Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Are people forgetting who started all the shit we are in at the moment. I don't want Shepherd any where near this club, it was his total incompetency that got us into this mess.

Are people forgetting who started all the shit we are in at the moment. I don't want Shepherd any where near this club, it was his total incompetency that got us into this mess.

Utter nonsense.

yeah, its much better getting relegated than , finishing second or playing in the champions league.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Are people forgetting who started all the s*** we are in at the moment. I don't want Shepherd any where near this club, it was his total incompetency that got us into this mess.

If hes playing with other peoples money (wealthy arabs?) he wont get as easy a ride as he did before

Are people forgetting who started all the s*** we are in at the moment. I don't want Shepherd any where near this club, it was his total incompetency that got us into this mess.

yeah, its much better getting relegated than , finishing second or playing in the champions league.

So we are better off with 100 million in debt are we?.

yep, why not, liverpool and man u , are in much more debt.

If hes playing with other peoples money (wealthy arabs?) he wont get as easy a ride as he did before

If you think rich Arabs are going to let Fat Freddy manage their money then your living in dream land.

So what if their backers decide to pull the plug?, then what?.

What, than being in the Championship? Er, yes. :lol:

We're a football club. That means that on the field matters take precedence over everything else.

You might find solace in the books being balanced (even though they're not because we've just lost a shitload of cash by being RELEGATED) when we're playing Doncaster on a Tuesday night next season but I won't.

They can afford that debt though.

Still, being in affordable debt > being relegated with 'no debt'.

Still, being in affordable debt > being relegated with no debt.

You're right obviously, but Liverpool potentially have an interesting 7 or 8 weeks in that respect.

The only mistake Ashley has made as far as I can see, is he appointed the wrong people to run the club and not knowing enough about running a Football Club, his stupid mistake for not looking into more deeply as to what it entails.

You're right obviously, but Liverpool potentially have an interesting 7 or 8 weeks in that respect.

Looks like it aye - not read everything about them though. But then they're still in the Champions League, are still filling their ground with 40,000+ fans and are still one of the world's most famous brands with a team capable of challenging for the title next year. They've got plenty to work with.

The only mistake Ashley has made as far as I can see, is he appointed the wrong people to run the club and not knowing enough about running a Football Club, his stupid mistake for not looking into more deeply as to what it entails.

That's right, he's only made one mistake. :rolleyes:

Let him off the hook again. When are the Championship fixtures out again? Can't wait to see who them mugs Boro are playing. :mackems:

Looks like it aye - not read everything about them though. But then they're still in the Champions League, are still filling their ground with 40,000+ fans and are still one of the world's most famous brands with a team capable of challenging for the title next year. They've got plenty to work with.

Newcastle will never have the same pulling power as Liverpool or Man U and that's the main reason they can afford that sought of debt.

Let him off the hook again. When are the Championship fixtures out again? Can't wait to see who them mugs Boro are playing. :mackems:

Are you saying what he was doing at the academy was a bad thing?. He had the right ideas if he was modeling after Arsenal which I don't find such a bad thing but just wrong people to pull it off.

Are you saying what he was doing at the academy was a bad thing?. He had the right ideas if he modeling after Arsenal which i don't find such a bad thing but just wrong people to pull it off.

What was he doing at the Academy like? Buying good young players? Fuck me, what a revolutionary. It's almost as if he had the same idea as every other football club in the country.

By the way those young players will now not get the chance to develop properly because they will be playing Hartlepool United Reserves instead of Manchester United Reserves. Whose fault is that?

As for modelling after Arsenal, Christ on a Segway. Even Arsene Wenger has said the system that the moron put in place is nothing like his. Arsenal finished 4th by the way, they didn't get relegated, just so you know.

Are you saying what he was doing at the academy was a bad thing?. He had the right ideas if he was modeling after Arsenal which I don't find such a bad thing but just wrong people to pull it off.

he neglected the first team ssquad hence our relegation.

The acadamy, well we've yet to see anything and for the Arsenal format, like I said he neglected the first team squad which Arsenal would never do.

Are you saying what he was doing at the academy was a bad thing?. He had the right ideas if he modeling after Arsenal which i don't find such a bad thing but just wrong people to pull it off.

What was he doing at the Academy like? Buying good young players? f*** me, what a revolutionary. It's almost as if he had the same idea as every other football club in the country.

By the way those young players will now not get the chance to develop properly because they will be playing Hartlepool United Reserves instead of Manchester United Reserves. Whose fault is that?

As for modelling after Arsenal, Christ on a Segway. Even Arsene Wenger has said the system that the moron put in place is nothing like his. Arsenal finished 4th by the way, they didn't get relegated, just so you know.

Thing is, if we had Fat Fred in charge, we would still be relegated and in a Leeds position.  We're in a better  position finally. Mistakes have been made. Worst thing is appointing Kinnear for the rest of the season. stupid stupid decision.  Interim he was fine. Longer than that, stupid decision.  Having said that, having Freddy back would be like a dog going back to its vomit.

I think Ashley genuinely had a long term plan for the club. Just made some very bad mistakes.  Let's hope the next owner: 1. has more sense and knowledge about running a football club 2. has more money and 3. has nothing to do with Fat Fred.

Happy birthday your majesty the Queen.

What was he doing at the Academy like? Buying good young players? f*** me, what a revolutionary. It's almost as if he had the same idea as every other football club in the country.

Thing is, if we had Fat Fred in charge, we would still be relegated and in a Leeds position.  We're in a better  position finally. Mistakes have been made. Worst thing is appointing Kinnear for the rest of the season. stupid stupid decision.  Interim he was fine. Longer than that, stupid decision.  Having said that, having Freddy back would be like a dog going back to its vomit.

I think Ashley genuinely had a long term plan for the club. Just made some very bad mistakes.  Let's hope the next owner: 1. has more sense and knowledge about running a football club 2. has more money and 3. has nothing to do with Fat Fred.

Happy birthday your majesty the Queen.

Supposition. Not that I'd want Shepherd back.

I wouldn't want Shepherd back either but he gets far too much blame for this mess (especially when it's Ashley's own cretinous fault for not doing his homework). Relegation could have been avoided right up until the end of the January transfer window but Mike preferred to carry on with his master plan: sell your best players for an absolute pittance, don't receive any cash for them, replace them with dross paid for up front.

Whatever you think of Shepherd, in that same situation at the end of January, there's no way he'd have sacrificed the club's Premiership status like Ashley did purely because the fat mong thought it would save him a couple of quid.

Guest Joe90

Go to the games with a bunch of lads who each can knock up 40+ years of supporting NUFC. Not one I know wants Fat Fred anywhere near the club after his shambolic stewardship which was based entirely on massaging his bloated ego as some sort of "Geordie" ambassador who thought he knew what was best for one of the most beloved institutions in the region. The man sought our respect by recklessly trying to buy it - a yearly revolving door spending policy that would have eventually brought this club to ruin both on the field and off it. The man is of dubious character and is back in the frame for no other reason that a bruised ego and some sort of personal glorification that he is somehow the one to save the club from the nosedive that began from his decisions. The mere possibilty of watching someone who would piss on us all from a great height once again sat in the Chairmans seat turns the stomach and then some.

The majority who I go to the games with also think appointing Shearer is a big mistake. Not only does he lack the experience which we are going to need in the season ahead but he has shown nothing when it comes to team selection and tactical awareness as was proven in the eight games he was in charge. Those last 45 minutes at Villa were nothing short of a disgrace and anyone worth his salt who wants to be a manager of any standing should have sent that team - no matter how poor they obviously are - out for the most important 45 minutes in recent club history as if their backsides were on fire. But there was nothing. No fight. No fire. Not good enough from everybody concerned including Shearer. I don't see how it will be any different in the season/s ahead.

NUFC are in for one helluva wake up call when we get our first taste of the hell hole that is Div#2. We are in some serious poo and Shearer will think his arse has fallen out of his pants when he's stood there on the sidelines watching the kickball version of Battle of the Somme. Every tom, dick and harry will look on us as a prize scalp and will be wound up to kick our backsides. Not to beat NUFC but to beat Shearer.

Shearer no doubt loves the club as much as anyone on this board but this time, in this situation, love just isn't enough.