Ashley has no one else to blame if we go down

TRon

Aye , seems Kevin can do no wrong , he's the man.

is he still suing his old club by the way? :kasper:

haven't heard one word from him since ,you'd think he'd have

something to say for himself regarding the situation....................

perhaps there's no need ,he'll always have his blinkered posse mouthing off  :knuppel2: 

You think we'd be in this state if he'd have stayed?

No, but then i'd say that if he'd not brought him back in the first place we'd not be where we are now.

Still his own decision/fault either way though.

True, but I reckon any manager of decent standing within the game would of ultimately been forced to go about it similar to Keegan and therefore we were always going to be in this state.

Possibly, but again we're back to who did/said/promised/demanded etc what - all been done to death but resurrected many times.

Until both sides have their say, we'll never know the true story.

However and regardless of who started it, it all comes down to the fact that Ashley wanted KK and made the appointment, if he thought KK was his man he should have had the guts to follow it through.

I don't go with the concensus that Ashley is out to intentionally f*** us over, I think he has a genuine want for us to do well, but he's surrounded himself with key personnel who don't really know what they're doing.

Yeah? So why did Sportsdirect only pay NUFC something like £40k for what amounts to a blue chip sponsorship package at SJP? On the face of it, it looks like great business for Ashley‘s first love, but shocking business for NUFC.

so why is he putting his cash in ?

As its his club, he didn't have to put anything in to give one of his companies advertising space.

*sorry, thats for Fading Star - picked the wrong 'quote'*

Guest fading star

perhaps there's no need ,he'll always have his blinkered posse mouthing off  :knuppel2: 

No, but then i'd say that if he'd not brought him back in the first place we'd not be where we are now.

True, but I reckon any manager of decent standing within the game would of ultimately been forced to go about it similar to Keegan and therefore we were always going to be in this state.

Possibly, but again we're back to who did/said/promised/demanded etc what - all been done to death but resurrected many times.

However and regardless of who started it, it all comes down to the fact that Ashley wanted KK and made the appointment, if he thought KK was his man he should have had the guts to follow it through.

I don't go with the concensus that Ashley is out to intentionally f*** us over, I think he has a genuine want for us to do well, but he's surrounded himself with key personnel who don't really know what they're doing.

Yeah? So why did Sportsdirect only pay NUFC something like £40k for what amounts to a blue chip sponsorship package at SJP? On the face of it, it looks like great business for Ashley‘s first love, but shocking business for NUFC.

As its his club, he didn't have to put anything in to give one of his companies advertising space.

so what?

Yeah? So why did Sportsdirect only pay NUFC something like £40k for what amounts to a blue chip sponsorship package at SJP? On the face of it, it looks like great business for Ashleys first love, but shocking business for NUFC.

so what?

If its of no consequence then why did you bring it up in the first place?

Yeah? So why did Sportsdirect only pay NUFC something like £40k for what amounts to a blue chip sponsorship package at SJP? On the face of it, it looks like great business for Ashleys first love, but shocking business for NUFC.

so what?

One could argue he should stop whinging about having to put millions in the club to keep it afloat whilst buying advertising space worth millions for free at the same time. It's not so much pertinent now, but it will become moreso when NR will be replaced by SD as our primary sponsor.

so what?

One could argue he should stop whinging about having to put millions in the club to keep it afloat whilst buying advertising space worth millions for free at the same time. It's not so much pertinent now, but it will become moreso when NR will be replaced by SD as our primary sponsor.

True, just thought it was a weak arguement to use that as an indicator that he's intentionally screwing us over.

so what?

True, just thought it was a weak arguement to use that as an indicator that he's intentionally screwing us over.

i'll doubt that advertising space is worth millions

so what?

In fact, he's missing a trick by not selling the rest of the roof for advertising.

Guest fading star

so what?

But it is an example of him screwing us over isn't it? Of him using our club to cut himself a good? It proves he’s happy enough to sell the club short as long as he still benefits?

Guest fading star

so what?

In fact, he's missing a trick by not selling the rest of the roof for advertising.

And diminish the prominence of his favourite business. Why would he do that?

so what?

But it is an example of him screwing us over isn't it? Of him using our club to cut himself a good? It proves hes happy enough to sell the club short as long as he still benefits?

Oh aye, he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Anyway, if he's supposed to be using us as a cash cow, shouldn't he be trying to maximize the income, instead of stiffing us (if he did) for some advertising space?

so what?

But it is an example of him screwing us over isn't it? Of him using our club to cut himself a good? It proves he’s happy enough to sell the club short as long as he still benefits?

I bet he doesn't even pay to get into games.  :angry:

so what?

see post above.

so what?

But it is an example of him screwing us over isn't it? Of him using our club to cut himself a good? It proves hes happy enough to sell the club short as long as he still benefits?

I bet he doesn't even pay to get into games.  :angry:

Probably doesn't give SBR an OAP discount either!!

so what?

he could sell the space to a company that competes in a different market so thered be no competition.

fucking good job he doesn't take a wage eh ?

Guest fading star

so what?

see post above.

irrelevant

so what?

see post above.

irrelevant

righty-ho

Guest fading star

so what?

he could sell the space to a company that competes in a different market so thered be no competition.

f***ing good job he doesn't take a wage eh ?

OK, but why would he want to do that?  

so what?

f***ing good job he doesn't take a wage eh ?

OK, but why would he want to do that?  

eh, for income obviously.

Guest fading star

OK, so why hasn’t he done as madras suggests and sold the remaining space on the gallowgate to a company that competes in a different market?

Perhaps NUSC should raise 40k and get their logo on the East Stand.

OK, so why hasn’t he done as madras suggests and sold the remaining space on the gallowgate to a company that competes in a different market?

Perhaps NUSC should raise 40k and get there logo on the East Stand.

i was taking the piss. i'm not taking you entirely seriously

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2338994.ece

Ashley: We don't need any help

MIKE ASHLEY is set to defy Newcastle’s players and fans by rejecting calls to appoint an emergency boss.

Toon aces revealed yesterday they want ex-England coach Terry Venables to be brought in to try and save their Premier League skins.

Those calls were last night backed by Tyneside legend Chris Waddle, who believes Tel would be the perfect man to stop the rot.

But owner Ashley is set to ignore them and stick with stand-in duo Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood — until boss Joe Kinnear has recovered from heart surgery.

St James’ Park sources insist Kinnear is making great progress and could be back in charge for the trip to Stoke on April 11 or the week after.

But the players are becoming increasingly concerned at their plight — they are third-bottom and two points adrift of safety.

A club insider said: “Mike Ashley is definitely not interested in employing a Red Adair-type figure. He is 100 per cent confident in the ability of his managerial team to get the club out of trouble.

“There have been no conversations with Terry Venables and there won’t be any with him or anyone else. That’s guaranteed. No chance.

“They are not interested in Tel. Mike Ashley remains totally committed to sticking with what they have currently got come what may.

“He is confident Joe Kinnear will get them out of trouble so there’ll be no new faces.

“It’s just a question of which game Joe comes back for. His recovery is going exceptionally well.

“He expects to be back for the Stoke game in some capacity or the Tottenham match if things keep going well.”

If no action is taken by Ashley it is certain to leave the Toon Army scratching their heads and fearing the worst.

Former favourite Waddle, who played for Venables at Tottenham, has urged Ashley to look into the possibility.

He is convinced Tel would save the Geordies from an unthinkable relegation — just as he did with Middlesbrough eight years ago.

He said: “I worked with Terry at Tottenham and I know how good he can be for a club.

“I remember when Boro brought him in to do a similar thing in 2000/1 — to try and keep them in the Premier League.

“He managed that without a problem, they ended up finishing around 14th, comfortably clear of trouble, and he could do the same at Newcastle.

“I look at that squad and I think about what Terry could do there and I’m sure he’d keep them in the Premier League, which is all that matters right now.

“Of course it’s not too late.It’s not a top-half squad but if they can get their best XI on the pitch they have more than enough quality to stay up.

“Everyone sees the Chelsea game as a write-off for Newcastle but Tel wouldn’t see it that way, he’d relish the challenge.”

Mark Jensen, editor of fanzine The Mag, said: “I’d like to see someone brought in — most fans think the management structure is a joke.

“We need someone who can motivate the players in the short and long-term. If there’s anyone out there who is credible and can finish the last eight games then bring it on.”

I realise it's the dubious "club insider" view spouted in a tabloid but basically Ashley's actions will prove it accurate or false. If we stay up he will be vindicated to a point, if we go down then can these decisions be put at the door of anyone else?

We deserve to go down, we are arguably better than west brom and on a par with middlesborough. There is no team worse for spirit, management or ownership. It's sad but inevitable that we will go down, i think the question is whether the rot will stop there or get worse like at leeds. They had similar ownership problems - i think once we are down we need to get rid of Mike Ashley as soon as possible. People seem to be giving him more and more time hoping against hope that he will do something. It's not happened before and it won't happen now. He really is that bad a person/owner/businessman..It's a shame we can't force him to go.

He's well and truely made his bed..

This - even if we survive this year it will be a nightmare for him and us fans.  Every action they make as owners we will be looking to criticize just through past experiences, us fans are going to be always edgy whilst he is here.  I hope he sells up asap to be honest it would be for the best.

Us fans can forget this nightmare.