This long throw in tactic.

Parky

Bullshit tbh, they are not doing anything wrong going by the rules. The clubs that look to use the long throw will have invested a lot of time and money (multi-millions) in perfecting a system and style to win football matches.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in getting the ball down and playing it Keegan style, however the long throw is (Wrongly IMO) seen as being hand in hand with the long ball style of play when in reality it is no different to swinging in a corner. It makes no difference whether its kicked or thrown, should keeper not be allowed to throw it out as well?

Bullshit tbh, they are not doing anything wrong going by the rules. The clubs that look to use the long throw will have invested a lot of time and money (multi-millions) in perfecting a system and style to win football matches.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in getting the ball down and playing it Keegan style, however the long throw is (Wrongly IMO) seen as being hand in hand with the long ball style of play when in reality it is no different to swinging in a corner. It makes no difference whether its kicked or thrown, should keeper not be allowed to throw it out as well?

How do you connect spend to the long throw bro?

Whilst a time-limit to stop throws taking absolutely ages sounds a constructive idea, the general concept of long throws is perfectly valid IMO.

So what if its 'anti-football'? Are they breaking rules? No. Yes, it can be infuriating to play against, and I often will take the mick saying they're trying to play basketball or whatever, but in the end they're utilising a resource they have, and they're doing f***ing well.

Where do we stop? Plenty of other teams use long throws. Stoke just happen to have someone who is class at it. Good for them, bad for the rest.

All that needs to be done is properly booking players when they're taking absolute ages to throw the damn ball.

why if they clock the time properly ?

For the same reason that time wasting is penalized in every other deadball situation despite the fact that lost time is supposedly clocked?

All that needs to be done is properly booking players when they're taking absolute ages to throw the damn ball.

why if they clock the time properly ?

For the same reason that time wasting is penalized in every other deadball situation despite the fact that lost time is supposedly clocked?

but it never is clocked properly. if the timing was done properly and players were told  from a point of the referees discretion they were considered to be in possession of the ball and gven 10secs to re start the game.

How do you connect spend to the long throw bro?

I would imagine a team that utilises the long throw will look to purchase players of a certain physical stature to gain the aerial advantage once the ball is propelled by the launcher. Heck, even the launcher might by coveted.

I always wondered why soccer has not adopted the basketball's timing system where the timer is stopped for every foul and free throw. The clock can be stopped once the throw in is conceded and resumed again when the throw in is taken.

I always wondered why soccer has not adopted the basketball's timing system where the timer is stopped for every foul and free throw. The clock can be stopped once the throw in is conceded and resumed again when the throw in is taken.

many, many reasons for that i'd imagine, such as the yank system probably only existing so they can crowbar adverts on the telly & the stop start nature of the game meaning it works

football would be a bag of shit

As for a ten second time limit or whatever, our team are already fucking knackered as it is, imagine how it would be if every time there was a free kick for offside or a throw in they had to sprint back into position within 10 seconds or risk wasting the set piece.