Financial meltdown?

Guest Wally_McFool

same old same old; make a statement that's just vague enough to not see him pinned down if it doesn't happen yet his "wisdom" tells us it might

but then again it might not

same as when MA took over - he was sure MA was bad and that things would go south, no reasons why or any of that shit just vague "be careful what you wish for" tripe

reminds me of the south park skit of psychics where they pull apart the bullshit they spin

Again nothing, no response at all to my question.  Tell you what, you respond to my question and then I'll respond to yours, you know since I asked first.

basically, you said its laughable. I say it isn't. You can't say things are laughable when they suit you ..... with Ashley's record so far I wouldn't dismiss it so easily if I were you

I'll dismiss it if it makes absolutely no sense obviously.  Much like an article that suggests Ashley has decided to cut his own legs off, I'm not going to believe that story no matter how much I distrust him and I do distrust him by the way.

You seem to believe Ashley would gain from putting the club into administration, I'm asking you how would he gain?  Its a genuine question for anyone here by the way, have I missed something?  How does putting a club he owns completely (including all the debt) into administration help the man?

Where did he go? :lol:

still think "anyone but Shepherd" would be good for the club do you  :coolsmiley:

As we discussed before, I never ever actually said that and when Ashley took over I told people not to get too excited that we are owned by a billionaire and not to expect us to do a Chelsea.

The more you post, the more you look like an idiot. Your arguments are always floored by the simple fact you have already chosen what the other person thinks and won't listen when they say different.

The whole basis of every single one of your arguments is you think Shepherd and Co did fantastically well and anyone who dares think any different is an Ashley supporter. This is why people are always laughing at you.

same old same old; make a statement that's just vague enough to not see him pinned down if it doesn't happen yet his "wisdom" tells us it might

same as when MA took over - he was sure MA was bad and that things would go south, no reasons why or any of that shit just vague "be careful what you wish for" tripe

reminds me of the south park skit of psychics where they pull apart the bullshit they spin

I did give a reason why "things would go south", you should have listened.

Again nothing, no response at all to my question.  Tell you what, you respond to my question and then I'll respond to yours, you know since I asked first.

basically, you said its laughable. I say it isn't. You can't say things are laughable when they suit you ..... with Ashley's record so far I wouldn't dismiss it so easily if I were you

I'll dismiss it if it makes absolutely no sense obviously.  Much like an article that suggests Ashley has decided to cut his own legs off, I'm not going to believe that story no matter how much I distrust him and I do distrust him by the way.

You seem to believe Ashley would gain from putting the club into administration, I'm asking you how would he gain?  Its a genuine question for anyone here by the way, have I missed something?  How does putting a club he owns completely (including all the debt) into administration help the man?

still think "anyone but Shepherd" would be good for the club do you  :coolsmiley:

As we discussed before, I never ever actually said that and when Ashley took over I told people not to get too excited that we are owned by a billionaire and not to expect us to do a Chelsea.

The more you post, the more you look like an idiot. Your arguments are always floored by the simple fact you have already chosen what the other person thinks and won't listen when they say different.

The whole basis of every single one of your arguments is you think Shepherd and Co did fantastically well and anyone who dares think any different is an Ashley supporter. This is why people are always laughing at you.

Well, I don't think I am "floored" when I called it all correctly ? So who's the idiot.....

Things could get a lot lot worse yet. We weren't going the way of Leeds a few years ago, but we certainly are now.

In actual fact, yes I do think the Halls and Shepherd did a great job during their 15 years running the club, and yes I also think if anybody doesn't appreciate that, then yes, they are an idiot.

Well, I don't think I am "floored" when I called it all correctly ? So who's the idiot.....

Things could get a lot lot worse yet. We weren't going the way of Leeds a few years ago, but we certainly are now.

You look an idiot because you are arguing with people for "backing Ashley" etc.. when they aren't, you idiot.

Claiming people are thinking something they aren't is just one of your things these days though.

You look an idiot because you are arguing with people for "backing Ashley" etc.. when they aren't, you idiot.

Claiming people are thinking something they aren't is just one of your things these days though.

They DID back Ashley, and they DID think anyone but the Halls and Shepherd would be automatically better. Which was - at the time - clearly idiotic, and still is. Care to accept that statement now ?

They DID back Ashley, and they DID think anyone but the Halls and Shepherd would be automatically better. Which was - at the time - clearly idiotic, and still is. Care to accept that statement now ?

Who is "they"? your comment was clearly directed at me.

alls i can personally remember was you calling things too early and stuff like "running the club like a sweetshop" etc... when you had no proof to back up that that was what was going to happen

that it's turned out like that is neither here nor there as in my and opinion, and those of many others, you'd made your mind up about MA due to your fondness for the old boards achievements

as i say this is how i recall it - not a chance given to MA from day one from your side, if it wasn't like that then you can have my apologies in advance mate

Guest north shields lad

If it happened, then the clubs assets would be sold off cheap (the players) and he would get his 120 million that way, the club would be then worth a lot less, but if he could then sell it for 80 million, and it would be debt free so he might, he would get atleast 200 million back.

If it happened, then the clubs assets would be sold off cheap (the players) and he would get his 120 million that way, the club would be then worth a lot less, but if he could then sell it for 80 million, and it would be debt free so he might, he would get atleast 200 million back.

£120m from players being sold on the cheap? :lol: we would be lucky to get that much if we managed to get full price for them!

just for interest, had a quick look for sarcastic type comments totally disregarding reports from a newspaper to back up my earlier post. Which was obviously easy to find.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,52644.msg1318510.html#msg1318510

I think people just like to disagree with me sometimes. I stand by my comments, nothing surprises me what Ashley does, I am not sure why he would take the club into administration. As most of what he has done has made little sense to me, who knows what he is thinking.

that is the only thing I can think of too, re - any reason for doing it.

just for interest, had a quick look for sarcastic type comments totally disregarding reports from a newspaper to back up my earlier post. Which was obviously easy to find.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,52644.msg1318510.html#msg1318510

I think people just like to disagree with me sometimes. I stand by my comments, nothing surprises me what Ashley does, I am not sure why he would take the club into administration. As most of what he has done has made little sense to me, who knows what he is thinking.

People disagree with you because you make up what they think.

that is the only thing I can think of too, re - any reason for doing it.

nope, as teasy pointed out he'd have no control over what happened if the administrators came in so it makes no sense, they'd strip everything for whatever fees they could get

the 150m he paid for the club isn't a loan as i understand it therefore he'd only stand to recoup a fraction of the 110m loan he put in after buying

then if the admins sold the club he'd get that...however 200m is a fuckin dream

all of that said it's the only reason i can think of too but it's still bollocks

alls i can personally remember was you calling things too early and stuff like "running the club like a sweetshop" etc... when you had no proof to back up that that was what was going to happen

that it's turned out like that is neither here nor there as in my and opinion, and those of many others, you'd made your mind up about MA due to your fondness for the old boards achievements

as i say this is how i recall it - not a chance given to MA from day one from your side, if it wasn't like that then you can have my apologies in advance mate

its nothing to do with the old board, other than maybe a bit more awareness of how well they had done, which stands alongside the realisation that it would be difficult to do better, which I tried to explain on numerous occasions as you know.

I also didn't pay upfront for 3 seasons hoping he would "fail" or anything, I would have been pleased to have been wrong which goes without saying, and I have still no intention whatsoever of trying to get the remaining 2 years back, although a reduction in line with the current reduced offers and the 2.5 percent change in VAT would be appreciated.

I've got more reasons than most for hoping this club will achieve real success and win at least one trophy in the next 10-20 years.

no I don't. 

You are now telling me what I think ?

no I don't. 

You have done it to me in this very thread man :lol:

its nothing to do with the old board, other than maybe a bit more awareness of how well they had done, which stands alongside the realisation that it would be difficult to do better, which I tried to explain on numerous occasions as you know.

this i understand but you've done nothing but use it as a stick to beat MA's regime with the whole time

again iirc excluding the transfer window the summer he took over everyone could see extenuating circumstances for the lack of transfers (basically up to the one just gone) and were giving the guy time the while you were chirping in the background about sweetshops and that

you fail to acknowledge the poor financial state the club was in and insist he's "making a profit" despite in this thread suggesting he'll take a 50m loss to get rid of the club!!!

this i understand but you've done nothing but use it as a stick to beat MA's regime with the whole time

again iirc excluding the transfer window the summer he took over everyone could see extenuating circumstances for the lack of transfers (basically up to the one just gone) and were giving the guy time the while you were chirping in the background about sweetshops and that

you fail to acknowledge the poor financial state the club was in and insist he's "making a profit" despite in this thread suggesting he'll take a 50m loss to get rid of the club!!!

that's not really correct. My view on how he wishes to run the club is along the same lines that I have explained already and agreed with cp40

If we go down, he'll just spend less. I just don't think he has any intention of running this club like the other big clubs, and competing with them on the level we should, ever.

that's not really correct. My view on how he wishes to run the club is along the same lines that I have explained already and agreed with cp40

If we go down, he'll just spend less. I just don't think he has any intention of running this club like the other big clubs, and competing with them on the level we should, ever.

so you didn't say he was in it to make a profit?

Ashley is running his "business model" exactly as he intended now

get a grip man

why do you disagree ?

his business model was for us to be in the bottom 3 in early april was it?

there's a huge difference between frustratingly incompetent decision making and "a plan" as we saw with FS

the man is fucking up royally, to say he's following a plan is mental - i don't even think he's following his original financial plan due to a number of external factors that have occurred since he bought the club, never mind any football plan he might have had

that's why and it gives him precisely 0% credit before you start

I said business model, not football model. He thought that we would always get capacity crowds, or close to, whatever our league position, and probably thought we always had had capacity crowds. In other words he was a clueless tosspot like many other people.

What he doesn't understand - like many other people - is that the success on the pitch drives the success of the business [in an industry where very few clubs if any make profits] and not the other way around.

I've seen many blind views on these message boards over the years, but the blind and misunderstood hatred of the old regime is by far the worst, which I could understand up to a point by those who didn't know any different, but what amazes me now is the amount of people still clinging to it, and attempting to justify Ashley watching the team go down and down while clinging to his "plan", whatever it is.

you didn't read a single fucking word i wrote did you?

i'm so disappointed in myself that i even got involved again, find someone else mate i know you talk a modicum of sense but i'm refusing to be ignored in discussions these days...if you want to acknowledge the precipice the club was on before ashley bought it then we'll talk otherwise lets carry on with the detente, i prefer it that way

of course I read what you said..........but I think his "plan" is first and foremost to just make a profit. Throw in lots of football related knowledge he didn't have, and you get out what we have now. Basically, I agree with what cp40 is saying. He has misjudged our support in terms of the extent of it, foolishly thinking we would draw those crowds whatever happened, and decided he would spend less and just stay in the premirership.

All he had to do was look at the history books and he would have seen that it was the old regime who attracted the crowds back to the club, sadly Ashley is driving them out again.

PROFIT?  still?  really?

so you didn't say he was in it to make a profit?

Ashley is running his "business model" exactly as he intended now

get a grip man

why do you disagree ?

his business model was for us to be in the bottom 3 in early april was it?

there's a huge difference between frustratingly incompetent decision making and "a plan" as we saw with FS

the man is fucking up royally, to say he's following a plan is mental - i don't even think he's following his original financial plan due to a number of external factors that have occurred since he bought the club, never mind any football plan he might have had

that's why and it gives him precisely 0% credit before you start

I said business model, not football model. He thought that we would always get capacity crowds, or close to, whatever our league position, and probably thought we always had had capacity crowds. In other words he was a clueless tosspot like many other people.

What he doesn't understand - like many other people - is that the success on the pitch drives the success of the business [in an industry where very few clubs if any make profits] and not the other way around.

I've seen many blind views on these message boards over the years, but the blind and misunderstood hatred of the old regime is by far the worst, which I could understand up to a point by those who didn't know any different, but what amazes me now is the amount of people still clinging to it, and attempting to justify Ashley watching the team go down and down while clinging to his "plan", whatever it is.

you didn't read a single fucking word i wrote did you?

i'm so disappointed in myself that i even got involved again, find someone else mate i know you talk a modicum of sense but i'm refusing to be ignored in discussions these days...if you want to acknowledge the precipice the club was on before ashley bought it then we'll talk otherwise lets carry on with the detente, i prefer it that way

of course I read what you said..........but I think his "plan" is first and foremost to just make a profit. Throw in lots of football related knowledge he didn't have, and you get out what we have now. Basically, I agree with what cp40 is saying. He has misjudged our support in terms of the extent of it, foolishly thinking we would draw those crowds whatever happened, and decided he would spend less and just stay in the premirership.

All he had to do was look at the history books and he would have seen that it was the old regime who attracted the crowds back to the club, sadly Ashley is driving them out again.

PROFIT?  still?  really?

he'll maybe try to, and maybe think he can. But it will be at the expense of backing his manager, and thats what I realised a long time ago. So forget about qualifying for europe, or hoping to reach Cup Finals, or even reaching a mid table premiership position, because this will be considered success, especially if we can make a small profit while doing it.

no I don't. 

BTW mate, the general opinion on the other message boards is that this one has the most Ashley-backers on it. So it isn't just me.

jesus i'll probably get banned for keeping this up but he's losing a lot of money just keeping the club on an even keel right now so "small profit" is miles away man, the dudes firefighting and has been since day one

now we do both agree his firefighting has displayed a massive lack of knowledge of the game of football and it's proving to be the catalyst in our demise

incidentally do you honestly think his major intention when buying NUFC was profit?

no I don't. 

BTW mate, the general opinion on the other message boards is that this one has the most Ashley-backers on it. So it isn't just me.

You post on here, you Ashley backer you!

who in gods name backs ashley?  there's a difference between looking at both sides and backing the travesty he's made of things

not saying they're not on the forum, just i haven't seen 'em