Financial meltdown?

Guest Wally_McFool

jesus i'll probably get banned for keeping this up but he's losing a lot of money just keeping the club on an even keel right now so "small profit" is miles away man, the dudes firefighting and has been since day one

now we do both agree his firefighting has displayed a massive lack of knowledge of the game of football and it's proving to be the catalyst in our demise

incidentally do you honestly think his major intention when buying NUFC was profit?

why would you get banned ?

I don't know what his major intention was, what do you think it was ? I'm GUESSING that he didn't understand football too much, looked at our crowds, revenue and thought that he could make a small profit while retaining the income and spending less - and/or

owning it for a few years and selling it on for a profit. Which is where he's come unstuck, because he had no wider understanding or knowledge of the football club.

He clearly doesn't want to compete in the way the other big clubs do, and we are a big club, aren't we ?

Ashley has truly fucked up.

Strange that a man like him became a billionaire in the first place. He really seems like a first class idiot, and it isnt about football, it is about simple decisions that he failed to correctly make.

just for interest, had a quick look for sarcastic type comments totally disregarding reports from a newspaper to back up my earlier post. Which was obviously easy to find.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,52644.msg1318510.html#msg1318510

I think people just like to disagree with me sometimes. I stand by my comments, nothing surprises me what Ashley does, I am not sure why he would take the club into administration. As most of what he has done has made little sense to me, who knows what he is thinking.

People disagree with you because you make up what they think.

no I don't. 

You are now telling me what I think ?

You have done it to me in this very thread man :lol:

BTW mate, the general opinion on the other message boards is that this one has the most Ashley-backers on it. So it isn't just me.

Probably also got the highest average-IQ from regular contributors

just for interest, had a quick look for sarcastic type comments totally disregarding reports from a newspaper to back up my earlier post. Which was obviously easy to find.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,52644.msg1318510.html#msg1318510

I think people just like to disagree with me sometimes. I stand by my comments, nothing surprises me what Ashley does, I am not sure why he would take the club into administration. As most of what he has done has made little sense to me, who knows what he is thinking.

no I don't. 

BTW mate, the general opinion on the other message boards is that this one has the most Ashley-backers on it. So it isn't just me.

What does that mean though? I don't "back" Ashley but I have given him probably more leeway than he deserved. I think like a lot of people here I'd far prefer to "back" someone else, a Geordie consortium, rich arabs, billionaire yanks or the Mittal family. I just wish someone would buy the club so I could give them some proper backing.

no I don't. 

I think this is the most pro Ashley board, or at least was, at the time i was banned a couple months ago.

jesus i'll probably get banned for keeping this up but he's losing a lot of money just keeping the club on an even keel right now so "small profit" is miles away man, the dudes firefighting and has been since day one

now we do both agree his firefighting has displayed a massive lack of knowledge of the game of football and it's proving to be the catalyst in our demise

incidentally do you honestly think his major intention when buying NUFC was profit?

I don't know what his major intention was, what do you think it was ? I'm GUESSING that he didn't understand football too much, looked at our crowds, revenue and thought that he could make a small profit while retaining the income and spending less - and/or

owning it for a few years and selling it on for a profit. Which is where he's come unstuck, because he had no wider understanding or knowledge of the football club.

He clearly doesn't want to compete in the way the other big clubs do, and we are a big club, aren't we ?

would you care to tell us how we should compete with the big clubs ?

we should compete with big clubs, by getting in a manager, whos seasons would finish, 1st, 3rd, 6th, 2nd, 2nd,,,,,,,,i wonder who that would be????

eerrr.......by buying players that help us to qualify regularly for europe like they do ?

eerrr.......by buying players that help us to qualify regularly for europe like they do ?

this, and when compared to relegation, this costs nothing.

this, and when compared to relegation, this costs nothing.

I don't know how many times I've tried to tell them.

what with ?

i wonder why everyone doesn't do this ?

what with ?

So you still prefer Ashleys spend nothing and make a profit in transfer windows policy, and resultant relegation, to his predecessors policy of aiming to compete with the top clubs ? Unless of course you think we are a small club like Charlton, Bolton etc ?

what with ?

So you still prefer Ashleys spend nothing and make a profit in transfer windows policy, and resultant relegation, to his predecessors policy of aiming to compete with the top clubs ? Unless of course you think we are a small club like Charlton, Bolton etc ?

i asked "what with" ?

what with ?

i asked "what with" ?

the same stuff as everybody else who is operating at a profit uses , including all those clubs with more revenue and higher gates than us, particularly. Fancy thinking we are one of the biggest clubs, blimey, whoever gave some of us that idea.

I hope you are looking forward to competing at the level of Bolton, Charlton etc as you are advocating it. Its a highly strategic plan this, that the club has just now, refusing to hand over 20m quid or so to your manager and watching the clubs value fall by 100m instead. Its obvious the old regime have been getting it wrong all these years, we should have been playing in the 2nd division and making a profit instead of the San Siro.

Liverpool and Arsenal take note !!!

what with ?

i asked "what with" ?

the same stuff as everybody else who is operating at a profit uses , including all those clubs with more revenue and higher gates than us, particularly. Fancy thinking we are one of the biggest clubs, blimey, whoever gave some of us that idea.

I hope you are looking forward to competing at the level of Bolton, Charlton etc as you are advocating it. Its a highly strategic plan this, that the club has just now, refusing to hand over 20m quid or so to your manager and watching the clubs value fall by 100m instead. Its obvious the old regime have been getting it wrong all these years, we should have been playing in the 2nd division and making a profit instead of the San Siro.

and how many seasons do you see us doing that before we have too much debt for the position we are/were  in,ie losing money hand over fist and dropping down the league,  or the banks just say "sorry...no more credit" ?

you really do think we should just carry on borrowing regardless don't you ?

what with ?

i asked "what with" ?

and how many seasons do you see us doing that before we have too much debt for the position we are/were  in,ie losing money hand over fist and dropping down the league,  or the banks just say "sorry...no more credit" ?

you really think everybody else is making a profit don't you, and we are the only club with a debt ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2301797/Deloitte-football-finance-review-Club-by-club-Premier-League-analysis.html

what with ?

i asked "what with" ?

you really think everybody else is making a profit don't you, and we are the only club with a debt ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2301797/Deloitte-football-finance-review-Club-by-club-Premier-League-analysis.html

please point me to where i say everyone else makes a profit. i can point you to where i say debt isn't even necessarily a bad thing.

so you do think we should just keep on borrowing regardless ?

in that link you posted under the man utd bit there is an interesting bit about the "comfort level" which compares wages to turnover ratioo. as it says "the key performance indicator to a clubs welfare"

wonder what ours is like ?

that link you posted....liverpool £56mill of debt and they have all that champs league money aswell.

look at most of the others. those with a lot of debt (like us) and without champs league size income (like us) are fastening their belts in a good bit tighter.

good link that really. proves what most of us have been saying for a while. thanks for that.

The Tooth Fairy?

first class contribution.

Yes, it was, wasn't it? A very economical way of pointing out that anyone who believes Keegan is likely to return, or that the Keegan of today, in the football climate of today, would be likely to repeat his successes of 15 or more years ago, is living in a total fantasy world.

Even Keegan knows it, as his outburst after the Chelsea match made very clear to anyone not blinded by sentiment and an inability to distinguish 2009 from 1992.

The Tooth Fairy?

first class contribution.

Yes, it was, wasn't it? A very economical way of pointing out that anyone who believes Keegan is likely to return, or that the Keegan of today, in the football climate of today, would be likely to repeat his successes of 15 or more years ago, is living in a total fantasy world.

Even Keegan knows it, as his outburst after the Chelsea match made very clear to anyone not blinded by sentiment and an inability to distinguish 2009 from 1992.

no it wasn't, it was childish in the extreme, and pretty daft IMO by you, again.

You are right about the need to succeed, and you are right about Keegan knowing it, but did you say this at the time, or have you cottoned on yet that Ashley - unlike his predecessors - doesn't understand what it takes to be successful ?

that link you posted....liverpool £56mill of debt and they have all that champs league money aswell.

look at most of the others. those with a lot of debt (like us) and without champs league size income (like us) are fastening their belts in a good bit tighter.

good link that really. proves what most of us have been saying for a while. thanks for that.

it doesn't prove what you have said, and many others. What it shows is that going by comments made on numerous occasions by people on here, the entire premiership is at deaths door.