Sick to my stomach

Rob W

It's coming on again............. 

another bunch of no-hoppers heading down the tubes again

any player of skill sold and a bunch of old has beens who are so injured they can't even make the starting whistle

I feel genuinely ill  :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Guest Heneage

in before the lock  :pow:

by the way rob, any correlation between the dates?

Dates years we were previously relegated.

I thought they were his last posts.

Guest Stephen927

Would make me sick to the stomach if Shearer was the man to take us down. I know it wouldn't be his fault really unless he makes some monumental cock-ups with tactics etc but with it not being his team for him to be the man in charge if we're confirmed to relegation would be shite.

Surely can't happen.

Well, it could equally be 1992. Sometimes the darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Early days, but I've been very impressed with Shearer so far - and anyone who knows me would know I've not been his biggest fan in the past. It wasn't a great performance on Saturday, but the focus was there. There were no histrionics from Shearer - he projected a calm confidence which hopefully will rub off on the side. I particularly liked the fact that, despite the fact that it looked like we had a good goal disallowed, there was no ranting and raving about the ref. That's the right attitude - it was a mistake, it's over, we move on.

I particularly liked the fact that, despite the fact that it looked like we had a good goal disallowed, there was no ranting and raving about the ref. That's the right attitude - it was a mistake, it's over, we move on.

Absolutely spot on. Kinnear would have got himself another day at Soho Square over that one.

Well, it could equally be 1992. Sometimes the darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Early days, but I've been very impressed with Shearer so far - and anyone who knows me would know I've not been his biggest fan in the past. It wasn't a great performance on Saturday, but the focus was there. There were no histrionics from Shearer - he projected a calm confidence which hopefully will rub off on the side. I particularly liked the fact that, despite the fact that it looked like we had a good goal disallowed, there was no ranting and raving about the ref. That's the right attitude - it was a mistake, it's over, we move on.

It couldn't be 1992 - KK was appointed in FEBRUARY, not April...he was also able to buy 2 players who were instrumental in preventing relegation. Shearer does not have either the luxury of 2 extra months(and extra games) or the ability to make crucial buys.

It couldn't be 1992 - KK was appointed in FEBRUARY, not April...he was also able to buy 2 players who were instrumental in preventing relegation. Shearer does not have either the luxury of 2 extra months(and extra games) or the ability to make crucial buys.

Well....yeeahh..... but you know what I mean. What might feel like rock bottom can be the springboard for success.

Despite the fact that Keegan took over a bit earlier in 1992, my memory is that the team was looking far worse and relegation looked like a certainty rather than a possibility. We had just lost 5-2 to Oxford and 4-0 to Southend.

I don't really understand this "selling anyone with any talent as soon as an offer comes in".

We were mugged over Given but Milner was "shit" and sold for double even triple what some would have accepted. N'Zogbia was a stroppy cunt who has been whinging about a move for the majority of his time here. He was also sold for a good price given all the issues.

I suppose I am being naive but that, for me at least isn't evidence of us flogging off whoever we can get a good price for. If we sell Bassong in the summer as soon as someone comes knocking I will start to worry.

Well....yeeahh..... but you know what I mean. What might feel like rock bottom can be the springboard for success.

Despite the fact that Keegan took over a bit earlier in 1992, my memory is that the team was looking far worse and relegation looked like a certainty rather than a possibility. We had just lost 5-2 to Oxford and 4-0 to Southend.

We were in a bad way when KK took over, but the set-up was totally different ; we had a few talented young players(Watson, Clark & Elliott)who wanted the club to survive, we had two potentially good forwards in Kelly(who proved his worth over 2 seasons)and Peacock...KK knew we needed a decent stopper with experience, and he got it in Kilcline ; he knew Brock was a weakness, so he got Sheedy in to replace him. You could see the difference from the very first game against Bristol City - Peacock and Kelly caused them all sorts of trouble and the team looked up for it....

Although Shearer had a much tougher baptism against Chelsea, there is no way that the team were THAT much different than they had been before ; there are TOO MANY weaknesses all round.

Lose at Stoke and it will take a miracle to survive unless the Mackems collapse.