January Transfer Window

Howaythelads

blah blah Rolls Royce wages blah blah Byker, blah blah blip, blah blah forgot who they're playing for, blah blah Romans, blah blah I'm a Geordie me ye knaa blah

you were told this when you backed your man Souness to spend lorryfuls of cash and get rid of the "cancer". Glad to see you are now realising what a balls up of a judgement you made.

I agree NE5. You tell him.

blah blah Rolls Royce wages blah blah Byker, blah blah blip, blah blah forgot who they're playing for, blah blah Romans, blah blah I'm a Geordie me ye knaa blah

you were told this when you backed your man Souness to spend lorryfuls of cash and get rid of the "cancer". Glad to see you are now realising what a balls up of a judgement you made.

I agree NE5. You tell him.

editing posts again. You're pathetic son.

Nice thread HTL. I go for option A which everyone else said was their option C which in this coming window wont exist. There were options over the summer to fill in the gaps on the cheap but for whatever reasons they didnt happen. The option C which people want (just a few million; not too much) doesnt exist as a solution to our problems. We need firepower and i think we should gamble.

Nice thread HTL. I go for option A which everyone else said was their option C which in this coming window wont exist. There were options over the summer to fill in the gaps on the cheap but for whatever reasons they didnt happen. The option C which people want (just a few million; not too much) doesnt exist as a solution to our problems. We need firepower and i think we should gamble.

There will be cheap options this winter with contracts ending in the summer and some clubs looking to cash in.

absolutely no doubt. We need firepower and some genuine desire and determination up front.

There will be cheap options this winter with contracts ending in the summer and some clubs looking to cash in.

Beckham?  bluebiggrin.gif

We need a big strong athletic striker/defender. This is going to cost a fortune. There are plenty of other clubs prepared to pay decent wages nowadays and they arent involved in a relegation scrap.

We need a big strong athletic striker/defender. This is going to cost a fortune. There are plenty of other clubs prepared to pay decent wages nowadays and they arent involved in a relegation scrap.

Absolutely, we're hardly the most attractive prospect at the moment......big signing on fees all round!!!!

Viduka is a big strong striker and Distin is an athletic defender. Both coming to the end of their contracts. Apparently Pearce doesnt want to sell Distin but would the City board let an asset potentially worth a couple of million walk out on a free in 6 months?

Viduka is a big strong striker and Distin is an athletic defender. Both coming to the end of their contracts. Apparently Pearce doesnt want to sell Distin but would the City board let an asset potentially worth a couple of million walk out on a free in 6 months?

So if we go for these two thats how much money? With us in the relegation zone too...

Neither would be free and am not sure Viduka is the sort of character we need. Still, not bad suggestions.

So if we go for these two thats how much money? With us in the relegation zone too...

Neither would be free and am not sure Viduka is the sort of character we need. Still, not bad suggestions.

I would be suprised if both players cost over £4m.

Not sure about Viduka's character but he is more likely to score than any of the strikers we currently have on the books.

At the end of the day its the board/chairman who employ the manager therefore it surely falls on their shoulders if the man they have employed to take charges of transfers etc f*cks up!

This whole thread is just a great big "well YOU wanted this" for future reference but as Wullie pointed out, its the board who have put us in this position and as much as you would like some ammo to fight your corner when it does all go tits up people will still know where the real problems lie and not "well poster xxxxx said we should do this"

Good of you to admit you don't have an opinion worthy of the label.

Just love that hindsight, don't you.

BTW It's obvious what the thread is about, I'm not hiding the fact so do you think you've posted some kind of revelation there, or something?

Quite simple really - where were we when the Fat Git took over ?

Where are we now ?

Are we significantly worse off now or not ?

How many massive (and I mean MASSIVE mistakes) has this fool been responsible for ?

Who hired Souness on a big contract des[ite his taking Blackburn to the brink of relegation ?

Who hired Roeder (coming up for 3 out of 3 relegations) ?

A person is judged by RESULTS.

Shepherd's is DISASTROUS, not merely awful.

Which of course doesn't answer anything in the question I'm asking, but thanks anyway.

A or B would have done.

I agree totally.

Not sure about Viduka's character but he is more likely to score than any of the strikers we currently have on the books.

So £4m plus big wages is nowt. When next years figures are published and the income to wages ratio has gone up are you going to slag off the Board even more than you do now, given that they would have done what you want them to do? Why don't you want the club to sell Parker and Emre to reduce the debt? 

This would keep Macbeth and his monkey happy for starters, or would they then claim the club has no ambition? ;)

So £4m plus big wages is nowt. When next years figures are published and the income to wages ratio has gone up are you going to slag off the Board even more than you do now, given that they would have done what you want them to do? Why don't you want the club to sell Parker and Emre to reduce the debt? 

This would keep Macbeth and his monkey happy for starters, or would they then claim the club has no ambition? ;)

macbeth would be happy with the figures, and the replacements from the 4th division on 100 quid a week, and his monkey would accuse the club of having no ambition, just like the old days that he witnessed, with tearful nostalgia.

macbeth would be happy with the figures, and the replacements from the 4th division on 100 quid a week, and his monkey would accuse the club of having no ambition, just like the old days that he witnessed, with tearful nostalgia.

macbeth will have a hernia though if we splash out in January. Financial meltdown etc.

macbeth will have a hernia though if we splash out in January. Financial meltdown etc.

I would expect him and his monkey would prefer us to be relegated, which is why they are avoiding a direct answer.

I would expect him and his monkey would prefer us to be relegated, which is why they are avoiding a direct answer.

online, and avoiding it

online, and avoiding it

Online and avoiding what?  Why would I want to avoid your brothers thread?  I assume you do mean me.

All I'll say is that you can't answer the question at this time, things could be so bad by the time we reach January that we'll be selling while some of our players retain value because if we do go down we'll be selling in the bargain basement just to get the wages down.

If you or your brother are interested then ask again in January and I'll consider answering it.

PS

I can't comment on something before I see it, unlike you who will see something and just avoid it because you don't want to answer it.

Happy with that?

Yeah, because we'd be better off financially getting relegated than spending £4 million on players we're desperate for to try and stay up :roll:

Yeah, because we'd be better off financially getting relegated than spending £4 million on players we're desperate for to try and stay up :roll:

Presumably not if we get relegated anyway.

online, and avoiding it

Online and avoiding what?  Why would I want to avoid your brothers thread?  I assume you do mean me.

All I'll say is that you can't answer the question at this time, things could be so bad by the time we reach January that we'll be selling while some of our players retain value because if we do go down we'll be selling in the bargain basement just to get the wages down.

If you or your brother are interested then ask again in January and I'll consider answering it.

PS

I can't comment on something before I see it, unlike you who will see something and just avoid it because you don't want to answer it.

Happy with that?

Well, basically, you must be thinking we won't stay where we are or you would reply now. Which will probably piss you off mightily if you don't have grounds to continue being macbeths monkey .... glad you think that being in the bottom few positions for a few weeks is the same as spending decades in the same position or lower, what a fool.  :lol: