Financial meltdown?

Guest Wally_McFool

Guest toonlass

Trolling isn't stating facts or your opinion.

Trolling (amongst other things) is making up what others say and think in order to get a reaction.

You seem highly skilled at the latter.

examples ?

Remember, Toonlass, Blefescu made up something about me the other day ..... hot on the heels of accusing me of doing precisely the same thing when I hadn't.

My last post is still correct, and how I see it Dave.

None of the quotes in my sig are made up either BTW

That is wrong and you know it. You have continually made insinuations about me and how long I have been going to the games. You could also attempt to spell my user name right too.

For your information I have enclosed a link which explains what being a troll on the internet is. This makes no insinuation that anyone is one on here, its just to clear up any misunderstandings on what a troll may be.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

As I asked further down, please point out where I said "the last year of the Shepherd and Hall era was brilliant". Or admit that its a lie, or an untruth at best. Precisely the point I'm making. I hope nobody asks us to settle this by pm when you blocked me for attempting to do it already ........

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60869.msg1772415.html#msg1772415

:mackems:

It is the assumption you give. Shepherd and Hall could do no wrong. I apologise if I misconstrued you. And you know I didn't block you for attempting to explain anything at all

typical woman. You know you did.

As I've said on numerous occasions they made mistakes, particularly when I was one of the minority on here who refused to give Souness time [just like Ashley in fact].....this point you make is mistaken too. I'll take it as an unintentional untruth and won't hold it against you.

I know I did what?

Blocked you? Of course I know I blocked you. As you were sending me pm's that were telling me to "bugger off".

Did you think that Shepherd and Hall appointing Roeder and Allardyce was ambitious?

I told you to bugger off because you denied you were lying, when I quoted the exact phrase above.

You have stated that "no, I don't think the performance was average at all in the bigger scheme of things" when asked about the final years of Sir John Hall and Shepherd's tenure. I have already apologised for using the phrase "brilliant" but how can you not see that part of the reason we are in the situation we are in now is because SJH and Shepherd overspent buying players who were not up to the standard we required to keep qualifying for Europe?

it wasn't up to them to make the judgement on the players. They backed their manager, a lot better than not. The result of that is to look at the league table.

Sooooo did you think that Shepherd and Hall appointing Roeder and Allardyce was ambitious?

As ambitious as Chelsea appointing Grant ? Or is it just us who don't appoint the 2 or 3 winning managers ?

Didn't Grant get them to the Champions League final?

eerr.......didn't Roeder get us to 7th and qualify for europe ?

Slight difference between us getting into Europe via the Intertoto Cup and getting beat by AZ, and getting to the Champions League final though, no?

Does NE5 think that Shepherd and Hall appointing Roeder and Allardyce was ambitious? Without referring to Chelsea and Grant which has nothing to do with Newcastle United. If it was ambitious, how was it?

I tried to pm you, rather than go off topic.

How is that off topic? Was it ambitious, a yes or no will do?

so thats why you think the Halls and Shepherd are shit ? Because they didn't get to the Champions League Final ?

No, that's another bad assumption on your part. Care to answer my question, its not that hard you know.

no it isn't. I think its a totally realistic and correct perspective.

What do you think of a board who qualifies for europe more than any club bar 4 ? Does it mean you think only 4 clubs have good boards ? Thats a fairly simple enough question.

Amazing that; you know what I think better than I do. Do you also know the lottery numbers for friday evening in the Euro-lottery.

I think the old board did a reasonable job footballing wise , and made a total shambles of the financial side. This came to a head around 2003/2004 when everything started going tits up, Sir John realised that if things continued in the same vein Newcastle United's sale price would go down and sold up to Ashley. Ashley was a mug for not completing due diligence, as other parties who then chose to walk (or run away laughing) did and has failed to invest in the club chosing to try and stabilise the spiralling debts. Both the old and new owners and boards have their faults. I have already said, on many occassions, that the football was excellent under Sir John Hall's reign, but we have been left with terrible financial problems because of stupid spending, and we were already on the road we are on now when Ashley bought the club. This doesn't negate Ashley's responsibility, but both Sir John and Fred Shepherd have to take some responsibility too for spending far too much money.

I stopped reading when I read the bold

So how do you then go about accusing me of thinking in a certain way, if you do not read the answers to the questions you ask?

because, its so wildly inaccurate and lacking in awareness of what they did, its almost completely potty.

And you base that on the first sentence without reading the rest of what I said? Shame you didn't bother reading the rest (unless of course you did and you are not telling the whole truth about that).

Any answer to my question to you yet, that doesn't involve other clubs?

Guest toonlass

a night out with NE5.

"hello mate, fancy a pint"

"I don't want lager"

"so what do you want ?"

"i've already answered"

:lol:

Guest toonlass

Just a quick question for NE5,

Without referring to other clubs, was Roeder and Allerdyce ambitious management appointments and why?

Without referring to other clubs, was Roeder and Allerdyce ambitious management appointments and why?

now then toonlass........are you aware that Allardyce was touted as an England manager when we appointed him ?

Is that ambitious enough for you ? Or are you a hindsight person, or even a Keegan bandwagon jumper that thinks mediocrity is halfway in the premiership ?

Which asks the question. If the previous board were so shite, how come the people before and after them got nowhere near matching them, despite the Halls and Shepherd having so little ambition in comparison ?

Guest toonlass

now then toonlass........are you aware that Allardyce was touted as an England manager when we appointed him ?

Is that ambitious enough for you ? Or are you a hindsight person, or even a Keegan bandwagon jumper that thinks mediocrity is halfway in the premiership ?

Which asks the question. If the previous board were so shite, how come the people before and after them got nowhere near matching them, despite the Halls and Shepherd having so little ambition in comparison ?

Oy Leazes, was it ambitious to appoint Roeder and Allardyce?

Which asks the question. If the previous board were so s****, how come the people before and after them got nowhere near matching them, despite the Halls and Shepherd having so little ambition in comparison ?

The last few years of Shepherd we were running along the same sort of positions we were getting in the mid to late 1980s.

oy toonlass, everybody appoints winning and ambitous managers every time, especially managers in the frame to manage England, didn't you know, including all those 87 teams who didn't qualify for europe as often as we did  :smitten:

Which asks the question. If the previous board were so s****, how come the people before and after them got nowhere near matching them, despite the Halls and Shepherd having so little ambition in comparison ?

The last few years of Shepherd we were running along the same sort of positions we were getting in the mid to late 1980s.

check your information. We sold 3 players who became massive England players, and got relegated.

Guest toonlass

oy toonlass, everybody appoints winning and ambitous managers every time, especially managers in the frame to manage England, didn't you know, including all those 87 teams who didn't qualify for europe as often as we did  :smitten:

Ok Leazes what do you notice about this list then

Everton

Portsmouth

Sheffield Wednesday

Aston Villa

Leicester City

Spurs

Middlesbrough

Blackburn

Everton

Portsmouth

Sheffield Wednesday

Aston Villa

Leicester City

Spurs

Middlesbrough

Blackburn

eer.....none of them have qualified for europe as often as we did under the Halls and Shepherd ?

Guest toonlass

Everton

Portsmouth

Sheffield Wednesday

Aston Villa

Leicester City

Spurs

Middlesbrough

Blackburn

eer.....none of them have qualified for europe as often as we did under the Halls and Shepherd ?

Is that your final answer?

Everton

Portsmouth

Sheffield Wednesday

Aston Villa

Leicester City

Spurs

Middlesbrough

Blackburn

I don't need to phone a friend

Guest toonlass

Everton

Portsmouth

Sheffield Wednesday

Aston Villa

Leicester City

Spurs

Middlesbrough

Blackburn

How about they all managed to win a cup that we would have loved to have won, since 1991? Doesn't matter how many times we qualified for Europe, I would trade in every single european night we had to have what they got.

NE5, you are the weakest link. Goodbye!

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/cerkir/anniepoos.jpg

Everton

Portsmouth

Sheffield Wednesday

Aston Villa

Leicester City

Spurs

Middlesbrough

Blackburn

How about they all managed to win a cup that we would have loved to have won, since 1991? Doesn't matter how many times we qualified for Europe, I would trade in every single european night we had to have what they got.

so who do you blame for not even winning the league cup, as we have clearly had a better team than most of that lot for the vast majority of the period between 1992-2007 ?

Guest toonlass

Everton

Portsmouth

Sheffield Wednesday

Aston Villa

Leicester City

Spurs

Middlesbrough

Blackburn

so who do you blame for not even winning the league cup, as we have clearly had a better team than most of that lot for the vast majority of the period between 1992-2007 ?

who do you blame?

Everton

Portsmouth

Sheffield Wednesday

Aston Villa

Leicester City

Spurs

Middlesbrough

Blackburn

who do you blame?

Well, as the board had done their job and provided their managers with good enough players, its fairly obvious, provided you don't have your head up your arse.

:coolsmiley:

Guest toonlass

Everton

Portsmouth

Sheffield Wednesday

Aston Villa

Leicester City

Spurs

Middlesbrough

Blackburn

who do you blame?

Well, as the board had done their job and provided their managers with good enough players, its fairly obvious, provided you don't have your head up your arse.

:coolsmiley:

Ahhh right. So they were not good enough to win us a trophy but they were "good enough". Got ya.

Everton

Portsmouth

Sheffield Wednesday

Aston Villa

Leicester City

Spurs

Middlesbrough

Blackburn

You'd really trade the last 18 years with Sheff Weds, Leicester, 'Boro and Portsmouth?

Guest toonlass

Everton

Portsmouth

Sheffield Wednesday

Aston Villa

Leicester City

Spurs

Middlesbrough

Blackburn

You'd really trade the last 18 years with Sheff Weds, Leicester, 'Boro and Portsmouth?

No but I would trade all the nights in Europe for 1 cup tbh.