Shay Given - Games are running out for Newcastle

NG32

Guest toonlass

agree with NE5. bit of a wierd analogy but if the pub i work became short staffed and then someone decided to offer me a better job, i wouldnt feel any loyalty to them  :lol: especially as theyre taxing me at 20% when i only work 1 day a week the bastards

What if the pub that you had worked in for ten years wasn't really short staffed though, and you were the best barman there. And all of a sudden a bar which was just about the same as the bar you were working in attracted your attention as they had been taken over by a rich businessman. So you go and work there instead, after making noises in public that you would really like to work there etc and that you couldn't cope working in the pub you were currently at. So off you toddle to the new pub, and they are still kinda "meh", and you see your old place of work slowly going down the pan. You knew that had you stayed at the pub then there could have been the chance that the pub wouldn't go under, after all you were the best barman there, and had loads of influence and kept up the morale of other workers etc. Would you go into the pub that was going under and say to all the regulars (who loved the pub and couldn't imagine drinking anywhere else) "I am now at this other pub, but I hope to God you don't go under." and not expect some of the regulars to say "Fuck off you twat, you walked away from us when we needed you."

and if the pub you left was rapidly heading down the tubes faster than you can say "Weatherspoons" ? And all the staff who you left behind, and the customers, knew it ?

and if you could have had the chance to keep the pub going for a while longer just by staying for a few more months? Would you still walk into that pub and say "Sorry like lads."

Can't believe the amount of gip Given is getting here. I, for one, will be applauding him should we ever play against him again. Obviously my applause will be drowned out by the boos of the bitter.

And therein lies the clue to why so many are pissed off with his comments in the Guardian today. Shay could have been the difference to us being in the Premier League next season and not. No-one wants his "prayers" for us to stay up, would have preferred him to stick out 5 months inbetween the sticks for us, and then moving on. If you cannot understand that then sobeit.

I wanted him to stay too but the abuse he's getting for leaving a joke. Why should he have stayed? We had a abysmal caretaker manager, s**** players, no chance of silverwear, a captain that wants to leave, a farce of a board but he's a t*** for leaving? looking like relegation?

Is that not the time to dig in and see us through? At least til the end of the season.

He just appeared in man city training ground with a big smile on his face.

Its ok Shay, we'll face our destiny with out you.  coward.

no chance that he thought harper was an able deputy and the money the club would get from his sale could be reinvested into our first team and help the fight then gimp?

he didn't do our f***ing negotiating for us man...or decide what the club spent on players (or didn't spend) - had we got 10m for him and spent it well on two players i doubt many people would chelping like this

like the way you're sure what was going through his head though, which was terror and fear, being a coward like eh?

He bailed out, makes him a coward.

no, it doesn't. He's bettering himself, whether you can accept that or not. Its true.

We are looking at relegation, he knew this, he bottled it and left.  Didn;t have the stomach for a fight so f***ed off like a rat up a drain pipe. 

f***ing coward.

No.

Better club, better wage, more ambition, permanent manger, european football and a team signing and (attempting) to sign the very best players ...yeah definetely wanted to go as 'he bottled it'.

Can't believe the amount of gip Given is getting here. I, for one, will be applauding him should we ever play against him again. Obviously my applause will be drowned out by the boos of the bitter.

And therein lies the clue to why so many are pissed off with his comments in the Guardian today. Shay could have been the difference to us being in the Premier League next season and not. No-one wants his "prayers" for us to stay up, would have preferred him to stick out 5 months inbetween the sticks for us, and then moving on. If you cannot understand that then sobeit.

I wanted him to stay too but the abuse he's getting for leaving a joke. Why should he have stayed? We had a abysmal caretaker manager, s**** players, no chance of silverwear, a captain that wants to leave, a farce of a board but he's a t*** for leaving? looking like relegation?

Is that not the time to dig in and see us through? At least til the end of the season.

no chance that he thought harper was an able deputy and the money the club would get from his sale could be reinvested into our first team and help the fight then gimp?

he didn't do our f***ing negotiating for us man...or decide what the club spent on players (or didn't spend) - had we got 10m for him and spent it well on two players i doubt many people would chelping like this

like the way you're sure what was going through his head though, which was terror and fear, being a coward like eh?

no, it doesn't. He's bettering himself, whether you can accept that or not. Its true.

We are looking at relegation, he knew this, he bottled it and left.  Didn;t have the stomach for a fight so f***ed off like a rat up a drain pipe. 

f***ing coward.

No.

Better club, better wage, more ambition, permanent manger, european football and a team signing and (attempting) to sign the very best players ...yeah definetely wanted to go as 'he bottled it'.

Aye, he quit on us.

A few more months in the trenches and he could have maybe help NUFC retain its prem status.  He had a massive hissy fit against liverpool and wnted to fucking move.  Dirty little bottler.

Hey I don't mind admitting that I hate seeing Shay in a Man Citeh shirt. It feels so odd to see him turning out for another team. But like Jayson says his actions contradict his words.

now then toonlass............shades of Gazza, Waddle and Beardsley here, wouldn't you agree ? Hasn't happened for a number of years, wouldn't you agree ?

NUFC was a selling club back then.

We are an established prem side with big crowds and TV money.

We are both those things, but we are a selling club in a sense that our owners will seriously listen to any decent offers for our players, quite clearly.

he could have signed a pre-contract with them, and 'worked his notice' so to speak, would have been easier for the fans to take, and he could have left on a high (possibly, if we'd stayed up) in the summer and maybe got a deserved testimonial in the pre-season.

i agree with Blefuscu, it doesn't seem right him in a #37 man city shirt  ???

£6m is still a joke fee. how much did hilarious gomes cost spurs? was it about £8m or something?

Hey I don't mind admitting that I hate seeing Shay in a Man Citeh shirt. It feels so odd to see him turning out for another team. But like Jayson says his actions contradict his words.

now then toonlass............shades of Gazza, Waddle and Beardsley here, wouldn't you agree ? Hasn't happened for a number of years, wouldn't you agree ?

NUFC was a selling club back then.

We are an established prem side with big crowds and TV money.

the bad news, is we are a selling club again.

the other bad news, which you can't accept, is we WERE what you say because of the old board, but because of the new board, we will be extremely fortunate to hold on to that status, and unless they see what they are doing, it will still be inevitably lost.

Guest toonlass

f***ing coward.

No.

How?

Guest The Libertine
We are both those things, but we are a selling club in a sense that our owners will seriously listen to any decent offers for our players, quite clearly.

who have we sold that didnt want out or wasnt shit?

agree with NE5. bit of a wierd analogy but if the pub i work became short staffed and then someone decided to offer me a better job, i wouldnt feel any loyalty to them  :lol: especially as theyre taxing me at 20% when i only work 1 day a week the bastards

What if the pub that you had worked in for ten years wasn't really short staffed though, and you were the best barman there. And all of a sudden a bar which was just about the same as the bar you were working in attracted your attention as they had been taken over by a rich businessman. So you go and work there instead, after making noises in public that you would really like to work there etc and that you couldn't cope working in the pub you were currently at. So off you toddle to the new pub, and they are still kinda "meh", and you see your old place of work slowly going down the pan. You knew that had you stayed at the pub then there could have been the chance that the pub wouldn't go under, after all you were the best barman there, and had loads of influence and kept up the morale of other workers etc. Would you go into the pub that was going under and say to all the regulars (who loved the pub and couldn't imagine drinking anywhere else) "I am now at this other pub, but I hope to God you don't go under." and not expect some of the regulars to say "Fuck off you twat, you walked away from us when we needed you."

and if the pub you left was rapidly heading down the tubes faster than you can say "Weatherspoons" ? And all the staff who you left behind, and the customers, knew it ?

and if you could have had the chance to keep the pub going for a while longer just by staying for a few more months? Would you still walk into that pub and say "Sorry like lads."

for a pub that was clearly miles more progressive. Yes, I would. And so would you I bet.

f***ing coward.

No.

Aye, he quit on us.

A few more months in the trenches and he could have maybe help NUFC retain its prem status.  He had a massive hissy fit against liverpool and wnted to f***ing move.  Dirty little bottler.

He wanted to negotiate a new contract in December lol he didnt want to go then so there is faaar more to the story.

i dont think Man City would of waited around for him if he didnt join them in January and from his press conference sounds like club wanted to cash in on him.  If he felt he wasn't wanted + club more ambitious wanting him + better wage and more stability, its pretty obvious choice.

Guest toonlass

he could have signed a pre-contract with them, and 'worked his notice' so to speak, would have been easier for the fans to take, and he could have left on a high (possibly, if we'd stayed up) in the summer and maybe got a deserved testimonial in the pre-season.

i agree with Blefuscu, it doesn't seem right him in a #37 man city shirt  ???

£6m is still a joke fee. how much did hilarious gomes cost spurs? was it about £8m or something?

Considering the crazy money the scum spent on Gordon £6 million was a steal for citeh.

f***ing coward.

No.

Aye, he quit on us.

A few more months in the trenches and he could have maybe help NUFC retain its prem status.  He had a massive hissy fit against liverpool and wnted to f***ing move.  Dirty little bottler.

He wanted to negotiate a new contract in December lol he didnt want to go then so there is faaar more to the story.

i dont think Man City would of waited around for him if he didnt join them in January and from his press conference sounds like club wanted to cash in on him.  If he felt he wasn't wanted + club more ambitious wanting him + better wage and more stability, its pretty obvious choice.

If there is faaaar more to the story and you know the truth spill the beans.

He fucked off in the clubs darkets hours.

Yes, lets all sit around and wank off over him.

Guest toonlass

for a pub that was clearly miles more progressive. Yes, I would. And so would you I bet.

Hey I might go to work for the other club, but I wouldn't be popping my head around the door as the repo men are gunning their engines and say "Aye tough luck like."

Better club??

They have a permanent manager, european football, better league position, owner that sticks by a manager, owner who invests in his playing staff, attempts to sign the worlds best, wanting to break the top 4.

What do we have in January, 'world class fans', 52000, JFK, owner half interested in us .. we really do have fuck all in comparison.

Better club??

They have a permanent manager, european football, better league position, owner that sticks by a manager, owner who invests in his playing staff, attempts to sign the worlds best, wanting to break the top 4.

What do we have in January, 'world class fans', 52000, JFK, owner half interested in us .. we really do have f*** all in comparison.

Doesn't make them a "better club"

Lets see how long Hughes lasts, and how many points are thet above us 8?  Oh dear. All that money and ambition and there are only 8 points above a team that is in the bottom 3. We could actually finishes above hem  :dowie:

They might be the richest footy club in the world but that dont mean fcking squat.

Did you see how bad they were against Fulham?

f***ing coward.

No.

Aye, he quit on us.

He f***ed off in the clubs darkets hours.

Yes, lets all sit around and w*** off over him.

You think there isn't more?  He wanted a new contract in December and then in January was handing in a transfer request, lets not forget spent 10 years here and was settled.  Also his press conference 'club didnt do enough' and clearly annoyed at something.  So speculating from all those points something isnt right there and it AINT so straight forward as 'bottling it'.  But ye you made your mind up and choose to believe that not keeping an open mind.  GIVEN IS A JUDAS!

If it wasn't for the immense wages he is probably on then I would actually feel a bit sorry for Shay.

Finally decides to move, leaves the Newcastle rollercoaster only to end up in the arguably even more embarrassing Man City non-revolution.

Can't fathom why he moved (to City), surely if it was all about the money he would have left a few years ago? Very odd decision IMO.

f***ing coward.

No.

Aye, he quit on us.

He f***ed off in the clubs darkets hours.

Yes, lets all sit around and w*** off over him.

You think there isn't more?  He wanted a new contract in December and then in January was handing in a transfer request, lets not forget spent 10 years here and was settled.  Also his press conference 'club didnt do enough' and clearly annoyed at something.  So speculating from all those points something isnt right there and it AINT so straight forward as 'bottling it'.  But ye you made your mind up and choose to believe that not keeping an open mind.  GIVEN IS A JUDAS!

Nah just a coward.  He would only be a Judas if he saves a pen against us, IF we manage to stay up, without HIM of course.

Guest toonlass

If it wasn't for the immense wages he is probably on then I would actually feel a bit sorry for Shay.

Finally decides to move, leaves the Newcastle rollercoaster only to end up in the arguably even more embarrassing Man City non-revolution.

Can't fathom why he moved (to City), surely if it was all about the money he would have left a few years ago? Very odd decision IMO.

If you read dcmk's post it becomes crystal clear. Man Citeh are a better club apparantly.

Better club??

What do we have in January, 'world class fans', 52000, JFK, owner half interested in us .. we really do have f*** all in comparison.

Lets see how long Hughes lasts, and how many points are thet above us 8?  Oh dear. All that money and ambition and there are only 8 points above a team that is in the bottom 3. We could actually finishes above hem  :dowie:

They might be the richest footy club in the world but that dont mean fcking squat.

It makes them a more stable club, more ambitious, more patient so why not 'better'?

Hughes wasn't the new owners appointment was he? been given ample time considering the very mediocre results and he is being well back to bring all his own players.  This season is a transitional period new manager and alot of players, judge them after a seaon perhaps. 

You want a bet on them finishing above us this? and next season and season after that?  I would take you up on it

nothing but respect for Given. it's less that he left half a season too early, more that he stayed on 3 seasons too many. he wouldve been well within his rights to look for a move any time since Robson left so i won't begrudge him for leaving now that Ashley has fucked the club up almost beyond repair. if anyone deserves ire for making our club a 'selling club' (to use NE5 parlance) then it's not Given but the owner.

If you read dcmk's post it becomes crystal clear. Man Citeh are a better club apparantly.

Give me a couple of valid reasons why we are a better club?  Am i missing something, i feel i am?

Better club??

It makes them a more stable club, more ambitious, more patient so why not 'better'?

Hughes wasn't the new owners appointment was he? been given ample time considering the very mediocre results and he is being well back to bring all his own players.  This season is a transitional period new manager and alot of players, judge them after a seaon perhaps. 

You want a bet on them finishing above us this? and next season and season after that?  I would take you up on it

I was using the 8 pts as an example.

Shay hasn't exactly joined an established side.