Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Thing is I really think Shearer wants to fix this club. He isn't KK, I don't think he'd abandon us like that.

:idiot2:

Keegan didn't abandon the club, he was forced out by Ashley.

proof needed.

Ashley must have some idea by now of what Shearer wants, if it's just a case of ironing out a few creases then fine, just as long as he isn't leading everyone up the garden path with his usual big talk followed by no action. It's not like he hasn't got past form in this regard.

Be careful lads.  If we get into that conversation yet again then the planet Earth's going to get so bored and frustrated that it'll set itself on fire with petrol and we're all goners.

:sadnod:

Thing is I really think Shearer wants to fix this club. He isn't KK, I don't think he'd abandon us like that.

Had this argument before, he walked out on us. Not for the first time either.

Guest fading star

Be careful lads.  If we get into that conversation yet again then the planet Earth's going to get so bored and frustrated that it'll set itself on fire with petrol and we're all goners.

Yes, but the KK question does offer a reminder of how things tend to drag on with Mr Ashley.

In February Llambias was claiming a settlement with KK would be reached in couple of weeks. Three months later it’s starting to look like he was lying.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/4838237/Newcastle-United-close-to-settlement-with-former-manager-Kevin-Keegan.html

If only there was some way of killing you with my mind.

Guest fading star

Aye, but he spent six months trying to make things work first.

It’s not like he walked when Wise was appointed is it? Or after Ashley summoned him to London for a ticking off, or when Milner was sold. When Jonas and Sideshow Bob turned up at SJP Keegan didn’t sulk off or throw a huff, he talked positively about their ability.

Keegan tried to make it work, but something happened on deadline day that he couldn’t accept.

Yes, but the KK question does offer a reminder of how things tend to drag on with Mr Ashley.

In February Llambias was claiming a settlement with KK would be reached in couple of weeks. Three months later it’s starting to look like he was lying.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/4838237/Newcastle-United-close-to-settlement-with-former-manager-Kevin-Keegan.html

jumping to a bit of a conclusion there i think. for example it was said there would be a conclusion shortly to the bank charges thing and it still goes on.......there is no time where the law is concerned, almost as if they drag it out to earn more.

even then it doesn't even begin to tell us the important thing of what actually happened.

Well, all your current effort means is you've failed to learn anything from this previous argument you had assuming someone of intelligence tried to get the obvious into your heed.

Fact is, any manager worthy of the name is not going to be happy without control over which players come in and which players go out. The club is in my blood but I'd walk away if I was working under those conditions. Only a spineless tw*t wouldn't and only a moron would expect someone to work under those conditions.

Cheers

Well, all your current effort means is you've failed to learn anything from this previous argument you had assuming someone of intelligence tried to get the obvious into your heed.

Fact is, any manager worthy of the name is not going to be happy without control over which players come in and which players go out. The club is in my blood but I'd walk away if I was working under those conditions. Only a spineless tw*t wouldn't and only a moron would expect someone to work under those conditions.

Cheers

is that why he went first time round then ?

Cheers

Think it needs putting in simpler terms.

Cheers

Which first time are you referring to ?  The time when we were in the second division and SJH had promised him funds and lied to him or the time when we were floated on the stock exchange and the priorties of the board changed from team building to making cash for themselves?

Cheers

Which first time are you referring to ?   The time when we were in the second division and SJH had promised him funds and lied to him or the time when we were floated on the stock exchange and the priorties of the board changed from team building to making cash for themselves?

the time he actually walked when some restraints were put on him....every manager has some restraints,some are higher than others.

Its understandable that he left. But there is an argument to be made though that if he really cared, hed have done a bit more before just giving up.

He could still have done his best with the crap he was given if he wanted our club to suceed, he did well with it last season. We'd certainly have had a better season if he'd made that decision.

Cheers

Some might argue that the club becoming a PLC was a turning point Keegan identified as tying his hands in his efforts to continue improving the team, so not quite the same but the same result at the end of the day, ie, he's unable to strengthen the team. He did say he couldn't take the club any further and that's a valid reason. What's your problem with that?

I've answered your question but I'm not sure why you even asked it, given that it's irrelevant when it comes to Ashley failing to back Keegan, unless you back Ashley.  I haven't been following the forum for quite a while now. Are you an Ashley fanboy, madras?

Cheers

Which first time are you referring to ?   The time when we were in the second division and SJH had promised him funds and lied to him or the time when we were floated on the stock exchange and the priorties of the board changed from team building to making cash for themselves?

the time he actually walked when some restraints were put on him....every manager has some restraints,some are higher than others.

When he built a team and was told to break it up to buy new players?

Essentially breaking up a title challenging team.

Just had word from someone (who hasn't been involved with the club until 8games left in the season).

Shearer has everything agreed but is waiting on someone else's contract to be confirmed & signed before his contract is signed announced.

Happy Days!

Krul

Beye - Taylor - Bassong - Enrique

Just sort out the midfield!

Just had word from someone (who hasn't been involved with the club until 8games left in the season).

Shearer has everything agreed but is waiting on someone else's contract to be confirmed & signed before his contract is signed announced.

Happy Days!

Krul

:lol:

Glad to see we can still have debates on this forum without it descending into personal attacks. Nice one lads. :thup:

I agree, especially as there aren't any personal attacks going on.

How about tackling the facts? Ashley failed to back his manager so the manager left. Fact. Can you dispute it?

Happy Days!

Krul

And attack. And squad...