Ashley has no one else to blame if we go down

TRon

Ashley is the one to blame totally for this fucking shambles.

1) He had ample opportunity to resolve the gripes Keegan had of which he did fuck all.   

2) He's had ample time to make the correct appointment since Keegan left and to change his D.O.F structure to attract a better quility of manager.

3) He 's had ample time to splash essential money to ensure we don't go down this season and has ended up 8 mil in profit.

4) He seems to think a caretaker boss will stear us clear with some of the hardest games still to play.

5) Ameobi got a new contract.

I could go on but fuck up after fuck has been the symbol of Ashley's tenure.

The mans either a fuck-wit or is a Spurs fan with a grudge against us and will stop at nothing, nothing I tells ya until we suffer!  :kinnear:

when keegan walked [again] ,all this shit started ..... look after no.1 thats Kevins motto.

So Keegan was vitally important to the club? Pity he was allowed to leave then.

Make your mind up.

Chomp btw. :thup:

Before anyone jumps in, of course Keegan holds some responsibility for this abortion of a season/situation.

Doesn't change the fact there were 35 Premier League matches (105 points) remaining when he left. To effectively say we were relegated the moment he walked out is laughable.

Guest afternoonfix

Before anyone jumps in, of course Keegan holds some responsibility for this abortion of a season/situation.

Doesn't change the fact there were 35 Premier League matches (105 points) remaining when he left. To effectively say we were relegated the moment he walked out is laughable.

No [decent] manager in their right mind would touch Newcastle after he left---another manager fired/gone in no time ,a hostile fan base..etc who the f*** would blame them.

My point being Keegan i believe should have got on with things for the season at least if he truly loved Newcastle.

No [decent] manager in their right mind would touch Newcastle after he left---another manager fired/gone in no time ,a hostile fan base..etc who the f*** would blame them.

My point being Keegan i believe should have got on with things for the season at least if he truly loved Newcastle.

Its a fair point but if Ashley had shown any kind of leadership when Keegan left then it wouldnt have been as bad - anger was allowed to build up more & more because of SILENCE from the club. No-one had a direction from the club to grab onto because no-one said anything, unbelievable.

But even if he didnt appoint a manager then - surley when he took the club off the market and decided he was staying then he could have started again & appointed a long term manager, or at least look for one.

There was no protests etc around that time, a manager coming in then would have known he would have been welcomed if it was a promosing appointment. But what did he do? Get a 3 year contract on the table for Kinnear.

I disagree.

The total lack of football seen in the second half on Saturday was down to the players and the coaching staff alone. We were playing some great football up until half time and despite getting back into the game, we crumbled on a massive scale. No 'pick me ups', man management, encouragement etc etc etc was evident despite 25 minutes still to be played of the game. And the sad thing is this game was not alone in a 2nd half crumble. If we go down, it is down to the spinless players and coaching staff that can only last half a game.

The squad we have now includes more promising players than anytime within recent years and although there is many carriers, the squad should easily be enough to be above Fulham, Wigan and West Ham.

Blame is everywhere and it is easy to target the big man but hes not the one who can score, concede, give fouls away, change the game, motivate the players, give inspiring team talks . . . . .

I think your missing the bigger picture man!

Why blame one man when there were 11 (+3) players on the pitch the other day who couldn't give a toss after 64 mins on Saturday? Then a coaching staff unable to motivate or encourage. I agree that Ashley could and should done more in the window but our squad is under achieving massively AND that includes more than just one or two experienced international players!

The club has problems throughout and not all of it is down to Ashley. The people that can start to turn things around are the ones we look at on match day and unless they pull their fingers out, we're sinking fast. Talk to the papers as much as possible saying 'we're not going down', 'this club is too big', 'the fans are great'  but I'd much rather have 3 points than more bollocks and broken promises on the back pages.

Off the field is a completely different story to on it, and on it is where we're going to stay up!

I disagree.

The total lack of football seen in the second half on Saturday was down to the players and the coaching staff alone. We were playing some great football up until half time and despite getting back into the game, we crumbled on a massive scale. No 'pick me ups', man management, encouragement etc etc etc was evident despite 25 minutes still to be played of the game. And the sad thing is this game was not alone in a 2nd half crumble. If we go down, it is down to the spinless players and coaching staff that can only last half a game.

The squad we have now includes more promising players than anytime within recent years and although there is many carriers, the squad should easily be enough to be above Fulham, Wigan and West Ham.

Blame is everywhere and it is easy to target the big man but hes not the one who can score, concede, give fouls away, change the game, motivate the players, give inspiring team talks . . . . .

Why blame one man when there were 11 (+3) players on the pitch the other day who couldn't give a toss after 64 mins on Saturday? Then a coaching staff unable to motivate or encourage. I agree that Ashley could and should done more in the window but our squad is under achieving massively AND that includes more than just one or two experienced international players!

The club has problems throughout and not all of it is down to Ashley. The people that can start to turn things around are the ones we look at on match day and unless they pull their fingers out, we're sinking fast. Talk to the papers as much as possible saying 'we're not going down', 'this club is too big', 'the fans are great'  but I'd much rather have 3 points than more bollocks and broken promises on the back pages.

Off the field is a completely different story to on it, and on it is where we're going to stay up!

Ashley can change every aspect of the club!  He is responsible completely since September.  Ashley can appoint the manager, set transfer budgets, renewal contracts, positive press statements and more important SHOW HE CARES.

I disagree.

Ashley can change every aspect of the club!  He is responsible completely since September.  Ashley can appoint the manager, set transfer budgets, renewal contracts, positive press statements and more important SHOW HE CARES.

Again I agree but only to a certain extent. We wasted two/three months after KKs departure when the a large percentage of fans got what they wanted and the club was up for sale. Ashley CAN'T be blamed for anything in this time as people wanted him gone and he did what was wanted. Now for one reason or another, the club wasn't sold and therefore Ashley has come back and HAS been changing things. However, some people will always be blind to these actions because of their views.

We have had a shocking season with injuries/other reasons for not being able to select players and this would have been the case if we had had a world class manager in place. For those asking the questions to why this person and that person weren't brought in, they should ask themselves what we offered? 1/4 of a squad able to play, no cup competitions, no Europe, a mess of a club structural system, the constant pressure of fans etc. Who would walk into that?

Now I'm not saying I'm a fan of the current manager/coaching team but thats what we have and unless they start to perform as one, its not going to get any better. I do believe that we have a strong squad and that we should be playing a lot better now that we have all but a few back. Theres been plenty of promising moments in recent matches (the majority of the Man Utd game and the 1st half the other day for example) but questions have to be asked to why these can't last the full 90 minutes. Too much of time they stand around when we're on the back foot and wait for guidance but no-one has the balls to stand up and be counted. What do you want Ashley to do? Pull on his shorts and play up front? Bark orders from the bench? Stand in goal so that we can't concede?

As for caring, he is a very brave man to come back to the hatrid he was faced with back in October/Novemeber. Some of the things said on message boards and insults at matches were bang out of order and I wouldn't have ever thought of even stepping back in Newcastle if it was me, let alone attending a match. He is trying to change things but he will be the first to admit that he doesn't know football. We have had and are having a very tough season but if it wasn't for Ashley coming in, we would have most likely been in administration and facing point deductions.

I'm not fully behind Ashley but I believe he can do good for us if given the chance. Unfortunately I think his time has been ruined by the reaction of many to KKs departure and something many will never let him forget, despite whatever he achieves. Thats just my opinion, shoot me down for stating it but thats what I think!

I disagree.

Again I agree but only to a certain extent. We wasted two/three months after KKs departure when the a large percentage of fans got what they wanted and the club was up for sale. Ashley CAN'T be blamed for anything in this time as people wanted him gone and he did what was wanted. Now for one reason or another, the club wasn't sold and therefore Ashley has come back and HAS been changing things. However, some people will always be blind to these actions because of their views.

We have had a shocking season with injuries/other reasons for not being able to select players and this would have been the case if we had had a world class manager in place. For those asking the questions to why this person and that person weren't brought in, they should ask themselves what we offered? 1/4 of a squad able to play, no cup competitions, no Europe, a mess of a club structural system, the constant pressure of fans etc. Who would walk into that?

Now I'm not saying I'm a fan of the current manager/coaching team but thats what we have and unless they start to perform as one, its not going to get any better. I do believe that we have a strong squad and that we should be playing a lot better now that we have all but a few back. Theres been plenty of promising moments in recent matches (the majority of the Man Utd game and the 1st half the other day for example) but questions have to be asked to why these can't last the full 90 minutes. Too much of time they stand around when we're on the back foot and wait for guidance but no-one has the balls to stand up and be counted. What do you want Ashley to do? Pull on his shorts and play up front? Bark orders from the bench? Stand in goal so that we can't concede?

As for caring, he is a very brave man to come back to the hatrid he was faced with back in October/Novemeber. Some of the things said on message boards and insults at matches were bang out of order and I wouldn't have ever thought of even stepping back in Newcastle if it was me, let alone attending a match. He is trying to change things but he will be the first to admit that he doesn't know football. We have had and are having a very tough season but if it wasn't for Ashley coming in, we would have most likely been in administration and facing point deductions.

I'm not fully behind Ashley but I believe he can do good for us if given the chance. Unfortunately I think his time has been ruined by the reaction of many to KKs departure and something many will never let him forget, despite whatever he achieves. Thats just my opinion, shoot me down for stating it but thats what I think!

The reaction came about not only because Keegan left in the circumstances he did, but also because of the silence from the club. Ashley could have come out before the Hull game with a statement in reaction to Keegan leaving. A statement similar to the one he released when selling the club; re-enforcing his vision for the club, but also explaining things like Wise's role in more detail. People wouldn’t have gone as nuclear if this had happened.

There was nothing apart from the 'FACT' statement, which had no name to it. It was crazy; anger was allowed to build up during that week because zero leadership was shown by the people at the club. There were allegations of foul play towards a legelnd of the club & during that time there was no communication from anyone at the club.

But again, he still had the chance to attempt to sort the managerial side of things as soon as he announced the club was off the market - and when things had died down.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Anyone still going on about Keegan now is blinkered. At the time I was shocked and severely disappointed by Keegan's departure, but since then the true magnitude of Cuntface's (Mike Ashley) incompetance has come to light, and now we are well and truly fucked. Without 3 points against Stoke I will have lost the little faith I have that we have any chance whatsoever of staying up.

Ashley is a focking idiot! He is to blame for everything...almost! its not his fault that we had so many injuries...but except from that i believe he is to blame!

After Keegan left and until winter he could have found a good manager....but all he can come up with is Kinnear....what a joke. (nobody wanted the job....come on!) Ashley is an amatuer!

Actually im almost 100% sure we are going down.....and the sad part is i almost dont care! I cant see a bright future for the club as long we have personel like kinnear, hughton and calderwood in charge! And the reason why i believe we are going down is because the players don´t believe in the future of the club either.....and who can blame them? I know they are professionals....but again they are only humans! There is no proper guidances and right now next season could be the same if ashley doesn´t act and sake kinnear!

Normally it is positive when  owners stay in the background and let the players and managers do the taking....but ashley have misunderstood this completely....compared to the mess we´re in i find it weird how quiet the boardmembers is?

I don´t think  we will get more than 9 points (max) from the the last 8 matches....if this is enough i dont know? one thing is for sure, we have to rely on other results coz we´re not gonna avoid the relegation ourselves! ! !

I want rid of 10 players or so and the managers and coaches we have now

Sorry but I don't agree with the OP

Ashley's actions this season of course have a major bearing on where we sit today, but this season has been a long time coming.

But..

Halls/Shepherd. They must take some blame for there boom or bust summer in 2005, it was irresponsible in the extreme (esecially considering who was in charge at the time) and part of the reaoson of the inactivity in the transfer market is the obligations we are currently stuck with.

The players. Now I'm not including all of the players here, just thos who signed for the club becase of the big pay packet on offer and don't give value for money every Saturday.

Keegan. He walked at the worst possible time and one which made no sense if his grievances were the signing and selling of players (i.e. outside the transfer window).

Souness. Forcing Bellamy out of the club and playing Shearer ahead of Kluivert.

Paul Robinson. Breaking Owen's foot

Sven. Taking Owen to the World Cup.

The fans. SJP is no longer the cauldren it once was, we are just as likely to be on the players backs than supporting them. The scenes vs Hull were frankly shameful and have contributed to the situation where JK was appointed.

All hindsight I know, but all of the above contribuuted to our club going backwards and sitting where we are. Ashley appointing Keegan delayed this scenario for a season, I fully believe we would have gone down under Sam, Ashley or no Ashley.

As the current owner Ashley (rightly) will be where the buck stops at the end of the season, but lets not kid ourselves that he took over a top 4 club with wonderful finances. He has gambled his reputation with us  through tightening the purse strings, Kinnear was forced upon him as he was trying to sell the club at the time and again, lets be honest when JK was offered a contract until the end of the season we were slowly pulling ourselves to safety so it made sense. Another 2 years however, wrong idea.

Sorry if its a bit muddled, but hopefully it makes a bit of sense

It doesn't make any sense. While all the above may have 'done wrong' (apart from the fans. Blaming them is daft) the situation we find ourselves in now is completely Ashley's fault. He owns this club, he wields the power and he can change things if they're not working. He answers to no one but himself.

Guest Darth Toon

I think we just have to accept that Ashley, Llambias and Wise haven't the first clue what they're doing. And why would they - not one of them has any prior experience in their current positions. They did however cleverly compensate for this lack of knowledge by bringing in a bloke who managed Wimbledon 10 years ago, and had such confidence in his ability they felt comfortable flogging some of our best players and making an 8 million profit in the transfer window.

His subsequent inconvenient major heart surgery unfortunately buggered their cunning plan, and now they're all reduced to perfecting their best Emperor Nero impersonations.

All indications are that Ashley in particular is either stubborn as fuck or just not very bright. All adds up to a disastrous combination for our poor club.

Guest Heneage

when keegan walked [again] ,all this s*** started ..... look after no.1 thats Kevins motto.

So Keegan was vitally important to the club? Pity he was allowed to leave then.

Make your mind up.

Chomp btw. :thup:

You say allowed to leave. But at that point what could be done? Say he could decide transfers in January, with no gurantee of money. There was faults on both sides. And clearly both of them didn't fancy swallowing pride. Its just a shame after all Keegan did he couldn't do it for the fans.

Guest Howaythetoon

We are now getting to see and feel why KK left - because those in charge are clueless and unprofessional. Remember KK was privy to their cluelessness and their unprofessionalism. We were not at the time, and why were we not? Because KK was hiding their weaknesses with performances on the pitch and we the fans put any fears to the backs of our minds about the new owner and his system because in KK we trusted and if KK was happy then so were we. KK left plenty of hints though and looking back we can now put together a time-line of events that transpired to piss him off to the extent where he felt "fuck this, I can't work with these idiots" and did what he will do 10 times out of 10 if he can't work with people, he left.

But still he gets stick and still some complete and utter fuckwits think he should have stayed around with all those reasons for him to stay changing and changing over time as the real truth unravels (the complete ineptitude and mismanagement of the club from atop). At first he should have stayed around to see who they would have bought in January but as we all know what happened in Jan that can no longer be trotted out so now he should have stayed on the quite frankly ridiculous basis that if he really did love us he'd stick around.

Aye Kev, never mind being undermined or having to answer to people who clearly don't share your passion, your committment, your ideas nor give a damn about your skills, your knowledge, your experience and even your standing with us lot, if you loved us you'd put up with anything.

Honestly, fuck right off. He's not your dad, someone who would give his life for you or make unbelievable sacrifices and the very fact many fans expect so much on that kind of level from people connected with the club be it KK or Shay Given ("should have stayed if he really loved us") to Mike Ashley ("should cut his losses if he genuinely cared about us") is fucking insane.

Get real!

Anyway, once again, if we stay up, will KK get some credit? And if not, why the hell not if he would be to blame in part if we went down?

Freddy Shepherd isn't to blame, nor is Souness, nor is KK or Keith Barret. The man responsible for all this mess is Mike Ashley.

The reason why there is no money to spend? Because Mike Ashley failed to do due dilligence and ever since has been on a cost cutting mission or a money saving mission.

The reason why that team of our is shit? See above.

The reason why no manager worth his salt would touch us? Well when you undermine a manager and prove yourself to be pretty fucking clueless and indeed reckless when it comes to the game not just once or twice but in every decision you make or every decision you don't make, well who would want to tie themselves to such a recipe of failure. Only the truly desparate and speaking of Joe Kinnear...

Who is responsible for him? Mike Ashley.

Who is responsible for Chris Hughton? Mike Ashley.

And Calderwood? Yep, wor Mike.

The buck stops with him.

We are all paying for his monumental financial gaffe that is the purchase of our club and his total inability to run it effectively and now his desire to get shot of it without making a hefty loss.

The sooner he does that the better so we can get away from this absolute football fuckwit who has no place in the game never mind at our club, he is that clueless.

To achieve what he has done since he took over defies belief it really does.

Just where will it end is the scary part because things will get much worse before they get any better.

I wouldn't mind but running this club should be the easiest thing in the world and when he brought KK back half the battle was won with one stroke of a lawyers pen on that contract.

KK didn't want the earth contrary to media bull shit fed by the club (Beckham, Henry, Ronaldinho et al :lol:) he just wanted to work with passionate, committed people who knew what they were doing and more importantly what he was doing or what he wanted to do and that was to build a team us lot could be proud of, one that could go to grounds like Old Trafford, play football, compete and pick up something. A Kevin Keegan side basically. One that played the game in the right spirit, that had ambition and played with passion and commitment. In essence everything KK stands for which is the complete opposite of what Ashley and his cronies stand for.

And what they stand for is also opposite of what we the fans stand for and Newcastle United.

Oh and I love how a god number in here are now turning and finally seeing them for what they are and that is people who are no good for this club.

Sadly our position in the table is what has opened peoples eyes.

Me? The moment KK decided he couldn't work with them opened mine.

If KK feels they are no good, they really are no good.

But still, if he really loved us...

Again: FUCK OFF!

We are now getting to see and feel why KK left - because those in charge are clueless and unprofessional. Remember KK was privy to their cluelessness and their unprofessionalism. We were not at the time, and why were we not? Because KK was hiding their weaknesses with performances on the pitch and we the fans put any fears to the backs of our minds about the new owner and his system because in KK we trusted and if KK was happy then so were we. KK left plenty of hints though and looking back we can now put together a time-line of events that transpired to piss him off to the extent where he felt "fuck this, I can't work with these idiots" and did what he will do 10 times out of 10 if he can't work with people, he left.

But still he gets stick and still some complete and utter fuckwits think he should have stayed around with all those reasons for him to stay changing and changing over time as the real truth unravels (the complete ineptitude and mismanagement of the club from atop). At first he should have stayed around to see who they would have bought in January but as we all know what happened in Jan that can no longer be trotted out so now he should have stayed on the quite frankly ridiculous basis that if he really did love us he'd stick around.

Aye Kev, never mind being undermined or having to answer to people who clearly don't share your passion, your committment, your ideas nor give a damn about your skills, your knowledge, your experience and even your standing with us lot, if you loved us you'd put up with anything.

Honestly, fuck right off. He's not your dad, someone who would give his life for you or make unbelievable sacrifices and the very fact many fans expect so much on that kind of level from people connected with the club be it KK or Shay Given ("should have stayed if he really loved us") to Mike Ashley ("should cut his losses if he genuinely cared about us") is fucking insane.

Get real!

Anyway, once again, if we stay up, will KK get some credit? And if not, why the hell not if he would be to blame in part if we went down?

Freddy Shepherd isn't to blame, nor is Souness, nor is KK or Keith Barret. The man responsible for all this mess is Mike Ashley.

The reason why there is no money to spend? Because Mike Ashley failed to do due dilligence and ever since has been on a cost cutting mission or a money saving mission.

The reason why that team of our is shit? See above.

The reason why no manager worth his salt would touch us? Well when you undermine a manager and prove yourself to be pretty fucking clueless and indeed reckless when it comes to the game not just once or twice but in every decision you make or every decision you don't make, well who would want to tie themselves to such a recipe of failure. Only the truly desparate and speaking of Joe Kinnear...

Who is responsible for him? Mike Ashley.

Who is responsible for Chris Hughton? Mike Ashley.

And Calderwood? Yep, wor Mike.

The buck stops with him.

We are all paying for his monumental financial gaffe that is the purchase of our club and his total inability to run it effectively and now his desire to get shot of it without making a hefty loss.

The sooner he does that the better so we can get away from this absolute football fuckwit who has no place in the game never mind at our club, he is that clueless.

To achieve what he has done since he took over defies belief it really does.

Just where will it end is the scary part because things will get much worse before they get any better.

I wouldn't mind but running this club should be the easiest thing in the world and when he brought KK back half the battle was won with one stroke of a lawyers pen on that contract.

KK didn't want the earth contrary to media bull shit fed by the club (Beckham, Henry, Ronaldinho et al :lol:) he just wanted to work with passionate, committed people who knew what they were doing and more importantly what he was doing or what he wanted to do and that was to build a team us lot could be proud of, one that could go to grounds like Old Trafford, play football, compete and pick up something. A Kevin Keegan side basically. One that played the game in the right spirit, that had ambition and played with passion and commitment. In essence everything KK stands for which is the complete opposite of what Ashley and his cronies stand for.

And what they stand for is also opposite of what we the fans stand for and Newcastle United.

Oh and I love how a god number in here are now turning and finally seeing them for what they are and that is people who are no good for this club.

Sadly our position in the table is what has opened peoples eyes.

Me? The moment KK decided he couldn't work with them opened mine.

If KK feels they are no good, they really are no good.

But still, if he really loved us...

Again: FUCK OFF!

my argument all along.

There was plenty of time to get in a decent manager, refresh the squad and move forward.  Instead we got in Joe Kinnear, have failed to even invest transfer proceeds in the squad and have tolerated Hughton as caretaker manager when he is totally out of his depth.  Since Keegan left we have seen inertia, equivocation, compacency, myopia, incompetence.

There's only one person to blame for that, see the OP.

Top post. Obviously I didn't have the will power to read it all but from the bits I did it sounded spot on.

:lol:

responding to HTT's post - you can see why keegan left and how bad the working relationship was just from the juvenile press releases at the time, the "it is a fact" one specifically. There were also leaks to the press that tried to do a hatchet job on Keegan while painting in the club in a good light, which just backfired and made the people in charge look clueless and puerile - rubbishing plans to sign the likes of Dunne because he has no "resale value" and admitting that other board members referred to "the madness of king kev." The amazing thing is that the club actually thought childish shit like that would impress us. in reality they were digging their own grave.

goes without saying that the club has been ran terribly since then.

There was plenty of time to get in a decent manager, refresh the squad and move forward.  Instead we got in Joe Kinnear, have failed to even invest transfer proceeds in the squad and have tolerated Hughton as caretaker manager when he is totally out of his depth.  Since Keegan left we have seen inertia, equivocation, compacency, myopia, incompetence.

There's only one person to blame for that, see the OP.

Everything you said x100.

Top post. Obviously I didn't have the will power to read it all but from the bits I did it sounded spot on.

responding to HTT's post - you can see why keegan left and how bad the working relationship was just from the juvenile press releases at the time, the "it is a fact" one specifically. There were also leaks to the press that tried to do a hatchet job on Keegan while painting in the club in a good light, which just backfired and made the people in charge look clueless and puerile - rubbishing plans to sign the likes of Dunne because he has no "resale value" and admitting that other board members referred to "the madness of king kev." The amazing thing is that the club actually thought childish shit like that would impress us. in reality they were digging their own grave.

i dont know how much relegation will cost us £3o million ish,.. if they had left keegan in charge, and give him that 30 mil,.. i believe we would be sniffing round europe, and Ashleys asset would be appreciating,.we would be watching exciting attacking football, What a fucking mess Ashley has made, it would have been cheaper to back keegan, you fucking fuckwit.

i dont know how much relegation will cost us £3o million ish,.. if they had left keegan in charge, and give him that 30 mil,.. i believe we would be sniffing round europe, and Ashleys asset would be appreciating,.we would be watching exciting attacking football, What a fucking mess Ashley has made, it would have been cheaper to back keegan, you fucking fuckwit.

Guest Brummiemag

Spot on, what a fucking mess of this Ashley has made.

Im not gonna blame JFK either, he's a decent fella trying to do his best but his best isn't good enough.  Its all down to Ashley

Making Keegan's position untenable was Ashley's biggest mistake and then he followed it up by failing to invest in January, a huge gamble that looks like its going catastrophically backfire in our faces and set us back for years and years to come