Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest fading star

Ok, the best analogy i can come up with to explain my point of view, is if you see someone dealing with a prick, in sitaution a) he deals with him by hitting him, in situation b) he deals with him by talking to him and calming the sitaution down.

Now suppose i witness both situauations I could tell alot about the persons temperament by how they handled the situaiton regardless of the pricks involvment, i know the examples arent the same as what occured with Shearer but the general jist is there. Its the same concept seeing how he handled the situaiotn gave me an insight into how he thinks and I wasnt "impressed."

So hard to explain.

What. Like when Clough lamped that supporter who ran on the pitch.

In an ideal world you may have a point, but this is Joey Barton were talking about… the pricks prick. Shearer wasn’t ranting and raving in his post match interview. He was rightfully and evidently unhappy with Barton, but his was restrained and kept his dignity. Short of defending the indefensible to throw the media off the scent what could he have done.

What should he have said?

Guest fading star

my god something better happen quick.

this is nufc....nothing happens quick

It takes Ashley forever to arrive at completely the wrong decision.

Fuck me, this is the reason ive not been on for fucking ages, you have whining little prima donna who go to all that effort to moan about something but dont actually say anything interesting themselves in order to get the thread "unhijacked".

Fuck me, this is the reason ive not been on for fucking ages, you have whining little prima donna who go to all that effort to moan about something but dont actually say anything interesting themselves in order to get the thread "unhijacked".

Aye. We're talking about the merits of Alan Shearer as manager. What exactly is off-topic about that? ???

Some fair points being made about alternatives, personally Id of made him train with the reserves, fined and kept shctum about it, if the media ask just say its been dealt with internally. Simple diplomacy.

Guest Heneage

If he wasn't Alan Shearer it could be argued he'd not even be in the running. There were a fair few iffy moments during his short tenure.

Some fair points being made about alternatives, personally Id of made him train with the reserves, fined and kept shctum about it, if the media ask just say its been dealt with internally. Simple diplomacy.

if he was just a player who had got sent off then yes....but it was more than that rerally wasn't it ?

a bit like when you gave examples of clough/ferguson........but neither of them had joey barton and everything that goes with him (oh and by the way clough would often be outspoken in the press about his players and would quite probably have been more outspoken ithan shearer in this instance)

Guest pont-toon

ive got the positive vibe now - i've had enough of being dragged down and am gonna think "happy thoughts" from here on in

by the end of next week an offer will have been accepted to purchase the club and we'll all have our excitement batteries recharged

by the end of the next week shearer will have been appointed manager

then we are back to the old transfer rumour threads till the end of august with a splattering of football in between

there you go - i'm looking forward to next season now  :pow:

if he was just a player who had got sent off then yes....but it was more than that rerally wasn't it ?

a bit like when you gave examples of clough/ferguson........but neither of them had joey barton and everything that goes with him (oh and by the way clough would often be outspoken in the press about his players and would quite probably have been more outspoken ithan shearer in this instance)

Didnt Brian Clough clump Roy Keane in the dressing room ?

Ok  how about this, Shearer did the right thing but in completely the wrong way, his actions werent in the best interest of the club in its current plight. The better managers know how to deal with incidents like this, they save face then deal afterwards, they dont let the media and public knwo that serial fuck up Joey Barton has been suspended Alan "I take no shit", manager of Mickey mouse club Newcastle united.

Keep Barton away from the club, just dont tell the media so they can scavange like vultures over our decaying body, not in the run up to the games that we had.

I'd argue the more experienced managers would perhaps deal with it differently, but it's nothing to do with how good they are.

We had to tell the media (and the fans) what was going on man. Everyone was raging and speculating about the daft fucker and how we were going to deal with him - how does that help in the run up to important games?

See in my opinion it does a little, decision making is a key attribute to most things in life, in psychology the way we deal with certain situations can help determine the type of person we may become in the future, like i say, i got a little insight into why i think Shearer might not succeed, it wasnt a thoroughly thought out move in my opinion.

ive got the positive vibe now - i've had enough of being dragged down and am gonna think "happy thoughts" from here on in

by the end of next week an offer will have been accepted to purchase the club and we'll all have our excitement batteries recharged

by the end of the next week shearer will have been appointed manager

then we are back to the old transfer rumour threads till the end of august with a splattering of football in between

there you go - i'm looking forward to next season now  :pow:

:banana: :indi: :banana:

Please point out where anyone claims Shearer will be a great manager.

I think you might struggle, but you might find a shitload of people saying the hope isn't based on much. You're the one making claims.

If we still get relegated..

...he's the perfect person to bring us back up.

Please point out where anyone claims Shearer will be a great manager.

I think you might struggle, but you might find a shitload of people saying the hope isn't based on much. You're the one making claims.

If we still get relegated..

...he's the perfect person to bring us back up.

Er, what?

I have to say I am looking forward to regaining my old positivity, the feel good factor, once we have new owners, a full time manager Shearer or not and some transfer market action.

It will ne happy times again.

Different era with clough but Im sure Paul McGrath was a bit of a handful for Fergie, as was Yorke, not in the same class but the examples are there, SBR consistently got the best out of Bellmay even though he was a jumped up prick and a thug as well, his downfall was probably that he may of been too lenient howeverhe didnt drag the club thorugh the mud when things went wrong.

Really struggling for inspiration here, gonna cut my losses.

Different era with clough but Im sure Paul McGrath was a bit of a handful for Fergie, as was Yorke, not in the same class but the examples are there, SBR consistently got the best out of Bellmay even though he was a jumped up prick and a thug as well, his downfall was probably that he may of been too lenient howeverhe didnt drag the club thorugh the mud when things went wrong.

i iunderstand your point i just think joey barton is a different level of knacka and defending him in any way wouldn't have done the club any good.

Clough also turned Kenny Burns from a thug into a class footballer.

Clough also turned Kenny Burns from a thug into a class footballer.

he turned him from an aggressive footballer with a temprament problem into and aggressive footballer who could use his talent. he was never a neo psychotically violent thug.

i iunderstand your point i just think joey barton is a different level of knacka and defending him in any way wouldn't have done the club any good.

Barton is a nutcase.

Barton is a nutcase.

bartons a violent knacka......you are a nutcase.