January Transfer Window

Howaythelads

Guest Invicta_Toon

seriously, do none of the mods give a shit that every fucking thread is turning into an HTL/NE5 'I know you are but what am I' mega thread

:wullie:

seriously, do none of the mods give a shit that every ****ing thread is turning into an HTL/NE5 'I know you are but what am I' mega thread

You really hate me, don't you, gay.gif .....

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Stick to ID Cards is my suggestion, although you know nowt about that subject either.

Guest Invicta_Toon

seriously, do none of the mods give a shit that every ****ing thread is turning into an HTL/NE5 'I know you are but what am I' mega thread

Stick to ID Cards is my suggestion, although you know nowt about that subject either.

I don't hate you, HTL, I don't know you

I hate what you and NE5's inevitable involvement in a thread produces

and I know more than you do about I.D cards, I'd wager that anytime. Except it's patently obvious tbh.

Nice thread HTL. I go for option A which everyone else said was their option C which in this coming window wont exist. There were options over the summer to fill in the gaps on the cheap but for whatever reasons they didnt happen. The option C which people want (just a few million; not too much) doesnt exist as a solution to our problems. We need firepower and i think we should gamble.

There will be cheap options this winter with contracts ending in the summer and some clubs looking to cash in.

Beckham?  bluebiggrin.gif

We need a big strong athletic striker/defender. This is going to cost a fortune. There are plenty of other clubs prepared to pay decent wages nowadays and they arent involved in a relegation scrap.

Viduka is a big strong striker and Distin is an athletic defender. Both coming to the end of their contracts. Apparently Pearce doesnt want to sell Distin but would the City board let an asset potentially worth a couple of million walk out on a free in 6 months?

So if we go for these two thats how much money? With us in the relegation zone too...

Neither would be free and am not sure Viduka is the sort of character we need. Still, not bad suggestions.

I would be suprised if both players cost over £4m.

Not sure about Viduka's character but he is more likely to score than any of the strikers we currently have on the books.

So £4m plus big wages is nowt. When next years figures are published and the income to wages ratio has gone up are you going to slag off the Board even more than you do now, given that they would have done what you want them to do? Why don't you want the club to sell Parker and Emre to reduce the debt? 

This would keep Macbeth and his monkey happy for starters, or would they then claim the club has no ambition? ;)

I would slag off the board for putting us in this position in the first place. If it saves us going down its a worthy investment but there is only one reason we are in this position, the boards inability to sign a manager who can take us forward without having to spend stupid sums of money!

We are in desperate need of 2 full backs,1 central defender and at least 1 striker in January.Albrechtsen at West Brom would be a good acquisition at right back-bags of pace and power.Bridge stands out for the left full back berth and Distin for centre half .I particularly feel we need a target man type striker so I'd have a punt for Kevin Davies as he is out of contract next summer.

and I know more than you do about I.D cards, I'd wager that anytime. Except it's patently obvious tbh.

Fair enough, just wondering why I never see any need to mention you in a post yet you repeatedly mention me.

Obsessed tbh.

BTW It can't be proven, but you'd lose the wager hands down, girl.

Nice thread HTL. I go for option A which everyone else said was their option C which in this coming window wont exist. There were options over the summer to fill in the gaps on the cheap but for whatever reasons they didnt happen. The option C which people want (just a few million; not too much) doesnt exist as a solution to our problems. We need firepower and i think we should gamble.

There will be cheap options this winter with contracts ending in the summer and some clubs looking to cash in.

We need a big strong athletic striker/defender. This is going to cost a fortune. There are plenty of other clubs prepared to pay decent wages nowadays and they arent involved in a relegation scrap.

Viduka is a big strong striker and Distin is an athletic defender. Both coming to the end of their contracts. Apparently Pearce doesnt want to sell Distin but would the City board let an asset potentially worth a couple of million walk out on a free in 6 months?

So if we go for these two thats how much money? With us in the relegation zone too...

Neither would be free and am not sure Viduka is the sort of character we need. Still, not bad suggestions.

Not sure about Viduka's character but he is more likely to score than any of the strikers we currently have on the books.

So £4m plus big wages is nowt. When next years figures are published and the income to wages ratio has gone up are you going to slag off the Board even more than you do now, given that they would have done what you want them to do? Why don't you want the club to sell Parker and Emre to reduce the debt? 

This would keep Macbeth and his monkey happy for starters, or would they then claim the club has no ambition? ;)

I would slag off the board for putting us in this position in the first place. If it saves us going down its a worthy investment but there is only one reason we are in this position, the boards inability to sign a manager who can take us forward without having to spend stupid sums of money!

None of which gets anywhere close to answering the question in the thread.

Broken f****** record.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Fair enough, just wondering why I never see any need to mention you in a post

because I don't participate in your mega-threads?

yet you repeatedly mention me.

because every thread over 2 pages I open turns out to be one of your monotonous mega threads?

Fair enough, just wondering why I never see any need to mention you in a post

because I don't participate in your mega-threads?

yet you repeatedly mention me.

because every thread over 2 pages I open turns out to be one of your monotonous mega threads?

:violin:

Guest elbee909

None of which gets anywhere close to answering the question in the thread.

Broken f****** record.

It's a loaded question.  So here's another: whom would you hold ultimately responsible if we go down?

We are in desperate need of 2 full backs,1 central defender and at least 1 striker in January.Albrechtsen at West Brom would be a good acquisition at right back-bags of pace and power.Bridge stands out for the left full back berth and Distin for centre half .I particularly feel we need a target man type striker so I'd have a punt for Kevin Davies as he is out of contract next summer.

if we bought 4 players - talk to macbeth and his monkey first though so they can tell you we can't afford it and so would be better off relegated - we should bring in 3 forward players and a left back.

if we bought 4 players - talk to macbeth and his monkey first though so they can tell you we can't afford it and so would be better off relegated - we should bring in 3 forward players and a left back.

Why did we ever sell Aaron Hughes?Another of Souness' less publicised cock ups.I thought he was steady all across the back 4.Id like to see Ramage and Taylor as permanent fixtures in the back 4 with two new acquisitions with them.

If it means selling Parker & Emre then so be it, but we need a major overhaul asap.

It should of been done in the summer, but fat cunt didn't want to commit to GR, but he had to, just to clean up the mess Souness made.

I think we need.

Bridge

Distin

Neill or Young

Replacements for Parker or Emre if sold.

2 strikers, one loan from abroad (not getting games in a big team) & a proven older head in the EPL.

Why did we ever sell Aaron Hughes?Another of Souness' less publicised cock ups.I thought he was steady all across the back 4.Id like to see Ramage and Taylor as permanent fixtures in the back 4 with two new acquisitions with them.

Hughes hadn't actually got any better since his debut, weird one he was, but reliable, and good enough to be in the squad.

Miles better than Carr, fuking waste of shite that fuker is.

If it means selling Parker & Emre then so be it, but we need a major overhaul asap.

It should of been done in the summer, but fat **** didn't want to commit to GR, but he had to, just to clean up the mess Souness made.

I think we need.

Bridge

Distin

Neill or Young

2 strikers, one loan from abroad (not getting games in a big team) & a proven older head in the EPL.

But if we do sell Parker and Emre. our current centre-midfield partnership, and get two new in, wouldnt that be a major risk considering they need a certain time to understand eachother to play well? But I do agree about the other. Centreback, and atleast one fullback, left or right doesnt matter considering the current ones are piss poor anyway. Strikers is a must aswell thanks to Ameobis hip operation and Luques inability to get a game even though we have no strikers available except Sibierski (rossi to man utd in jan) . Davies? DAvies and Sibi upfront ?  :roll: Martins better come back soon then. 

It should of been done in the summer, but fat cunt didn't want to commit to GR, but he had to, just to clean up the mess Souness made.

I think we need.

Bridge

Distin

Neill or Young

We can't go down the route of a major overhaul, especially in mid season. We need some striking power, and/or someone who will make things happen up front, hold the ball, chase the ball, and enable the whole team to push forward and take more initiative. We also need an attacking box to box midfield player to back this forward player and his partner up. As a result of these changes the team will be a different side. And, just as much, we need one of these players at least to be a leader, have desire and will to win,all the time, and one who can take pressure and all of our players able to play for a club like us. Its easier said than done. As always, it needs the manager not just able to assess the situation correctly, but spend his money properly. Because the reason we are where we are, is because managers..particularly the last one, but Bobby Robson also must take some blame, has wasted far too much money on players who should not have been brought to the club.

I think we need.

Bridge

Distin

Neill or Young

You haven't answered the question.

The question was:

'Can I point and lay blame with you if we get relegated, instead of the board?'

A) Yes

B) Yes

It should of been done in the summer, but fat **** didn't want to commit to GR, but he had to, just to clean up the mess Souness made.

I think we need.

Bridge

Distin

Neill or Young

But if we do sell Parker and Emre. our current centre-midfield partnership, and get two new in, wouldnt that be a major risk considering they need a certain time to understand eachother to play well? But I do agree about the other. Centreback, and atleast one fullback, left or right doesnt matter considering the current ones are piss poor anyway. Strikers is a must aswell thanks to Ameobis hip operation and Luques inability to get a game even though we have no strikers available except Sibierski (rossi to man utd in jan) . Davies? DAvies and Sibi upfront ?  :roll: Martins better come back soon then. 

Point is, we shouldn't have to, especially since FS announced money is available in the next window.

But if it meant selling one of them, or both to get a new defense in, am for it.

Emre @ £8m...fuking hell, that sale would cover Bridge, Distin & a RB.

I think we need.

Bridge

Distin

Neill or Young

We can't go down the route of a major overhaul, especially in mid season. We need some striking power, and/or someone who will make things happen up front, hold the ball, chase the ball, and enable the whole team to push forward and take more initiative. We also need an attacking box to box midfield player to back this forward player and his partner up. As a result of these changes the team will be a different side. And, just as much, we need one of these players at least to be a leader, have desire and will to win,all the time, and one who can take pressure and all of our players able to play for a club like us. Its easier said than done. As always, it needs the manager not just able to assess the situation correctly, but spend his money properly. Because the reason we are where we are, is because managers..particularly the last one, but Bobby Robson also must take some blame, has wasted far too much money on players who should not have been brought to the club.

No we cant, it should of been done pre-season, it wasn't so now we must do as much as we can.

What it sounds like is you want us to go buy Shearer's replacement in the window.

But what you want will be £10m minimum, and that's doing what FS has done (and why were screwed) putting all our eggs in one basket.

You want a classic mid on top? Cant be done, however, there are cheap options at the back that would cement our EPL status in the 2nd half of the campaign, and then we can finish off what needs doing next summer.

But i agree with the two players that we need. Stick Shearer & Speed in a time machine, sorted.

I think we need.

Bridge

Distin

Neill or Young

Point is, we shouldn't have to, especially since FS announced money is available in the next window.

But if it meant selling one of them, or both to get a new defense in, am for it.

Well I do agree, as long as we get a midfield partership that actually works. Because a solid back for doesnt help unless we have a midfield fighting aswell. Emre and Parker just doesnt work. Not for me it doesnt. Parker is a great player, but he isnt the defensive midfielder we need. And Butt is still a Man Utd player in his heart. Emre just doesnt perform on a regular basis. Emre at £8m? Bite their hands off. Bridge, Distin and RB will be covered. FS says we have money to spend, plus the possible money from a Luque sale, say about 3-4m, give or take, says we have about what, £10m tops? What striker(s) could we get?

I think we need.

Bridge

Distin

Neill or Young

Well I do agree, as long as we get a midfield partership that actually works. Because a solid back for doesnt help unless we have a midfield fighting aswell. Emre and Parker just doesnt work. Not for me it doesnt. Parker is a great player, but he isnt the defensive midfielder we need. And Butt is still a Man Utd player in his heart. Emre just doesnt perform on a regular basis. Emre at £8m? Bite their hands off. Bridge, Distin and RB will be covered. FS says we have money to spend, plus the possible money from a Luque sale, say about 3-4m, give or take, says we have about what, £10m tops? What striker(s) could we get?

The partnership doesn't work, and that's why id sacrifice it for a class defense.

Still think a Cassano / Luque swap should be tried, even a loan swap Batista/Reyes style would benefit both clubs.

If Cassano settled, and liked it here, we'd have a worldclass player on our hands, but previous shows that probably wont be the case.

I think we need.

Bridge

Distin

Neill or Young

The partnership doesn't work, and that's why id sacrifice it for a class defense.

Still think a Cassano / Luque swap should be tried, even a loan swap Batista/Reyes style would benefit both clubs.

If Cassano settled, and liked it here, we'd have a worldclass player on our hands, but previous shows that probably wont be the case.

Agree. Ronaldo?

I think we need.

Bridge

Distin

Neill or Young

Agree. Ronaldo?

Luque for Ronaldo?

I'd try it.

But am sure Real still value him highly, and i doubt he'd move here.

It will be back to Brazil for the buck tooth wonder, or a glamour capital, but certainly not here.

It's a loaded question.  So here's another: whom would you hold ultimately responsible if we go down?

It's loaded only if you think people want to slag the Board despite the Board doing what they want them to do.

The Board has made mistakes, how many times does it have to be said and ignored, so slag them for that and for Fred calling Geordie women dogs, if that's what does it for you and you think it's bad for performances on the pitch. But don't slag them for doing what you want.

It's a really very simple about the Board. What you won't accept is that if Souness had spent the £50m on that 5th placed squad properly we wouldn't be where we are now. Souness picked the players to come in and it was him who booted various players out he couldn't manage, while undermining their fee, all of which was supported by those moaning right now. The same people who slagged people like me for telling them it would go pear shaped.  "No, we'll be better off", they said. The same people are now saying we'll be better off without the current Board. 

(Broken record alert...."and who appointed Souness?".....end of broken record alert).

I'm sure you're not so stupid that you don't get the point, but probably like others all you really want to do is moan on and on and on and on and on............

I'm sure those members who have taken the trouble to respond properly aren't the type who will complain later. Which says it all.