SBR Feels Sorry For Ashley

He was physically fit but mentally unfit, he rarely put the effort in to run at the opposition and didn't produce good crosses or shots.  He didn't shine above any of the rest of the wasters in our side (unlike Enrique, Given, Bassong or Jonas have at times this season) so I just can't see how he can be referred to as one of our two best players..

If one of your best players provides a £6million profit you'll have a point.

Based on what?  His 1 goal or his 1 assist?

Based on the fact he wasn't over the hill, washed up, unfit or past it. Based on he could dribble, cross, shoot, defend, score goals. Based on the fact he could get from Point A to Point B quickly and without needing a wheelchair.

Other than that your stats are probably very relevant.

he could.....but rarely did.

Well at least we have plenty of players with "nous" and commitment to put things right since his departure.

thats "nouse"...."nous" is frogspeak i think.

he was as bad as what we have. he may have more potential but i don't see it ever coming out. i've never denied he's got talent but in 3 or 4 years for us he never showed it.

Based on the fact he wasn't over the hill, washed up, unfit or past it. Based on he could dribble, cross, shoot, defend, score goals. Based on the fact he could get from Point A to Point B quickly and without needing a wheelchair.

Well at least we have plenty of players with "nous" and commitment to put things right since his departure.

he was as bad as what we have. he may have more potential but i don't see it ever coming out. i've never denied he's got talent but in 3 or 4 years for us he never showed it.

I would suggest he wasn't the problem though.

I would suggest he wasn't the problem though.

i would

Other than dribble (aimlessly towards the touchline like a headless chicken) he could do none of those things. "Defend" deserves a particular :mackems:

The fact that an ungrateful, sulking cunt like N'Zogbia is still so overrated by some despite the fact that he showed nothing but contempt for our club and its fans really, really makes me angry. Despite the spark he showed at the end of the 2005/2006 season, all he is is wasted potential and an inflated ego with the annual wondergoal thrown in.

During the first half of this season Damien Duff, whom I fully acknowledge as a past-it useless piece of shit player, contributed 10x more. I really don't mind that we got a shit player like Ryan Taylor in return because 6m in itself was more than fair money for an overrated cunt with a horrible attitude.

I say 100% right to Sir Bobby cause he knows the game out he belives in Duff even though we don't agree with him he saw something that we don't and with a good team and manger he can be immense. Bobby never mentioned Owen which says a lot about the man ability he knows Owen is good for nothing at this momment. I agree with his Colloccin statement as well he didn't say anything bad regarding Beye and Bassong which in my opinion the two good players we have in the current squad.

It is time to listin for Sir Bobby and give Shearer a longer contract if I were Ashley I will give him 10 years contract to insure there is long term continuity. I am sure many over here will complaine about this as most wants speculation as who is your next manger and stuff.

Guest sittingontheball

In Bassong and Beye, we've got two of the best defenders we've had in a long time. With more protection, Enrique and Colo wouldn't be that bad either. Its pointless comparing them with players from an earlier era wihen we had a competent midfield. Any of the SBR era players, Speed, Jenas, Dyer, Robert, Solano, .... would walk into the team now. Scott Parker would too.  The gradual decimation of the midfield is the real story. Blaming the defence for everything is just a cliche for lazy journos.