Would Shearer guarantee 52000

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think theres a chance we would, especially if MA reduced the ticket prices accordingly

Guest Brummiemag

No chance, we got less than 50k this season for the first top division game against Bolton under Keegan.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think theres a chance we would, especially if MA reduced the ticket prices accordingly

Not going to happen.

Which part?

If its the first part, i think we'll be suprised as people will feel they owe Shearer at least one seasons backing

If its the second part, i think we could see ticket prices slashed in a 'lets get back up in one season' push to try and keep crowds high.

I think we would start the season with around the 40k mark but should we start on fire i can see a steady increase as the season wears on, with many choosing a game by game deal as opposed to an up front season ticket outlay

He wont even if we stay up.

He won't guarantee it, but as long as were aren't in a relegation fight we should get 50,000+ almost every game and quite a few 52,000s.

I was thinking about PL, didn't read the thread at all.  :aww:

Guest sicko2ndbest

We didn't get 52000 every week under a Premier League led team under Keegan. Why would Shearer in a division below get us a full house?

cheaper prices

alan shearer

winning games?

winning the championship?

What on earth makes you think they'll drop the prices? If they do go for a 'let's go straight back up' push then there's even less chance they'll reduce their income.

We didn't get 52000 every week under a Premier League led team under Keegan. Why would Shearer in a division below get us a full house?

cheaper prices

alan shearer

winning games?

No :lol:

cheaper prices

alan shearer

winning games?

more games, so tix may work out cheaper per game but over the season.... naaah

People seem to be forgetting that we'll be playing journeymen teams full of shit cloggers every week, whereas normally the Big Four, Boro, Spurs and Sunderland would be a big draw, I doubt Scunthorpe, Leicester, Barnsley and Peterborough would get many through the doors.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ok i put it to you bunch of sceptics.

A NUFC team top of the championship, battering teams week in week out with Big Al as the gaffer will get crowds of ........................?

A NUFC team top of the championship, battering teams week in week out with Big Al as the gaffer will get crowds of 38000-43000

And that's including away fans btw, I'd assume there'd be a lot considering we'd have the biggest ground in the league.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'd say less than that. 35,000 would be our highest attendance in the league IMO.

So you think as many as 17000 from yesterdays attendance would stay away on a regular basis

I'd say less than that. 35,000 would be our highest attendance in the league IMO.

So you think as many as 17000 from yesterdays attendance would stay away on a regular basis

What you're forgetting is, as soon as we go down, regardless or price, Shearer, whatever, loads of people will immediately cancel their season ticket due to being dead pissed off.

A NUFC team top of the championship, battering teams week in week out with Big Al as the gaffer will get crowds of ........................?

And how would that possibly be 'guaranteed'?

Yep. Alot of it is down to opposition, I also doubt that ticket prices would change dramatically. If they're not coming to see Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool, then alot of them would stop coming altogether.

Who wants to pay £25-£30 to see us play Preston and Wolves?

It would be next to impossible for us to keep anything over 40,000 on a regular basis, that's even with us unbeaten at the top of the league.

And how would that possibly be 'guaranteed'?