Financial meltdown?

Guest Wally_McFool

Trolling isn't stating facts or your opinion.

Trolling (amongst other things) is making up what others say and think in order to get a reaction.

You seem highly skilled at the latter.

examples ?

Remember, Toonlass, Blefescu made up something about me the other day ..... hot on the heels of accusing me of doing precisely the same thing when I hadn't.

My last post is still correct, and how I see it Dave.

None of the quotes in my sig are made up either BTW

That is wrong and you know it. You have continually made insinuations about me and how long I have been going to the games. You could also attempt to spell my user name right too.

For your information I have enclosed a link which explains what being a troll on the internet is. This makes no insinuation that anyone is one on here, its just to clear up any misunderstandings on what a troll may be.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

As I asked further down, please point out where I said "the last year of the Shepherd and Hall era was brilliant". Or admit that its a lie, or an untruth at best. Precisely the point I'm making. I hope nobody asks us to settle this by pm when you blocked me for attempting to do it already ........

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60869.msg1772415.html#msg1772415

:mackems:

It is the assumption you give. Shepherd and Hall could do no wrong. I apologise if I misconstrued you. And you know I didn't block you for attempting to explain anything at all

typical woman. You know you did.

As I've said on numerous occasions they made mistakes, particularly when I was one of the minority on here who refused to give Souness time [just like Ashley in fact].....this point you make is mistaken too. I'll take it as an unintentional untruth and won't hold it against you.

I know I did what?

Blocked you? Of course I know I blocked you. As you were sending me pm's that were telling me to "bugger off".

Did you think that Shepherd and Hall appointing Roeder and Allardyce was ambitious?

I told you to bugger off because you denied you were lying, when I quoted the exact phrase above.

You have stated that "no, I don't think the performance was average at all in the bigger scheme of things" when asked about the final years of Sir John Hall and Shepherd's tenure. I have already apologised for using the phrase "brilliant" but how can you not see that part of the reason we are in the situation we are in now is because SJH and Shepherd overspent buying players who were not up to the standard we required to keep qualifying for Europe?

Well, as you've just pm'd me again, and presumably still blocked me, then I explained what I meant but it doesn't take away your own hypocrisy.

Please keep the thread on topic.

its a reply to your pm as you pm'd me and stopped me replying.

It did not require a reply thank you.

no. If you pm me, you will get a reply if I decide to reply to you

sage ne5, sage.

Trolling (amongst other things) is making up what others say and think in order to get a reaction.

examples ?

Remember, Toonlass, Blefescu made up something about me the other day ..... hot on the heels of accusing me of doing precisely the same thing when I hadn't.

That is wrong and you know it. You have continually made insinuations about me and how long I have been going to the games. You could also attempt to spell my user name right too.

For your information I have enclosed a link which explains what being a troll on the internet is. This makes no insinuation that anyone is one on here, its just to clear up any misunderstandings on what a troll may be.

As I asked further down, please point out where I said "the last year of the Shepherd and Hall era was brilliant". Or admit that its a lie, or an untruth at best. Precisely the point I'm making. I hope nobody asks us to settle this by pm when you blocked me for attempting to do it already ........

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60869.msg1772415.html#msg1772415

It is the assumption you give. Shepherd and Hall could do no wrong. I apologise if I misconstrued you. And you know I didn't block you for attempting to explain anything at all

As I've said on numerous occasions they made mistakes, particularly when I was one of the minority on here who refused to give Souness time [just like Ashley in fact].....this point you make is mistaken too. I'll take it as an unintentional untruth and won't hold it against you.

I know I did what?

Blocked you? Of course I know I blocked you. As you were sending me pm's that were telling me to "bugger off".

Did you think that Shepherd and Hall appointing Roeder and Allardyce was ambitious?

I told you to bugger off because you denied you were lying, when I quoted the exact phrase above.

You have stated that "no, I don't think the performance was average at all in the bigger scheme of things" when asked about the final years of Sir John Hall and Shepherd's tenure. I have already apologised for using the phrase "brilliant" but how can you not see that part of the reason we are in the situation we are in now is because SJH and Shepherd overspent buying players who were not up to the standard we required to keep qualifying for Europe?

Well, as you've just pm'd me again, and presumably still blocked me, then I explained what I meant but it doesn't take away your own hypocrisy.

Please keep the thread on topic.

its a reply to your pm as you pm'd me and stopped me replying.

It did not require a reply thank you.

no. If you pm me, you will get a reply if I decide to reply to you

im confused

Guest toonlass

Does NE5 think that Shepherd and Hall appointing Roeder and Allardyce was ambitious? Without referring to Chelsea and Grant which has nothing to do with Newcastle United. If it was ambitious, how was it?

Does NE5 think that Shepherd and Hall appointing Roeder and Allardyce was ambitious? Without referring to Chelsea and Grant which has nothing to do with Newcastle United. If it was ambitious, how was it?

I tried to pm you, rather than go off topic.

examples ?

I know I did what?

it wasn't up to them to make the judgement on the players. They backed their manager, a lot better than not. The result of that is to look at the league table.

Sooooo did you think that Shepherd and Hall appointing Roeder and Allardyce was ambitious?

As ambitious as Chelsea appointing Grant ? Or is it just us who don't appoint the 2 or 3 winning managers ?

Didn't Grant get them to the Champions League final?

eerr.......didn't Roeder get us to 7th and qualify for europe ?

Guest toonlass

examples ?

I know I did what?

it wasn't up to them to make the judgement on the players. They backed their manager, a lot better than not. The result of that is to look at the league table.

Sooooo did you think that Shepherd and Hall appointing Roeder and Allardyce was ambitious?

As ambitious as Chelsea appointing Grant ? Or is it just us who don't appoint the 2 or 3 winning managers ?

Slight difference between us getting into Europe via the Intertoto Cup and getting beat by AZ, and getting to the Champions League final though, no?

How is that off topic? Was it ambitious, a yes or no will do?

He took over the reins in Feb 2006, and with Shearer as assistant they enjoyed the upturn in form and passion quite common when an unpopular manager leaves the post. They gained 8 places in the league in that time. The following season revealed his true colours I would say.

Surely you're not trying to say Roeder was a good appointment that reflected the ambition of the club?

examples ?

I know I did what?

Slight difference between us getting into Europe via the Intertoto Cup and getting beat by AZ, and getting to the Champions League final though, no?

so thats why you think the Halls and Shepherd are shit ? Because they didn't get to the Champions League Final ?

He took over the reins in Feb 2006, and with Shearer as assistant they enjoyed the upturn in form and passion quite common when an unpopular manager leaves the post. They gained 8 places in the league in that time. The following season revealed his true colours I would say.

Surely you're not trying to say Roeder was a good appointment that reflected the ambition of the club?

As ambitious as Roy Evans at Liverpool, Vialli and Grant at Chelsea, wilf McGuiness at manu, Bruce Rioch at Arsenal, Josef Venglos at villa, Tony Adams at Portsmouth, to name a few. Oh, I forgot, we are the only club that appoints managers who don't win a shitload of titles and cups, never the right one.

Guest toonlass

examples ?

I know I did what?

so thats why you think the Halls and Shepherd are shit ? Because they didn't get to the Champions League Final ?

No, that's another bad assumption on your part. Care to answer my question, its not that hard you know.

examples ?

I know I did what?

No, that's another bad assumption on your part. Care to answer my question, its not that hard you know.

no it isn't. I think its a totally realistic and correct perspective.

What do you think of a board who qualifies for europe more than any club bar 4 ? Does it mean you think only 4 clubs have good boards ? Thats a fairly simple enough question.

examples ?

I know I did what?

didn't we spend most of that season worrying about relegation ?. wasn't that season preceeded and followed by finishes below half way? did everyone feel for all we finished 7th that season the overall trend was one of going backwards as witnessed by the actual displays on the pitch ?

examples ?

I know I did what?

so thats why you think the Halls and Shepherd are s*** ? Because they didn't get to the Champions League Final ?

What do you think of a board who qualifies for europe more than any club bar 4 ? Does it mean you think only 4 clubs have good boards ? Thats a fairly simple enough question.

Great, as long as its not living beyond a clubs means. i.e. Leeds got further in Europe than anyone outside the top 4 in Europe during the last 20 years, but they couldn't afford it when the inevitable happened and they failed to qualify one year. Thats off topic though.

Remember the words, LOST THE PLOT.

examples ?

I know I did what?

so thats why you think the Halls and Shepherd are s*** ? Because they didn't get to the Champions League Final ?

Great, as long as its not living beyond a clubs means. i.e. Leeds got further in Europe than anyone outside the top 4 in Europe during the last 20 years, but they couldn't afford it when the inevitable happened and they failed to qualify one year. Thats off topic though.

I'm not really interested in Leeds. I'd rather keep trying to emulate the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal. After all, if you don't do that, whats the point ?

Settling for mediocrity ?

We are heading the way of Leeds now though.

Guest toonlass

examples ?

I know I did what?

Amazing that; you know what I think better than I do. Do you also know the lottery numbers for friday evening in the Euro-lottery.

I think the old board did a reasonable job footballing wise, and made a total shambles of the financial side. This came to a head around 2003/2004 when everything started going tits up, Sir John realised that if things continued in the same vein Newcastle United's sale price would go down and sold up to Ashley. Ashley was a mug for not completing due diligence, as other parties who then chose to walk (or run away laughing) did and has failed to invest in the club chosing to try and stabilise the spiralling debts. Both the old and new owners and boards have their faults. I have already said, on many occassions, that the football was excellent under Sir John Hall's reign, but we have been left with terrible financial problems because of stupid spending, and we were already on the road we are on now when Ashley bought the club. This doesn't negate Ashley's responsibility, but both Sir John and Fred Shepherd have to take some responsibility too for spending far too much money.

examples ?

I know I did what?

I'm not really interested in Leeds. I'd rather keep trying to emulate the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal. After all, if you don't do that, whats the point ?

been here. i've covered it many times in how other clubs manage their debts.

Guest toonlass

examples ?

I know I did what?

Speaking of simple questions. Do you consider a club that appoints Roeder and Allardyce as an ambitious one, and how? I've only asked you several times now, and you cannot give a straight answer.

examples ?

I know I did what?

Amazing that; you know what I think better than I do. Do you also know the lottery numbers for friday evening in the Euro-lottery.

I think the old board did a reasonable job footballing wise , and made a total shambles of the financial side. This came to a head around 2003/2004 when everything started going tits up, Sir John realised that if things continued in the same vein Newcastle United's sale price would go down and sold up to Ashley. Ashley was a mug for not completing due diligence, as other parties who then chose to walk (or run away laughing) did and has failed to invest in the club chosing to try and stabilise the spiralling debts. Both the old and new owners and boards have their faults. I have already said, on many occassions, that the football was excellent under Sir John Hall's reign, but we have been left with terrible financial problems because of stupid spending, and we were already on the road we are on now when Ashley bought the club. This doesn't negate Ashley's responsibility, but both Sir John and Fred Shepherd have to take some responsibility too for spending far too much money.

I stopped reading when I read the bold

Guest toonlass

examples ?

I know I did what?

I think the old board did a reasonable job footballing wise , and made a total shambles of the financial side. This came to a head around 2003/2004 when everything started going tits up, Sir John realised that if things continued in the same vein Newcastle United's sale price would go down and sold up to Ashley. Ashley was a mug for not completing due diligence, as other parties who then chose to walk (or run away laughing) did and has failed to invest in the club chosing to try and stabilise the spiralling debts. Both the old and new owners and boards have their faults. I have already said, on many occassions, that the football was excellent under Sir John Hall's reign, but we have been left with terrible financial problems because of stupid spending, and we were already on the road we are on now when Ashley bought the club. This doesn't negate Ashley's responsibility, but both Sir John and Fred Shepherd have to take some responsibility too for spending far too much money.

So how do you then go about accusing me of thinking in a certain way, if you do not read the answers to the questions you ask?

examples ?

I know I did what?

Speaking of simple questions. Do you consider a club that appoints Roeder and Allardyce as an ambitious one, and how? I've only asked you several times now, and you cannot give a straight answer.

well, I have answered. It isn't my fault if you don't understand. What is your defnition of ambition ? Do you think all those other clubs I mentioned showed ambition and think that everybody but us shows ambition ?

examples ?

I know I did what?

So how do you then go about accusing me of thinking in a certain way, if you do not read the answers to the questions you ask?

because, its so wildly inaccurate and lacking in awareness of what they did, its almost completely potty.

Guest toonlass

examples ?

I know I did what?

well, I have answered. It isn't my fault if you don't understand. What is your defnition of ambition ? Do you think all those other clubs I mentioned showed ambition and think that everybody but us shows ambition ?

No you didn't, you said "As ambitious as Chelsea appointing Grant ? Or is it just us who don't appoint the 2 or 3 winning managers ?" They are not answers, they are questions, the clue is in the question marks at the end of each sentence.

Can you think solely about Newcastle United, not about any other club, no comparisons with anyone else and answer this "Do you consider a club that appoints Roeder and Allardyce as an ambitious one, and how?"

examples ?

I know I did what?

Thats what Leeds were trying to do as well, keep up with Arsenal and Liverpool.

I wouldnt settle for mediocrity, I would have picked a manager who was good enough to take a team who had just finished 5th forward. Picking Souness, then Roeder was settling for mediocrity.

We are heading the same way as Leeds, you're right.