Ashamed

Golfmag

apologies if covered elsewhere but I despise the THOUSANDS of fans who left early today. What must the players have thought? How can we tell our players they need to care more when they witness that from the 'Best Fans in the World'

never were, never did always get 50,000 crowds. Only since the last owners showed ambition, in fact.

This thread is about fans leaving early and the effect they have on the team. It has nothing to do with Sir John Hall, Shepherd, or anyone from the previous upstairs gang.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And we're off!

apologies if covered elsewhere but I despise the THOUSANDS of fans who left early today. What must the players have thought? How can we tell our players they need to care more when they witness that from the 'Best Fans in the World'

never were, never did always get 50,000 crowds. Only since the last owners showed ambition, in fact.

This thread is about fans leaving early and the effect they have on the team. It has nothing to do with Sir John Hall, Shepherd, or anyone from the previous upstairs gang.

the point which escapes you being that all the thousands of fans that he is talking about are probably the thousands of fans attracted back to the club by the previous regime that won't now be coming back.

Still, I'm sure you know best

the point which escapes you being that all the thousands of fans that he is talking about are probably the thousands of fans attracted back to the club by the previous regime that won't now be coming back.

Still, I'm sure you know best

more rubbish.

plenty of fans have always left early,more so when the result has gone against us, it happens everywhere to every club.

I agree with the initial post to a certain extent.

My first point would be that if you (not personally) have paid so much for a ticket/season ticket and yet you don't stay for the full game? Then you complain about the prices?...okay well before complaining about prices at least take the most out of what you currently get.

Second point, I appreciate there was a lack of commitment and desire on the pitch but there wasn't much more shown in the stands on Saturday. The one word that summed it all up was ocmplacent, everyone expected Hull to be beaten and us to be safe from Monday, admiteddly I was one of those who was less up for the game compared to Monday but I still shouted and balled all game. How can people criticise those on the pitch for a lack of passion and commitment when they show none themselves? (It's basically that timeless argument about what comes first - on the pitch performance or off the pitch performance.)

We as fans aren't the best in the world although we are fairly loyal. 50k + every week but only about 5/6k sing and shout and ball. If we do go down we will get a maximum of 30,000 every week I bet and if we were in Leeds' position I bet we wouldn't get what they got the other night. We booed our team off the pitch when they finished 5th and next to no-one stayed for the "lap of honour", Saturday was the same apart from this time fans had more of a right to bugger off. We as fans don't deserve anything more than any other teams fans', but too many of us think we do.

I just hope that this season is a wake up call and the dead wood gets removed, both on the pitch and in the stands.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

We as fans aren't the best in the world although we are fairly loyal. 50k + every week but only about 5/6k sing and shout and ball. If we do go down we will get a maximum of 30,000 every week I bet and if we were in Leeds' position I bet we wouldn't get what they got the other night. We booed our team off the pitch when they finished 5th and next to no-one stayed for the "lap of honour", Saturday was the same apart from this time fans had more of a right to bugger off. We as fans don't deserve anything more than any other teams fans', but too many of us think we do.

I just hope that this season is a wake up call and the dead wood gets removed, both on the pitch and in the stands.

I'd take your bet on that like.

Guest The Libertine

its like those warning PM's didnt happen. what was the point in them anyway?

Guest Phil K

Wouldn't myself. I have left early out of necessity before - but hell, ALL teams have them*

Look at the Chelsea fans leaving early and the droves of Arsenal fans leaving halfway through the 2nd half in the Champs League Semi v Man U

We never got that bad.

Besides, it's THEIR choice. We pay for the tickets, the underperforming players are PAID for their non-performance

Take it out on THEM

* Remember the rags and media making a song and dance over Newcastle fans leaving early last game (v Wolves) when Sir Bob was boss ?

Then a year later Man U fans after winning nothing did it too - virtually emptying OT - and not a ******** whisper of condemnation from the same b*stards who attacked Newcastle fans for doing the same.

Although I reckon some people have to genuinely leave early i.e. trains etc. I reckon most leave early as they get pissed off and want to get a beer back in the pub before everyone else. I've done it once, at Fulham away a few season ago when we were losing two nil and I had tickets in the Fulham end.

Never done it at a home game, and in the current predicament it makes me wonder what sorts of fans would leave early if they didn't have a genuine reason to do so