Shay Given - Games are running out for Newcastle

NG32

I wonder how many of those criticising Shay for 'walking out on us' would cream in their jeans if the serial bottler Keegan ever wanted to come back?

As for Shay I admire the guys patience for sticking with us for so long.

:thup:

I don't think we know the whole story about Given leaving.  I don't think it is simply a case of him wanting to jump ship as soon as Man City came sniffing.  I have certainly heard rumours that the club were touting him around at the end of last year.  No idea if it is true but I can't judge him until we know the real story.  Just wish he had seen out the season - that's if he had the option to.

I wonder how many of those criticising Shay for 'walking out on us' would cream in their jeans if the serial bottler Keegan ever wanted to come back?

:lol:

Serial bottler, ha ha. Pull the other one princess.

Can't believe the amount of gip Given is getting here. I, for one, will be applauding him should we ever play against him again. Obviously my applause will be drowned out by the boos of the bitter.

I have no issue with him leaving etc, I'm fine with it. I just think now that he has gone, he needs to shut the fuck up about NUFC.

He is now a competitor, he will be treated as such. Therefore, fuck you Shay, you diving Portuguese prick.

Should never have left when he did, they especially made it sound like he was desperate to go. Should have stayed around and help us in this battle, instead he went the easy route. That single decision may relegate us this season.

Still, if he wanted to come back who wouldnt take him. Class goalkeeper still.

Guest The Libertine

a very possible scenario is that they go out the cup tonight, hughes is sacked in the summer, new "name" manager comes in and spends loads on new players and "wor" shay finds himself on the bench next year. will he sit there and say nothing or demand a transfer like he did when he was here and not playing?

Guest toonlass

:thup:

I admire him for being with us as long as he was, but cannot see how he couldn't have seen the rest of the season out with us, and then to make the comments he has, well he fails to understand that he could have made all the difference to us staying up or going down. I would rather he shuts up and concentrates on his new club rather than making comments about us.

Can't believe the amount of gip Given is getting here. I, for one, will be applauding him should we ever play against him again. Obviously my applause will be drowned out by the boos of the bitter.

And rightfully so.

a very possible scenario is that they go out the cup tonight, hughes is sacked in the summer, new "name" manager comes in and spends loads on new players and "wor" shay finds himself on the bench next year. will he sit there and say nothing or demand a transfer like he did when he was here and not playing?

Good chance he'd do a keane if that scenario happened if we're still up. Shearer would take him & i can see shay joining if he thinks we've been sorted out.

Guest toonlass

And therein lies the clue to why so many are pissed off with his comments in the Guardian today. Shay could have been the difference to us being in the Premier League next season and not. No-one wants his "prayers" for us to stay up, would have preferred him to stick out 5 months inbetween the sticks for us, and then moving on. If you cannot understand that then sobeit.

we may never play against him thanks to his super harry houdini trick.

And therein lies the clue to why so many are pissed off with his comments in the Guardian today. Shay could have been the difference to us being in the Premier League next season and not. No-one wants his "prayers" for us to stay up, would have preferred him to stick out 5 months inbetween the sticks for us, and then moving on. If you cannot understand that then sobeit.

I wanted him to stay too but the abuse he's getting for leaving a joke. Why should he have stayed? We had a abysmal caretaker manager, shite players, no chance of silverwear, a captain that wants to leave, a farce of a board but he's a twat for leaving? looking like relegation?

I wanted him to stay too but the abuse he's getting for leaving a joke. Why should he have stayed? We had a abysmal caretaker manager, s**** players, no chance of silverwear, a captain that wants to leave, a farce of a board but he's a t*** for leaving? looking like relegation?

Didnt even really look like relegation at that point, we were just average. Before the liverpool game we actually had gone on a run of decent results. We had a lot of players out to, he knew that. He just chose to think short term, got frustrated and let that decide his decision for him.

You are able to count aren't you?

Instead of giving all your bile to someone who saved us more goals than Shearer ever scored for 'walking out' once, save a bit for the guy who walked out on us twice.

I wanted him to stay too but the abuse he's getting for leaving a joke. Why should he have stayed? We had a abysmal caretaker manager, s**** players, no chance of silverwear, a captain that wants to leave, a farce of a board but he's a t*** for leaving? looking like relegation?

Is that not the time to dig in and see us through? At least til the end of the season.

He just appeared in man city training ground with a big smile on his face.

Its ok Shay, we'll face our destiny with out you.  coward.

Instead of giving all your bile to someone who saved us more goals than Shearer ever scored for 'walking out' once, save a bit for the guy who walked out on us twice.

Its not that bad an argument tbh. Think the only difference is keegan leaving us when we still had a chance of doing something this season, he did it early so we hada chance to recover. Given left when we'd already cocked the recovery up & left us right in it.

He dug in for better things last season, the season before, the season before that etc etc and nowt improved. This season i think 99% of people will agree our prospects in January were the worst they've been since he moved and finally Shay had had enough.

The Liverpool game being a prime example. We were lucky not to concede double figures that day, we didn't even get stuck in. We were dross apart from him and not suprisingly he got sick of being surrounded by dross.

Is that not the time to dig in and see us through? At least til the end of the season.

He just appeared in man city training ground with a big smile on his face.

Its ok Shay, we'll face our destiny with out you.  coward.

no chance that he thought harper was an able deputy and the money the club would get from his sale could be reinvested into our first team and help the fight then gimp?

he didn't do our fucking negotiating for us man...or decide what the club spent on players (or didn't spend) - had we got 10m for him and spent it well on two players i doubt many people would chelping like this

like the way you're sure what was going through his head though, which was terror and fear, being a coward like eh?

Its not that bad an argument tbh. Think the only difference is keegan leaving us when we still had a chance of doing something this season, he did it early so we hada chance to recover. Given left when we'd already cocked the recovery up & left us right in it.

Don't blame the manager/wise/board for not signing/scouting a replacement though. They only knew he wanted to leave a month.

Don't blame the manager/wise/board for not signing/scouting a replacement though. They only knew he wanted to leave a month.

Why would anyone not blame them. This isnt a "List everything you blame for newcastles horrific season" thread, its about Given.

Bile  :lol:

KK was forced out, we all know that right? right?

Guest Roger Kint

Everyone always said Harper is a number one though, there was no need to replace Given, besides a similar quality replacement would never think twice of signing for us in our position.

Unfortunately it looks like Harper was a better player when he knew he would be dropped regardless of his perfromances as he doesnt look comfortable knowing he is number 1 and the pressure it involves.

Why would anyone not blame them. This isnt a "List everything you blame for newcastles horrific season" thread, its about Given.

So how did he "leave us right in it" then?