January Transfer Window

Howaythelads

shame you didn't go and dish the dirt on the club to a scumbag cockney journo who hates Newcastle

I see.

So Fat Fred can use the wonderful local media which always takes the club's side to talk shite and diss supporters whenever he feels like it.

Whereas looking for a right of reply for supporters making an honest effort to persuade the club to appoint a decent manager is "dishing the dirt to a scumbag cockney journo".

Shows exactly where your priorities lie.

shame you didn't go and dish the dirt on the club to a scumbag cockney journo who hates Newcastle

I see.

So Fat Fred can use the wonderful local media which always takes the club's side to talk shite and diss supporters whenever he feels like it.

Whereas looking for a right of reply for supporters making an honest effort to persuade the club to appoint a decent manager is "dishing the dirt to a scumbag cockney journo".

but you said the club appointed a decent manager. Souness. You backed him. You wanted the club to back him, sell the "cancer" and build his own team. So what are you moaning at.

If the club really took the piss out of fans and gave us a shit team, sold our best players like your real team does, the mackems, then those who think we have a shit board, and you, would correctly have different priorities.

Hows the Souness wallpaper ? Have you stripped it down yet

I see.

but you said the club appointed a decent manager. Souness. You backed him. You wanted the club to back him, sell the "cancer" and build his own team. So what are you moaning at.

If the club really took the piss out of fans and gave us a shit team, sold our best players like your real team does, the mackems, then those who think we have a shit board, and you, would correctly have different priorities.

Hows the Souness wallpaper ? Have you stripped it down yet

I don't know owt about any Souness wallpaper, but my Souness bog-roll's going strong.

Guest keego_nufc

Bring in another forward and defender or two and give the midfield a kick in the arse.

Which forward tho?  He better be good because we lose yet another forward in January and with our glass boy and Martins we could have injuries... could

In other words, there was no need to strengthen the team in 2003 because we'd bought some players a couple of years previously.

:roll:

So what is it to be? You appear to agree with macbeth and mick most of the time when they beat up the Board over poor financial management.

Has it not crossed your mind that the amount spent in transfer fees in the previous 32 months, added to the fact the squad was now much larger causing an increase in the wage bill, might have resulted in it being necessary at that time to consolidate for a year or so? We did bring in 3 players in 2003, 2 of them very good quality, proven PL players. 

We don't have to agree and that's ok, there is no consistency to your points, just moaning on and on and on and on........

- selling/buying players behind the managers' backs, as well as in front of them (Souness/Roeder took a backseat as Shephard signed the players he wanted)

- backing a player over the manager, twice at least

- failing to release funds to strengthen at the time that we needed it most (03), whilst declaring millions in dividends

- making daft and unsettling comments time after time in the media, eg Sir Bobby's last season announced publicly with his knowledge, the "top 8 in world" comments

I'm only going to address one point in your post, as it's not directed toward me.

The point about not buying in summer 2003 has been brought up LOADS of times and I've responded to it LOADS of times, I may be wrong but I think you've posted this comment before and I've replied to you before. You could have the decency to at least make an effort to address my response to your comment.

Here it is again...

<snip>

This has already been done to death. The facts show the club speculated to move from the Gullit mediocrity to a CL qualifying place by spending nearly £50m quid net in the 32 months prior to summer 2003, it's also a fact the club lashed out millions in January 2003 on Woodgate, something that is always ignored by those who babble on about summer 2003. From Jan 2001 ( ish ) through to summer 2003 the wage bill increased massively as well because we'd speculated by bringing in nearly a dozen players in 32 months under Robson, with only 2 reserve players leaving the club for very small fees.

<snip>

Thanks in advance

Where does this net figure of £50 million in 32 months come from?  I've just added up the figures which came to £38.2 million and that included Woodgate.

nufc.com. Just add up the players in and subtract the players out. It's not difficult. It comes to about £45m. I posted it in more detail elsewhere, so it's on the forum in a post buried someplace.

Hope that helps.

I very much doubt it.

You would stop going again wouldn't you ?

You very much doubt it?

After finishing 7th in the Premiership we attract a Man City reserve on a free, a Rangers regect after the transfer window has closed and a Man U kid on loan and you doubt it.

You need a reality check.

fail to mention £10mil on Martins and £5mil on Duff.

They don't count. Didn't you realise?

The mackems? I'm quite sure the mackems must be very happy with the job Fat Fred is doing right now. Just like you are.

The mackems? I'm quite sure the mackems must be very happy with the job Fat Fred is doing right now. Just like you are.

well, I'm sure they were more happy with Souness, funnily enough, so were you.

So when are you going to dish the dirt on the club to a scumbag cockney journo again ?

Frankly, a chairman so useless he can take a club with resources like ours from being one of the best and most attractive clubs in the country to being a laughing-stock floundering at the bottom of the table must have been beyond most mackems' wildest dreams before Fat Fred took power.

So when are you going to dish the dirt on the club to a scumbag cockney journo again ?

I don't have any dirt to dish. I'm just a lifelong fan who would like to see the club succeed. But if fellow supporters can use the means to reply the next time Fat Fred insults their honest efforts on behalf of the club, I'll happily do my best to arrange it.

Meanwhile, you can just carry on repeating the same old pathetic shite. I'm sure that'll do everyone a lot of good.

Frankly, a chairman so useless he can take a club with resources like ours from being one of the best and most attractive clubs in the country to being a laughing-stock floundering at the bottom of the table must have been beyond most mackems' wildest dreams before Fat Fred took power.

I don't have any dirt to dish. I'm just a lifelong fan who would like to see the club succeed. But if fellow supporters can use the means to reply the next time Fat Fred insults their honest efforts on behalf of the club, I'll happily do my best to arrange it.

Meanwhile, you can just carry on repeating the same old pathetic shite. I'm sure that'll do everyone a lot of good.

wellll....if you are really a "life long supporter", I'm sure you will be aware that struggling in the 2nd division and selling your best players for decades is far more a laughing stock than appearing in europe on a regular basis and buying England internationals, I don't think many people consider us a laughing stock when we do this. Once again, you must be in a state of confusion, its the mackems who are a laughing stock, or maybe you are colour blind

wellll....if you are really a "life long supporter", I'm sure you will be aware that struggling in the 2nd division and selling your best players for decades is far more a laughing stock than appearing in europe on a regular basis and buying England internationals, I don't think many people consider us a laughing stock when we do this. Once again, you must be in a state of confusion, its the mackems who are a laughing stock, or maybe you are colour blind

That's right. Just keep on repeating that same old pathetic shite, and we'll be back at the top of the table in no time.

PS You're obviously unaware of how a laughing-stock looks like to most people. This is easily remedied. Just go and look in your bathroom mirror.

That's right. Just keep on repeating that same old pathetic shite, and we'll be back at the top of the table in no time.

PS You're obviously unaware of how a laughing-stock looks like to most people. This is easily remedied. Just go and look in your bathroom mirror.

thats right, just keep on repeating the same old shite when it suits you, and changing your opinion when it suits you too.

Do you still stand by your opinion that the club should bankroll your man Souness to the hilt until he has his own team having got rid of the "cancer" despite people like me telling you what the financial and playing implications could mean ?

Spitting bile?  bluelaugh.gif

You're confusing me with your master-debater chum.

How's it going, anyway? Either of you managed to win any new members for the Fat Fred Fan Club? Must get a little lonely, just the two of you.

Having problems answering the question I asked you, mate? 

Fat Fred Fan Club? You obviously don't understand the link in my sig' either, assuming you've bothered to read and try to understand it. It seems you're childishly attempting to misrepresent my opinion on the basis you don't have the intelligence to debate and answer my question. Good one.

It's losers like you posting shite like that who drag the forum down and turn it almost into a waste of space.

It's losers like you posting shite like that who drag the forum down and turn it almost into a waste of space.

I was right, you're definitely confusing me with Leazes the Parrot.

Nope.

And we know why. Zero credibility. 

Nope.

bluesleep.gif

Nope.

bluesleep.gif

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,31684.msg611878.html#msg611878

You made a post, I made a reply, like in a debate. Take part by trying to intelligently back up your comment, or take your moaning anti-Newcastle shite elsewhere is my advice.