Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Has Ashley considered the option of offering Shearer the same terms as he was prepared to allegedly offer O'Leary? If Shearer turned it down at least Fatso could argue that he was too expensive. If Simpson was a Shearer target then at least his recommendations are being given due, and the door is open for bringing Shearer into the fold if he wants the job.

I don't really believe any of this btw, but a bit of positive spin is probably due for the sake of balance.

Has Ashley considered the option of offering Shearer the same terms as he was prepared to allegedly offer O'Leary? If Shearer turned it down at least Fatso could argue that he was too expensive. If Simpson was a Shearer target then at least his recommendations are being given due, and the door is open for bringing Shearer into the fold if he wants the job.

I don't really believe any of this btw, but a bit of positive spin is probably due for the sake of balance.

I don't believe Shearer would want to work for Ashley now as doing so would make Shearer look a total cunt and a yes boy.

Guest ObaStar

think its actually him? I would think not but it seems like a really elaborate dumb prank to do for several months.

think its actually him? I would think not but it seems like a really elaborate dumb prank to do for several months.

You, sir, obviously is not aware of what strange folk in the darkness of their mother's basement enjoy doing on the Internet for several months.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He is now official representative of the Queen!

:lol:

Just in case anyone thought Greg was joking...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/01/alan-shearer-queen-representative-northumberland

Alan Shearer: Geordie royalty now official representative of the Queen

Former England footballer Alan Shearer, who is already considered Geordie royalty for becoming the top scorer in Newcastle United's history, is to become an official representative of the Queen. The ex- England captain has been appointed deputy lieutenant of Northumberland by the county's lord lieutenant, the Duchess of Northumberland. Shearer, 39, will stand in for the Duchess on occasions when she is unable to fulfil her role as the Queen's representative in the region. Shearer, from Darras Hall, Northumberland, said: "I look forward to assisting the Duchess of Northumberland in her official duties."