January Transfer Window

Howaythelads

You could say I'm a KK bandwagon jumper as I started supporting the Toon when I was 11, quite a late age to be getting into football especially when my dad, his brothers and all my mates were into football, well most of them. I used to hate it, watching it and playing it. "Turn it over" was what I used to say whenever match of the day came on. Mind I used to love the old vidiprinter, that was exciting. Me father would turn the radio off with 5 minutes to go if we were drawing or losing one-nil, he couldn't bear listening to the end of matches and waited by the telly waiting for a flash up to say "Newcastle have equalised, or "grabbed a late winner", or "a goal at SJP" or whatever. I remember loads of times us coming back late on and my dad was adamant it was all down to him switching the radio off for good luck. People and their superstitions eh :D

Why would that make you a KK bandwagon jumper?

Whatever....

Anyways - back to January transfer window - does anyone believe this fool can buy sensibly, or do we expect yet another disaster by someone who is quite clearly out of his depth as a prem manager ?

Whatever....

Anyways - back to January transfer window - does anyone believe this fool can buy sensibly, or do we expect yet another disaster by someone who is quite clearly out of his depth as a prem manager ?

I can see us going into the January transfer window with 16 points, if that's the case then it's more likely to be sell, sell sell.

If we continue the way we are then I doubt Roeder will be here in January...

The points I can see us getting come from a draw against Portsmouth, and we should beat Reading and Watford at home, apart from those games I can't see us getting much more unless we step up our performances by at least a 100%.

Can anybody see points coming from other games?

Whatever....

But it's nothing to do with Roeder, Phil. He doesn't sign players or let them go, that's all done by FAT FRED!!!!!

The points I can see us getting come from a draw against Portsmouth, and we should beat Reading and Watford at home

We should of beat Charlton and Sheff Utd but only managed 1 point, I'd be surprised if we managed to pick up 7 points from those 3 games.

Whatever....

But it's nothing to do with Roeder, Phil. He doesn't sign players or let them go, that's all done by FAT FRED!!!!!

You might as well stop trying. It's clear you're never going to get this one right.

The points I can see us getting come from a draw against Portsmouth, and we should beat Reading and Watford at home

We should of beat Charlton and Sheff Utd but only managed 1 point, I'd be surprised if we managed to pick up 7 points from those 3 games.

I'd expect that Martins will be back and will offer us an outlet up front, if not then we're screwed.

Guest Knightrider

You could say I'm a KK bandwagon jumper as I started supporting the Toon when I was 11, quite a late age to be getting into football especially when my dad, his brothers and all my mates were into football, well most of them. I used to hate it, watching it and playing it. "Turn it over" was what I used to say whenever match of the day came on. Mind I used to love the old vidiprinter, that was exciting. Me father would turn the radio off with 5 minutes to go if we were drawing or losing one-nil, he couldn't bear listening to the end of matches and waited by the telly waiting for a flash up to say "Newcastle have equalised, or "grabbed a late winner", or "a goal at SJP" or whatever. I remember loads of times us coming back late on and my dad was adamant it was all down to him switching the radio off for good luck. People and their superstitions eh :D

Why would that make you a KK bandwagon jumper?

Probably because I had chances to go and support the lads with me fatha long before KK was manager but declined on the principle that I thought footy was shite and for old blokes with nowt better to do. I know that doesn't make me a serious contender for the bandwagon jumper title being that I was only a bairn when I started supporting United but there really was no excuse for not doing so before KK as I had plenty of chances unlike others.

LM, as fun as it can be debating with you, i'm sorry to say that you're a right patronising old git. Get over your ****ing self and stop thinking you're a better supporter just because you're 105 yrs old.

KK bandwagon jumpers? What an idiotic comment. If people who started to support Newcastle at the time of Keegan were "bandwagon jumpers", believe me they have jumped ship already. Those of us who've stuck it out for the past 13 years or so (due to AGE constraints) are here to stay. If that pisses you off, then great.

A Keegan bandwagon jumper is someone who went before during and after Keegan. bluelaugh.gif

why do people force these cut and paste posts ....   :lol: it would be far easier if they learned to read.

A KK bandwagon jumper is someone who was for years not interested in supporting the club, because they were shit and going nowhere. Then suddenly when they thought something was going to happen, jumped on the bandwagon. There were thousands of them, roughly anything up to 30,000 in fact. Now they are unhappy because they jumped on the bandwagon expecting to win things, so now are calling the very board who attracted them back, because the trophies they expected didn't materialise and so they consider it all to be a wasted effort. But still tell people they "have always supported the club", even though they know they are lying. They are easy to spot. They think the club before this period always had big crowds, bought top players and didn't sell them instead, don't know much about the club during these years and so generally don't understand the leap forward the club has made since.

Like you.

Will the Chamions League group stages be finisihed by the time the transfer window opens ?

I think the last games are in December so we will know what teams are out of Europien football, maybe we can tempt some players to the Prem fromt hose teams, I was hoping Bremen would be knocked out so we could go afetr Klose but they are doing well and ina  tough group. Levski look like the team thatw ill be out in group A, 0 points so far.

Any of these clubs got players you would want to see come ehre ?

Group A - Levski            0pt

Group B - Galatasaray  1pt

Group B - Bordeaux      1pt

Group C - Dynamo Kyiv 0pt

Group D - Hamburg      0pt

De Jong, Kompany, Sorin at Hamburg. Although I doubt we'd get them in January, if ever.

Necati and Okan for Galatasaray, if we want to turn our team Turkish, get Sas aswell.

Mavuba from Bordeaux.

Although the possibility of these coming to us are pretty fucking horrendous. Mavuba would be the only likely one, as he's young and has been touted to come to the premiership...he's also pretty fantastic.

Villas manager was Tony Barton, and the previous manager was Ron Saunders.

However, as you said, there is "going backwards", and there is "going backwards". Backwards from being European Cup holders is most definitely as high as it gets .... however I know you will base your "opinion" on something other than fact, as usual.

In any Shepherd - Ellis comparison, you've also got to consider that in 1968 when he first became chairman, Ellis saved the club from near certain oblivion, when it was a relic still living in the 1930s, teetering on the verge of bankruptcy, and dragged it screaming and kicking into modern football. Too late to stop the slide to the Third division, but in that 68-75 period, we got to Wembley twice, and won the league cup.

Ellis also made the best managerial appointment the club has ever made in appointing Ron Saunders, and strictly speaking, made the appointment of MON, who could turn out to be an even better appointment.

You're right about the European Champions to relegation in five years, that was unforgiveable and I suspect driven by personal spite, I doubt any other chairman, no matter how bad, would manage that.

Its going to be mayhem agian with sky linking us with every player out there

while Roeder denies avery link.

Roeder looks to window

Nov 13 2006

By Paul Gilder, The Journal

Glenn Roeder

A concerned Glenn Roeder last night admitted the outcome of Newcastle's campaign will hinge on his ability to solve his side's striking problems during a critical January transfer window.

The Magpies drew a blank for the fourth successive Premiership fixture at the weekend and, with a 0-0 stalemate at Manchester City not sufficient to lift the club out of the relegation zone, Roeder conceded his team's attacking limitations are becoming increasingly worrisome.

No side have been less productive in this season's top flight than United - who have managed a mere seven goals in their 12 league matches to date. And although Roeder is determined to improve upon a dreadful record before the New Year, he knows his best chance of remedying the situation will be with the aid of Freddie Shepherd's cheque book.

"The transfer window is obviously going to be critical," said a manager who is preparing to write off Shola Ameobi's season, with the 25-year-old scheduled to undergo major surgery within the next month.

"For myself and for the club, the re-opening of the window cannot come quickly enough. With Michael (Owen) and Shola almost certainly out for the year, it's going to be vital that we find players to help us have a successful second half of the season. We are not scoring goals and without the players to do that, we will not win as many games as we would like. We need to find those players.

"We are working hard looking at potential targets and we have been doing for the last six or eight weeks. I would not give clues as to how many players I want to bring in or who they are, it would be silly to do that. It would not help when we go and try to negotiate a price. Those things have to stay within the inner circle of the club."

He will not go into details but it is obvious that Roeder's chief priority is to add strikers to a toothless team without a Premiership goal in open play since September 24. The big problem is United have got nine league fixtures to negotiate before January 1 and, considering their parlous position in the top-flight standings, an immediate solution is required.

"It is a big concern, it has to be," said the Magpies boss. "I need to go with what I have got and find a way of scoring goals that will enable us to win Premier League games. I have to work out what I have and find a winning formula between now and the window opening.

"I think that we can do more than simply limp on. Limping on doesn't sound very good and we have got to be positive here. It is right to be positive because, although there is a big imbalance in the squad, we still have a

lot of quality, a group of players who are capable of winning games in the Premiership."

Newcastle's players have done nothing to prove as much of late and, having gone eight weeks without managing a league win, United remain in deep trouble. Owen's problems have been well-documented and, although Ameobi played in Manchester, he was clearly not fit and a season-ending operation is imminent.

With Giuseppe Rossi scheduled to return to Old Trafford on January 1, Roeder knows the first month of 2007 will be the defining point of the club's campaign. Yet given the disappointment of the last transfer window, United's supporters will look ahead to the New Year more in hope than expectation.

January will almost certainly see the end of Albert Luque's abortive spell on Tyneside. Sources in Spain have insisted the 28-year-old has emerged as an unlikely target for Barcelona and, having failed to even win a seat on the United team coach at the weekend, it is clear Roeder will not stand in the striker's way.

"I will tell you the truth - he just wasn't brought (to Manchester) in the 18," added the United boss, who seems to have given up on the £10m Spaniard. "He is an experienced player and if you are not going to use him in the starting line-up or on the substitutes' bench, I see little point in bringing someone of his senior standing in the game."

I've lost the last bit of respect for Roeder over how he's treated Luque. Disgusting.

why, has he assaulted him on the training ground after taking him off when he was the best player on the pitch ?

I've lost the last bit of respect for Roeder over how he's treated Luque. Disgusting.

why, has he assaulted him on the training ground after taking him off when he was the best player on the pitch ?

Telling us he's got his chance to prove himself on the eve of the Palermo game, scoring the winning goal, then being dropped ever since is shoddy man-management. Not even Souness sank to that level.

Telling us he's got his chance to prove himself on the eve of the Palermo game, scoring the winning goal, then being dropped ever since is shoddy man-management. Not even Souness sank to that level.

he might have been in the right place to score a goal, for once, but his display was appalling, or not what we require for someone who plays in that postion, whichever reason you like.

As a manager, he has to decide what the odds are on him doing it again, or putting in a display to justify his selection, and to be honest, in my opinion those odds were zero.

Because his other options are so much better...

he doesn't have any options hardly, yet there are people who said we would be better off without Shearer, and others who said we should have bought defenders instead of forwards in the summer.

Fact is, neither Luque, Ameobi, Milner, Sibierski are good enough, and I suspect Martins either, but I'm not totally sure yet. He reminds me of Imre Varadi - wild, lacks composure, if a few goals don't cure that then he won't be, he also needs to make runs outside the box and be more of a front player. Sibierski has tried to give him his due. Rossi is going back to Manu. I hope people still don't think we need defenders more .......

LM, as fun as it can be debating with you, i'm sorry to say that you're a right patronising old git. Get over your ****ing self and stop thinking you're a better supporter just because you're 105 yrs old.

KK bandwagon jumpers? What an idiotic comment. If people who started to support Newcastle at the time of Keegan were "bandwagon jumpers", believe me they have jumped ship already. Those of us who've stuck it out for the past 13 years or so (due to AGE constraints) are here to stay. If that pisses you off, then great.

A Keegan bandwagon jumper is someone who went before during and after Keegan. bluelaugh.gif

why do people force these cut and paste posts ....   :lol: it would be far easier if they learned to read.

A KK bandwagon jumper is someone who was for years not interested in supporting the club, because they were shit and going nowhere. Then suddenly when they thought something was going to happen, jumped on the bandwagon. There were thousands of them, roughly anything up to 30,000 in fact. Now they are unhappy because they jumped on the bandwagon expecting to win things, so now are calling the very board who attracted them back, because the trophies they expected didn't materialise and so they consider it all to be a wasted effort. But still tell people they "have always supported the club", even though they know they are lying. They are easy to spot. They think the club before this period always had big crowds, bought top players and didn't sell them instead, don't know much about the club during these years and so generally don't understand the leap forward the club has made since.

Like you.

Like me  bluelaugh.gif

Is that straight from the voices in your head again or have you been listening to your secret brother again?