state we were in over those periods.

Daft choice this.

Anything other than a big thanks and enjoy your 2nd retirement to JFK from us come the last game of the season would be s****, relegation would be twice as s****.

Don't think we'd come straight back up the following season. Teams that are/were supposed to be battle-hardened to come back up after being relegated from the Prem haven't - Wolves/Sheff Utd/Palace etc. Think we'd be probably be in there for 2-3 seasons minimum.

Also, talk of a new regime etc is pie in the sky stuff, if we couldn't find a buyer when we're in the Prem, just how attractive would we be out of it?